hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Philadelphia vs New Jersey 1/22/13        (Topic#538434)
superstar
Total Posts: 4107
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:03 PM - Post#1501755    

Game is locked up late for Jersey and it has been fairly chippy for a while. Simmonds puts a hit on Clarkson and they kind of never break apart coming back up the ice. Clarkson gets the gloves down and Simmonds is not far behind. They tie up and move across center ice, with each guy getting a good grip on the other's throwing arm. Both goth with the rights and have a pretty short exchange. Clarkson looks to land a couple more than Simmonds, but nothing too serious. They are off balance a good bit because of the back and forth shots and the grips they have on each other's jerseys. Edge Clarkson

superstar
Total Posts: 4107
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:09 PM - Post#1501757    

In response to 187

About 40 seconds left and we get:

Bernier vs. B. Schenn

Players are going off for a line change after a whistle and Bernier gives Schenn a shot in the back. Schenn turns around and they have a talk. Bernier gets a good straight right in and then Schenn comes back with a few short rights. They jockey for position a bit in front of the benches and Bernier lands a nice upper cut. Schenn throws a couple more and they go down. Win Bernier in a pretty uneventful scrap.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:10 PM - Post#1501758    

In response to 187

That was in response to Simmonds hitting Brodeur. Good enforcing.

I call it a draw though. Nothing decisive on first view.

B. Schenn also went with Bernier in a passionate but boring draw with 30 seconds left.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Thornton
superstar
Total Posts: 3326
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:11 PM - Post#1501759    

In response to 187

Good finish to the game. Boy Philly had a weak lineup dressed, even for 2013 NHL standards.

irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8237
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:14 PM - Post#1501764    

In response to Thornton

Team toughness Lavvy style. WTF?
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Huard28
Total Posts: 30160
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:18 PM - Post#1501767    

In response to irish_66

At least Philly chipped in with a couple garbage time fights to beef their fight stats. They all count in the end. Team toughness style. However, fights like this will prove to Lavy he doesn't need to dress a heavyweight!
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:20 PM - Post#1501769    

In response to Huard28

As long as Giroux doesnt get cheap shot and no one gets beat badly in these fights, he will dress this lineup.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"

Gorak
all star
Total Posts: 1094
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 09:45 PM - Post#1501787    

In response to irish_66

Lavy is such a fuckin pussy. How's that 0 and 3 going for you, Coach Pussy?

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 12842
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 10:13 PM - Post#1501805    

In response to Gorak

Salvador almost got a fighting major. I thought he did at first and the only thing that went though my mind was that Nigerian Nightmare must be so happy. Or was it Rancidis?

Simmons barely touches Marty and he flops to the ice. Simmons is definitely my favorite Flyer. He and Clarkson have a good rivalry going.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

Edited by DoubleJ on 01-22-13 10:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16694
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 10:59 PM - Post#1501820    

In response to DoubleJ

Clarkson and Simmonds was pretty good. Both guys got their licks in throughout, Clarkson landed a bit better early, I thought Simmonds answered well late and might have clipped Clarkson on his way down after he slipped at the end there. Straight up Draw.

Brenier and Schenn wasn't as good a fight but it was nice to see a second fight in the final five minutes. They each got a couple in there. Brenier looked to be landing with more steam on the couple he got in there but Schenn was answering. Draw works, if there was a decision to be awarded, it probably belonged to Brenier.

If the Flyers keep losing is there any chance we might see Shelley at some point or are they trying to reinact last years Toronto Maple Squad of fucking losers who just turn the other cheek and take it lying down?
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 11:03 PM - Post#1501823    

In response to Drunk_24-7

If they continue to suck, I think they'll play Shelley, Drunk, because the management knows that guys like B. Schenn and Simmonds will fight more often to take out their frustrations and they don't want those guys getting hurt.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Cotton
Total Posts: 27596
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 11:05 PM - Post#1501824    

In response to Tim-

Missed the game. Two draws IMO. They will make some moves with the roster.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

InVain316
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5066
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 11:39 PM - Post#1501831    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
Missed the game. Two draws IMO. They will make some moves with the roster.

