hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 3 All123
Username Post: Vancouver @ San Jose 1/27/13        (Topic#538517)
haymaker36
Total Posts: 13768
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 08:08 PM - Post#1503576    

Clowe vs. Kassian: Clowe and Kassian come together in the neutral zone and away we go. Clowe starts with the rights and Kassian goes with the lefts out of the gate. Kassian catches Clowe with two lefts out of the gate, but that would be about it for him. Clowe connects with a couple of rights, one of which may have put Kassian down to a knee, although it may have been a slip. Kassian gets up and Clowe nails him with another two rights. Clowe is doing a really good job pulling Kassian off balance at this point and controlling the fight, while looking a lot stronger. Kassian lands a grazing left, while Clowe parries another. They swing away a little more, but Kassian looks very tired at this point. He tries to neutralize Clowe's right, but Ryane persists, mixing in straight rights, overhand rights, and uppercuts, a couple of which graze him. Clowe lands one solid overhand right, the grapple a little more, and Clowe lands two straight rights to Zack's mush that drop him to a knee. He gets right back up, but the linesman intervene. KD win Clowe.

Thank god we have Clowe after that pathetic effort last night. A very good fight for him, especially after what Kassian did to Eager.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Cotton
Total Posts: 27536
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 08:09 PM - Post#1503577    

In response to haymaker36

Clowe did a number on him.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 08:35 PM - Post#1503584    

In response to Cotton

I really hate Lappierre. I'm glad they scored on that PP. it takes a special type of piece a shit to crosscheck a guy into his own goalposts from behind when he's done nothing to you.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 08:51 PM - Post#1503590    

It looks like Clowe's night is over after that game misconduct. His line for the night is 5 minors, a fighting major, and a game misconduct in two periods. Jesus Christ Ryane, reel it in a bit bud!

-Crowder

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 08:52 PM - Post#1503591    

• haymaker36 Said:
It looks like Clowe's night is over after that game misconduct. His line for the night is 5 minors, a fighting major, and a game misconduct in two periods. Jesus Christ Ryane, reel it in a bit bud!

"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:05 PM - Post#1503600    

In response to Cotton

LOL, no shit.

-Crowder

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16568
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:21 PM - Post#1503603    

This was a matchup I was really hoping to see. Kassian hits very hard and is a pretty good fighter. He hasnt fought a whole lot since turning pro but when he does he usually does a pretty good job. In junior he was one of the toughest guys in the league but he had some size and strength on most guys and didn't having to worry about being hit as hard as a guy like Ryan Clowe can hit him. When he is in control of a fight, he can look real good and I think in today's NHL he should be fine. There are a few guys though who will catch him until he gets a little more used to being hit and hit hard. Staubitz came back on him last year when most guys he would have fought in junior would have folded under his initial flurry. In this one with Clowe, he started well, tagged him with a couple of good shots but when Clowe didn't go anywhere and came back on him, he found himself in trouble. He tried to hang in there but Clowe gave it to him pretty good landing several big shots. Kassian got a chin on him though as that last punch by Clowe had KO written all over it. Kassian was rocked and went down for a second but he popped right back up and seemed to clear the cobwebs quite well. He may have still been out on his feet a little bit though.

Kassian seems like he "can" take a shot, he just needs to learn "how" to take a shot a little better. Some head movement and rolling with the punches might go along way for him when he fights but I think he's going to be pretty good. He ate Eager up in that beauty, he's been scoring some goals and playing some good hockey. He just ran into arguably the best power forward in hockey who's been a very good fighter for a very long time and he got taken to school here. This fight kinda reminded me of when Lucic as a rookie took on John Erskine. He landed some big ones that he'd used to administer beatdowns on lesser fighters but when Johnny didn't go anywhere and came back on him, it was curtians for Looch. Clowe gave Kassian the same type of treatment here. Great job by Clowe who was in a foul mood this evening. Good learning experience for Kassian to tangle with a guy he should really aspire to try and be like, because if he can, he'll have a heck of a career for himself. Good scrap. Great Lesson by Professor Clowe with the clear and decisive victory over a game and tough Kassian. Win Clowe.

That ref is a fucking cunt. What a terrible call on Clowe to begin with. Clowe throws a tantrum over what was a horrible call and instaed of giving a misconduct, he gives him an unsportsmanlike minor plus the game to go with the 10. Fucking bullshit, bush league officiating. Somebody on the Sharks should shoot the puck at that prick. Clowe is an Animal. Hard not to love that guy. Plays the game the way it's meant to be played.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:27 PM - Post#1503607    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Murray just schooled Volpatti, who has been running around big time. He rained rights down upon him, all Volpatti could do was hold on. Atta boy, Dougie! WIN Murray.

