hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Quebec man gets nailed for the 17th time-DUI        (Topic#538534)
cashman rulz
legend
Total Posts: 12266
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 08:51 PM - Post#1504015    

SHERBROOKE, Que. - A Quebec man has been charged with drinking and driving for the 17th time.

Maurice Larrivee allegedly showed up this Sunday morning at a grocery store to buy a case of two dozen beers at 8:45.

The cashier allegedly warned the 69-year-old man that he appeared too drunk to drive and, along with fellow employees, tried to convince him not to get back in his car.

Larrivee allegedly ignored the request, and left.

That's when store employees called the police, in Sherbrooke, Que. The 69-year-old was arrested in the parking lot.

The last time Larrivee was charged with DUI, in 2005, he lost his licence for five years.

But his rap sheet is not the longest of its kind for drinking and driving. In 2009, another Quebec man was convicted of DUI for the 19th time.

Roger Walsh was sentenced to life in prison because he killed a woman in an alcohol-related hit and run. The judge refused a prosecution request to designate him a dangerous offender but, in handing down the life sentence, he called Walsh "incorrigible" and said he was incapable of quitting drinking.

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3110
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 09:00 PM - Post#1504021    

In response to cashman rulz

He almost had the record. Now he will cut down on drinking because he'll have to taxi his booze to his house,so he'll only buy half as much!.....but seriously, he should be jailed.

steeles21
Total Posts: 18829
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-28-13 09:18 PM - Post#1504031    

In response to tmc

Ok I know fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 17 times?
http://www.qualcomm.com/

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15135
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 09:50 PM - Post#1504055    

In response to steeles21

Well it's Quebec, so the prosecutor is probably his cousin.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-28-13 10:03 PM - Post#1504063    

In response to Tim-

Because everyone in Quebec is related? this explains a lot.

Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 12978
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-29-13 06:04 AM - Post#1504136    

In response to tmc

This happened right next to where I live (the old fuck bought his case of beer at the same supermarket I go to every Saturday). What a joke our justice system is.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-29-13 08:34 AM - Post#1504210    

In response to Pagey

You figure after 17 times he would at least have an ignition interlock on his vehicle.

Panzerrat
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8210
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-29-13 09:43 AM - Post#1504240    

In response to tmc

Yet because I have one DUI, I have a hard time getting into Canada...
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park."

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10408
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-29-13 10:15 AM - Post#1504253    

In response to Panzerrat

Back 5-6 years ago, when I was living on a reserve about an hour east of where I currently live, I ran into a man who had over 10 DUIs. He couldn't apply for his driver's license until 2054.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13873
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-29-13 11:18 PM - Post#1504650    

In response to Canucko29

Canucko or other Canadians: what are the reservations like in Canada? Here they are in very bad shape. Tons of alchohol and drug abuse and almost no jobs. I guess I always pictured the Canadian version to be better because they treat their natives better in general.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-29-13 11:41 PM - Post#1504656    

In response to haymaker36

This is a debate that would need it's own thread. There are many issues, with Government funding,and where the funds go. There are many on reserves who live in poverty, while the Chiefs drive Escalades. There are all the social problems like in any society, the accountability of funds has become a major issue outside the first nations community. Idle no more is trying to take Harpers omnibus bill to task because of environmental and first nation issues, this is a good thing because Harper is trying to ram this through. Everyone is getting central to the debate and it has become a hotpoint in every community.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10408
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 12:41 AM - Post#1504674    

• haymaker36 Said:
Canucko or other Canadians: what are the reservations like in Canada? Here they are in very bad shape. Tons of alchohol and drug abuse and almost no jobs. I guess I always pictured the Canadian version to be better because they treat their natives better in general.

You've asked a mouthful here.

Reserves up here are awful, just as bad as the US, which is not surprising since Canada adopted the reserve system from the US. Much of it started due to terrible government policies like residential schools, bans on traditional ceremonies and the creation of reserve systems. I also do believe there was a form of wilful neglect that led to many nations getting destroyed by disease.

I actually do lots of work for the Federal government as a consultant who goes from reserve to reserve, trying to help First Nations solve their own housing issues, which many publically blame on the federal government even though it's largely their own fault (i.e. not collecting rent, not hiring qualified workers and not running their financial affairs properly). I've worked for FN's in various capacities and a little in the mainstream. My experiences in working with FN's have so far turned what used to be a soft liberal hippy heart into a stone cold heartless conservative and in some ways left me feeling very dejected and unhopeful that we'll ever make a better future.

