hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Los Angeles vs Phoenix 1/26/13        (Topic#538506)
Huard28
Total Posts: 30305
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-26-13 10:11 PM - Post#1503234    

2 fights in this one...

K.Clifford LAK vs K.Chipchura PHX

Clifford takes a run at Chipchura and off come the gloves. They grapple and each attempt a weak uppercut, grapple, and then Chipchura grazes Clifford with a weak uppercut that knocks his helmet off and also works the jersey up over Clifford's head just a tad that makes the linesmen jump in right away to stop it. DRAW or EDGE CHIPCHURA.

M.Richards LAK vs S.Doan PHX

Doan was looking for trouble, and throws a hit and gets Richards angry, but Richards doesn't seem to want to do anything in the fight as it's all Doan working in this one but not really doing much in way of damage or punches landed, but still gets the W. WIN DOAN.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3162
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:10 AM - Post#1503342    

In response to Huard28

Doan just too strong for Richards, so basically he couldn't get loose from Doan's lockout and he failed to do the same to Doan leaving Doan's right free to nail him a couple times. Props to Richards for sticking up for the teams captain, but he takes the loss in this one.

The Clifford/Chipcaaawhatever was crap. I didn't see anything get thru. So IMO a draw in another disappointing Clifford fight. I like the guy (Clifford,) but he just looks like he has lost his confidence, IMHO.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:48 AM - Post#1503353    

In response to licoricebiscuit

Chiphura with a narrow win for landing two as Cliff looked about more baby here.

Doan with clear win.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:53 AM - Post#1503356    

In response to juha82

"Cliff looked about more baby here"

WTF
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 10:56 AM - Post#1503375    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
"Cliff looked about more baby here"

WTF

Clifford didnt do anything in that bout as looked like Chiphura uppercutted him twice, controlling the things and get Cliff looking for idiot.

Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24460
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 03:54 PM - Post#1503465    

In response to juha82

Clifford has really lost it as a fighter. He took a couple of those bad losses a couple of years ago, which likely resulted in head injuries getting dropped and all, but now he looks like a ghost of his early self. He was never a great fighter, but he was balls out and fun. I am still glad he is on the Kings. yet, I still wish the Kings had a real enforcer. Would shit if they somehow traded for a guy like MacYntire.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 04:02 PM - Post#1503473    

In response to Mike

I wish they'd have brought Parros back.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 04:05 PM - Post#1503474    

In response to PuckRogue

Remember Steve McKenna and Mark Visheau and Kip Brennan?

Floyd
superstar
Total Posts: 2749
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 04:20 PM - Post#1503478    

In response to Mike

Agree, Clifford is shadow of self from rook yr. He looks afraid to get punched.

What up with Dwight King wearing a visor this year? I had thought he was going to shoulder some toughness for the team.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16753
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 05:18 PM - Post#1503499    

In response to Floyd

Clifford and Chipchura was a shit fight draw. Chipchura at least threw a punch, I probably wouldn't be bothered calling a decision in that lackluster fight, but WIASF Chipchura I guess if you wanna call a winner. Doan and Richards was alright, well at least Doan was alright. Richards didn't do much of anything. Doan threw a couple of good shots and ragdolled him around with ease using his size advantage effectively. Richards never even got started. I thought that might be a good matchup but Richards couldnt make a fight of it at all. Easy win Doan.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24460
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 05:39 PM - Post#1503508    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
Remember Steve McKenna and Mark Visheau and Kip Brennan?

Kip Brennan I would have kept in a heartbeat. he lost most, and some badly, but he was an entertaining balls out heavy (in fact till the end of his days). McKenna and Visheau bring back bad memories, especially Visheau who was one of the worst ever.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 06:58 PM - Post#1503555    

In response to Mike

I remember a young Parros being pretty bad trying to be the Kings enforcer there for a while? He was out of an ivy league school and learning on the job it seemed, but I recall him losing a lot and being a bad technical fighter. Then he caught fire when he joined Anaheim.

Haha I had to give myself a few seconds to think of Visheau`s name. I remembered his number and dumb looking face first.

Kings had Grimson for that one season just after that, so that was ok, then Stu fizzled out the next year in Nashville.

Matt Johnson would have been one of the best ever if it wasnt for his injury woes. Too bad. Toughest guy I ever played against by a landslide.

Even though they sucked, that 93-94 Melrose led team was exciting. When they had Rychel and Potvin fighting up a storm. And can`t recall if that was before or after the Barry Potomski project? They even gave Keith Redmond a shot who I knew from when he played with the Detroit Ambassadors in OHL and had many of fights-brawls with Niagara Falls.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27598
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 07:16 PM - Post#1503560    

In response to Huard28

It's hard to watch Richards fight anymore.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3162
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 03:27 PM - Post#1503832    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
I remember a young Parros being pretty bad trying to be the Kings enforcer there for a while? He was out of an ivy league school and learning on the job it seemed, but I recall him losing a lot and being a bad technical fighter. Then he caught fire when he joined Anaheim.

Haha I had to give myself a few seconds to think of Visheau`s name. I remembered his number and dumb looking face first.

Kings had Grimson for that one season just after that, so that was ok, then Stu fizzled out the next year in Nashville.

Matt Johnson would have been one of the best ever if it wasnt for his injury woes. Too bad. Toughest guy I ever played against by a landslide.

Even though they sucked, that 93-94 Melrose led team was exciting. When they had Rychel and Potvin fighting up a storm. And can`t recall if that was before or after the Barry Potomski project? They even gave Keith Redmond a shot who I knew from when he played with the Detroit Ambassadors in OHL and had many of fights-brawls with Niagara Falls.

94-95 Melrose had his "system" in place. That was a good year for fighting Kings:
Matt Johnson
Troy Crowder
Eric Lacroix
McSorley
O'Donnel
Rychel
Tocchet
Michel Petit
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 03:44 PM - Post#1503836    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:

Johnson could have been the champ, if not for the shoulders. Wasn't that what kept breaking?

Keith Redmond was always one of my favorite players. I saw a lot of him in Phoenix with the Roadrunners. He wasn't a great fighter, but he was a good player, and used to check the shit out of people because he could skate and had decent skills. I always hoped that he'd make the show.

-PR

Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 03:45 PM - Post#1503837    

In response to licoricebiscuit

• licoricebiscuit Said:
  • Huard28 Said:

94-95 Melrose had his "system" in place. That was a good year for fighting Kings:
Matt Johnson
Troy Crowder
Eric Lacroix
McSorley
O'Donnel
Rychel
Tocchet
Michel Petit

That team was amazing. Seems like that was the last roster of that magnitude to ever see the NHL.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 03:46 PM - Post#1503838    

In response to PuckRogue

It was the Warren Rychel and Phil Crowe years that were REALLY lean...

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 03:46 PM - Post#1503839    

In response to PuckRogue

Then poor Lappy as the heavy...

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16753
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 04:38 PM - Post#1503854    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • licoricebiscuit Said:
  • Huard28 Said:

Matt Johnson
Troy Crowder
Eric Lacroix
McSorley
O'Donnel
Rychel
Tocchet
Michel Petit

That team was amazing. Seems like that was the last roster of that magnitude to ever see the NHL.

-PR

98-99 Hawks
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

cutthroat
captain
Total Posts: 778
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 04:54 PM - Post#1503858    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
It was the Warren Rychel and Phil Crowe years that were REALLY lean...

-PR

the Buchberger season or Zmolek season were no treat either...

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
46 Online Now
5 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 40 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Grubergate" with 81 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.299 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 11:39 AM