hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Montreal vs Washington 1/24/13        (Topic#538461)
Sask66
captain
Total Posts: 842
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-24-13 08:27 PM - Post#1502515    

Hendricks hit a Montreal Dman with a bit of vigor, and Prust stepped in with just over 5 minutes to play. Prust threw a few rights as a gun shy Hendricks turned his head. Eventually they fall to the ice. Edge Prust. Have no idea why Prust picked up an extra minor, as they dropped the gloves at the same time and Prust did not swat at Hendrick's head before the fight. Horrible minor just cost a shut-out.

ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3973
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-24-13 09:23 PM - Post#1502531    

In response to Sask66

Game was basically over and Hendricks runs Frankie Boullion into the boards with a very hard but clean hit. Prust doesn't like it at all and he comes over to straighten out Hendricks:

Hendricks vs Prust: Hendricks is kind of flopping around and Prust waits for him to get up and they toss the gloves at the same time. Prust throws two rights one misses and one lands and Hendricks is gun shy, turning his head and ducking away. Prust throws a couple more that miss and two that hit side of the head and Hendricks slips to the ice. Prust lands one while Hendricks is down. Hendricks gets up and wrestles Prust down. Not a good fight and both look kind of ashamed skating to the box. Win Prust who did the right thing sticking up for a teammate.

"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-24-13 09:36 PM - Post#1502537    

In response to ILB

Wasn't watching, didn't care to. Caps are horrid, soft, and boring. I hope they go 0-48.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16711
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-24-13 11:19 PM - Post#1502575    

In response to Tim-

Good call boobs. The fight was pretty sloppy, Prust won it as Hendricks didn't do much of anything but Prust didn't do any damage. Still the message was clear not to run guys on his watch. Hendricks didn't appear to want to be in that fight and Prust seemed kind of frustrated he couldn't hold Hendricks still enough to hit him with anything significant. More of a rag-dolling than anything else but an easy win for Prust none the less.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Kordic
superstar
Total Posts: 2987
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-25-13 02:26 AM - Post#1502588    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Prust landed right hands at will and Hendricks was stunned for during the last half of the fight. This was a decisive win for Prust and basically an ass-kicking.
My job description? If there's a problem on the ice, I just go out and fix it. - Dave Brown

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-25-13 04:34 AM - Post#1502598    

In response to Kordic

Clear win Prust who was working with his throwing hand and tying up with other his customers hand.

Ogie
legend
Total Posts: 11437
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-25-13 08:23 AM - Post#1502626    

In response to Kordic

Hendricks can handle guys like Jim Slater but when guys like Prust come knocking.........pathetic, just like his team.
"Buy me a soda after the game."

Hannibal
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9515
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-25-13 09:27 AM - Post#1502651    

In response to Ogie

Already to game #3 and I didn't bother turning it on.

So that makes it:

Game #1 (on TV) - fell asleep at end of second. Didn't watch final period.

Game #2 (in person for home openor) - left at the end of period #2. Didn't listen to 3rd.

Game #3 (on TV) - didn't even turn it on. Checked out score first thing in the AM on the radio and smiled as I made the right choice.

Game #4 (have tickets) - trying to convince the wife it will be a waste of time to go.

I feel bad for Hendricks. It's unfortunate that he has to play the role of spark. Even after fight #1 this year (Tuesday), you could see him walk past the bench and holler at them.

I am sure it won't be this bad forever. Just disappointing after waiting so long for hockey to return.
Barney who?

Edited by Hannibal on 01-25-13 09:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sask66
captain
Total Posts: 842
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-25-13 03:35 PM - Post#1502741    

In response to Hannibal

Guess I should re-categorize the fight as a win for Prust. Am a bit old school where a "win" usually means the guy got corked or one player got another good during the scrap. Blame the old junior league for that......

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
35 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 35 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Palin Brawl" with 42 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.168 seconds.   Total Queries: 179   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:12 AM