Honestly, while the reason native people are where we are is because of the federal government, the biggest reason we remain in poverty today is ourselves.

And I am not in support of Idle No More at all. A large contingent of FN's do not believe in mining or any natural resource extraction at all and expect us to join them in trashing the natural resource industry. My girlfriend works in mining. My dad worked as forester and miner all his life to help support his family. If done responsibly, I support natural resource extraction for commerce. You see, I'm not even against environmentalism in general. I'm just against irrational environmentalism which suggests that we should do no natural resource extraction, period. IMO, the majority who are driving these protests are the types who demand more money from taxpayers to solve their problems and are 100% against any form of mining or natural resource industry.

The most appauling thing that I've learned is that many lefty European groups (i.e. associated with Greenpeace and the David Suzuki Foundation) have been donating financial support to Indian land claims cases to prevent natural resource extraction for lack of consultation. I've seen it first hand.

If I was to have one person in the world talk to you about native politics, it would be Clarence Louie. I highly recommend you read what he says here if you want to learn more:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/14/chief-clar enc...

More native people need to actually listen what he has to say. Unfortunately, for every one of him, there are ten of these humps:

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/01/10/first...
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9612
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 02:06 AM - Post#1504692    

In response to tmc

• tmc Said:
He almost had the record. Now he will cut down on drinking because he'll have to taxi his booze to his house,so he'll only buy half as much!.....but seriously, he should be jailed.

I agree bec he would have caused 17 deaths with bad luck bec for driving the car by drunked.
Its asshole style for going to drive by car when u are drunked.
Bullys act more.
Very stupid!!

cashman rulz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 09:24 AM - Post#1504781    

• haymaker36 Said:

Put it this way maker,i get nailed it's gonna cost me 20,000 to drive again after a year, drive to sudbury and tell someone why i should be able to drive again then they put a blower in my truck(i pay for it) that i gotta blow in everytime i go to start it and they red sticker your plates,just not worth it.

Edited by cashman rulz on 01-30-13 09:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 12:10 PM - Post#1504871    

In response to Canucko29

Thanks for the links and info, Canucko and tmc.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

haymaker36
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 12:12 PM - Post#1504872    

In response to cashman rulz

• cashman rulz Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

Put it this way maker,i get nailed it's gonna cost me 20,000 to drive again after a year, drive to sudbury and tell someone why i should be able to drive again then they put a blower in my truck(i pay for it) that i gotta blow in everytime i go to start it and they red sticker your plates,just not worth it.

20 grand for a DUI?!? GOT-DAMN that's a lot of money!

-Crowder

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8824
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 04:43 PM - Post#1504995    

The guy is obviously a fucktard. Lock him up and throw way the key so he doesn't kill someone.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-30-13 07:50 PM - Post#1505055    

In response to taz

Just to clarify, I do not support Idle no more, but the awareness it has brought to the Harper governments attempted change to our environmental laws is good. I believe our resources should be harvested with the environment in mind, but when you have guys like David Suzuki burning jet fuel to various areas of the planet campaigning against any and all development of these resources it makes me want to puke. Canucko, you sir have hit the nail on the head in your post stating the reason we remain in poverty is ourselves. It is a struggle for me to survive in the valley with the cost of living, high taxes etc.,when government funds go to reserves and are not accounted for, and the truth comes out that a Chief is making 250k a year tax free,while her people live in moldy shitholes of homes, this boils my bunny. No politician in this country has the nuts to say first nations "MUST" be accountable for their funds, they pussyfoot around this issue not wanting to rock the boat. I feel like last nation.

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 11803
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-31-13 12:16 PM - Post#1505212    

In response to tmc

I have a few buddies that lost their licence for 3 years for just 1 DUI.

I'm on a first name basis with the taxi's around here, just isn't worth it.

$10 or lose your ride? Tough call.
#1 - Brian McGrattan (Champ)
#2 - Jay Rosehill
#3 - Luke Gazdic

Fighter of the Year - McGrattan
Rookie of the Year - Gazdic
Fight of the Year - Lucic vs Rechlicz

cashman rulz
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-31-13 12:25 PM - Post#1505213    

In response to Brawls16

So the mto nailed him with 2 extra years wow,good for them!

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
59 Online Now
5 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 53 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Citizens United vote " with 39 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.308 seconds.   Total Queries: 346   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:29 PM