-Crowder

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:41 PM - Post#1503609    

Clowe's line for the night is actually 5 minors, a fighting major and two gamers. 35 PIMs and ties Link Gaetz for the SJ single game record.

As I'm typing Bieksa cheap shots Gomez and Desjardins answers the bell. Bieksa controls the fight, while Desjardins throws one or two and looks to hold on. WIN Bieksa. Another sterling addition to Bieksa's fight card. No way he does that if Clowe or Murray is still in the game.

Awesome game tonight.

-Crowder

Maguire19
Total Posts: 17950
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:51 PM - Post#1503611    

I had to laugh when I saw that pop up in the box scores. Bieksa always taking on the big boys.

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18731
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:52 PM - Post#1503613    

In response to Maguire19

He is a spot picker, but I'm sure he isn't changing his game with Clowe and murray are on the ice..

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 29228
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:56 PM - Post#1503617    

In response to Matt Dillon

He would never have done that with Clowe on the ice. Bieska is the biggest spot picker in the league.

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 09:58 PM - Post#1503618    

In response to Matt Dillon

• Matt Dillon Said:
He is a spot picker, but I'm sure he isn't changing his game with Clowe and murray are on the ice..

You are high. He has avoided Clowe like the plague his entire career, declining him every single time. Clowe even called him a pussy and a spot picker in the media, and still nothing.

-Crowder

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 10:00 PM - Post#1503621    

I can't even wrap my head around the stupidity of that statement. Nobody in the league changes their game more than Bieksa depending on whose out there. Even Canucko will agree with this.

-Crowder

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15106
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 10:03 PM - Post#1503622    

SSDD with MD.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 10:37 PM - Post#1503639    

In response to Tim-

I am shocked Bieska didn't just jump Gomez after he hit him. Maybe Craig Janney will come out of retirement for Bieska to fight him? Good on Desjardins. Win Bieska against yet another top fighter.

Agnew
all star
Total Posts: 1335
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 11:18 PM - Post#1503651    

In response to Cotton

Bieksa is a spot picker but his last several fights had been against "fighters" til this one. Would it have been better idf he turned him down? Maybe, maybe not.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10280
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-27-13 11:46 PM - Post#1503657    

In response to Cotton

Bieksa does remind me of Shayne Corson when Corson was with the Oilers. Every time a very tough Canucks team came into town, he was on his best behavior, unless he got to fight Murzyn. Of course, even Corson was more than willing to fight much tougher competiton than Bieksa.

Kassian needs to work on his hand speed big time. He's still young and has a lot to learn (with the gloves on and off), but he cannot throw telegraphed lefts like that at this level. He can get away with that against pretenders like Eager. But that's about it.

I really love Volpatti's game. He throws his body around and isn't afraid of nobody. He takes on the bigger Murray, loses the fight and goes to the box smiling with a little cut under his eye. He loses the fight, but he'll be back for more.

This is one of those games you hope your team has in the regular season. Better to lose this way with 2 bonehead giveaways in their own zone when it means nothing than to save this kind of performance for the playoffs, which is exactly what the Canucks did in game 1 vs. the Kings.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16568
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 12:39 AM - Post#1503664    

In response to Canucko29

Murray looked real good in this fight and administered a pretty good beatdown on Volpatti. Volpatti did land two solid rights at the start though which Murray was shielded from by his visor. Had they hit him in the face things may have played out differently. As it were though Murray took em off the plastic unfazed and then reeled Volpatti in and put a one sided beating on him. Win Murray.

Bieksa with the cheap shot on Gomez which was dirty as fuck seeing how the puck was nowhere near them but hey, it's Gomez so it was pretty fucking funny. I love how Kevin spins around and tosses the gloves, fully prepared to defend his actions and take on any Shark who dared to take exception AFTER the only two tough Sharks had been ejected. Hopefully Clowe throws another conniption fit the next time these teams meet but directs it at Bieksa rather than the referee.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 01:35 AM - Post#1503669    

In response to Drunk_24-7

Clear win Murray who put coming shots on Volpatti as he got forced him for defensive mode but Volpatti landed one great shot of his own in middle.

Bieksa with a narrow win in decent tilt but he showed his tactical eye nearly the end, as he switched his hand to land a great shot.

Clear win Clowe who landed more and tied up most of the time his customer.
Clowe was the boss there.
He might not be most entertaining fighter but he is good technician in a fightning.
Not pure fighter, but powerforward who fights.
He is quite big guy or is he?
He is able taking tough guys in his fight card but there isnt biggest guys either.
If he isnt heavy guy from size so he dont need to fight even with biggest guys. So simple then.

Page 1 of 3 All123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
47 Online Now
1 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 45 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "James Garner passes away" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.322 seconds.   Total Queries: 346   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:21 AM