Agreed, these fights were draws.

Boivin40
captain
Total Posts: 900
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-22-13 11:43 PM - Post#1501833    

In response to InVain316

Philly will dress a tougher line up for the Rangers on Thursday. They are getting nothing from the forwards. They tried to shake up all four lines tonight, and you see how that worked out. Next game will come the healthy scratches. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shelley and Sestito both dressed.

Edited by Boivin40 on 01-22-13 11:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-23-13 01:14 AM - Post#1501843    

In response to Boivin40

In a travel towards a Cup run the teams needs a guys like Clarkson or Simmonds VERY VERY MUCH.
This scrap between Simmonds and Clarkson was a beauty thing IMO as they played the defense but still put fire some impressive shots from the hard grip.
Those attempts looked about good IMO.
Looked like Clarkson was leading the fight in the punch counts but Simmonds was smart as Doctor as he changed to the left and landed a good left and Clarkson goes down.
Narrow win Simmonds!

Schenn was fightning(cool) and he did it well though but i got Bernier landing the key-punches at the end(an uppercut and landing on top).
Decent tussle.
Narrow win Bernier.

Edited by juha82 on 01-23-13 01:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-23-13 06:35 AM - Post#1501859    

In response to juha82

What makes anyone think they will dress a tougher lineup soon? In Lavvys's mind, they need a win, shelley and sestito cant generate offense(though Sestito is a very good hitter and forechecker) and he loves wellwood and mcginn it seems. The only reason Shelley is on the team is his contract and hes "good in the room." Shelley and sestito on the fourth makes this team play harder and they will have more hits and energy than the minor leaguers i mentioned earlier. I dont see it happening.

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-23-13 06:58 AM - Post#1501865    

In response to irish_66

• irish_66 Said:
What makes anyone think they will dress a tougher lineup soon? In Lavvys's mind, they need a win, shelley and sestito cant generate offense(though Sestito is a very good hitter and forechecker) and he loves wellwood and mcginn it seems. The only reason Shelley is on the team is his contract and hes "good in the room." Shelley and sestito on the fourth makes this team play harder and they will have more hits and energy than the minor leaguers i mentioned earlier. I dont see it happening.

Because of physically thing on that line where is Shelley and Sestito playing together so it gives a winning element for Flyers.
Without them Flyers arent as good as IMO.
The history is showing that many Cup winners and other teams which jhas succeed well has carryed an enforcer or two and some rough players.
My Canucks hasnt win anything(yet) bec lack of toughness.
Still your Philly is tougher and potential winner but i doubt it bec i questions your goal tending.
Offense is very good, defense is enough but goaltending is question mark for sure.
In your fav team has enough much muscle and players who can to play an enforcer role but if Lavy will not give a change for him so then it sucks.
How about Rinaldo?

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-23-13 07:54 AM - Post#1501888    

In response to juha82

Juja, I agree, trouble is Lavvy doesnt.

cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12354
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-23-13 08:17 AM - Post#1501898    

In response to irish_66

I see the flyers are off to there usual post lockout start once again just like the last lockout which they started off really bad then came on strong to make the playoffs but this time they got Bryz in nets and i'm still not a fan of him whatsoever,oh well.After watching the fights i'd go with draws as well and lavy better get his ass in gear cause Giroux will get some attention from opposing teams soon enough and will get ran more and more as the flyers try to climb back up in the standings in these 4 point games.

Pete
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8185
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-23-13 09:00 AM - Post#1501910    

In response to cashman rulz

Clarkson-Simmonds was brewing all night. Good to see guys drop 'em with less than 5 minutes to go in the game.

I saw both fights as draws.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
72 Online Now
10 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 62 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Stage 1 - Round 5 - Who makes the Top 50?" with 54 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.394 seconds.   Total Queries: 350   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:36 PM