hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Vancouver vs Dallas 2/21/13        (Topic#538924)
Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24454
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-13 09:29 PM - Post#1513368    

Kassian vs. Rousel http://www.hockey-fights.com/fightlog/details.php?...

Nice fight but Kassian takes over for the win. He doesn't have the punching power, but he kind of reminds me of a young Darren McCarty.

FreezingTexan
legend
Total Posts: 12107
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-13 09:54 PM - Post#1513377    

In response to Mike

Until Roussell got his sweater pulled over his head I woulda called it a draw.
Germany, it's like Wisconsin only with a really bad past.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10331
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-13 10:17 PM - Post#1513386    

In response to FreezingTexan

Win Kassian.

Mike: I actually think Kassian's power is the most impressive thing about him. He's injured two guys in separate fights already. His biggest flaw is his balance and his technical fighting skills as he sometimes leaves himself open to take some very flush punches... but if he is a young Darren McCarty, that is very good news!!!
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 18737
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-13 11:45 PM - Post#1513420    

In response to Canucko29

Anyone notice the bitch move by Roussel beginning of the fight? Looked like Kassian was going to remove his helmet and Rouusel jumped in on him.

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16591
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-13 11:47 PM - Post#1513422    

In response to Canucko29

Only thing that saved Roussell here was his visor. Kassian was pissed two because he stepped back and started to undo his hin strap to take off his own helmet, no doubt expecting Roussell with a visor on to do the same but Roussell rushed him and landed a couple early on him but then Kassian took over and beat him down for the clear win, just do any damage with the shield protecting Roussell. Win Kassian.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

juha82
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9578
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 01:53 AM - Post#1513441    

In response to Drunk_24-7

He reminds me of MCCarty too but not as good as him.
Clear win Kassian, let free their hands and going for unloading big shots at the same time.
Putting all focus to offensive going.
One punch which stunned, off balanced Roussell and after that he got pounded clearly as his jersey was over his head too.
Great scrap.

Peatycap
Total Posts: 28284
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 06:45 AM - Post#1513468    

In response to juha82

Win Kassian there. What a nice scrap by Rousel though. Went for the toe-to-toe action and surprised Kassian. But once Kassian got mad, it was all over. Similar to Grossman surprising Parros last night then Parros getting a little mad and coming back for the win.

cementhead
captain
Total Posts: 855
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-22-13 08:38 AM - Post#1513542    

In response to Peatycap

good tussel but take that fucking lid off roussell...he jumped kassian and paid with some well-delivered anger...win kassian.
Profanity is a crutch of the ignorant motherfucker.

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 08:40 AM - Post#1513544    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
Win Kassian.

Mike: I actually think Kassian's power is the most impressive thing about him. He's injured two guys in separate fights already. His biggest flaw is his balance and his technical fighting skills as he sometimes leaves himself open to take some very flush punches... but if he is a young Darren McCarty, that is very good news!!!

I am not saying he's a pillow puncher. But McCarty could really hit in his early days. Kassian doesnt have anywhere near that kind of power.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 11:02 AM - Post#1513608    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:
Win Kassian.

I am not saying he's a pillow puncher. But McCarty could really hit in his early days. Kassian doesnt have anywhere near that kind of power.

I didn't realize McCarty had major power, actually... I always considered his power average, but his spunk to be well above the mean. I always liked McCarty when he first came up with the Wings, but lost interest once he deviated from his strengths to become more of a hockey player. But, yeah, I think of Kassian as a poor man's Chris Simon with the gloves off (i.e. not quite as powerful or as good, but similar styles, same flaws and same stature).

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 11:08 AM - Post#1513611    

In response to Canucko29

I am not a big McCarty fan but go re-watch some of his earlier fights. He had real good power in that left hand. Of course there was this:

and granted, this is Cam Russell and all, but still impressive:

he basically did the same thing to Brad Miller the year before he came up to the NHL, at a time when Miller was considered a good fighter.

And I dont want to shit on Kassian, because I like the guy, but look at the type of guys he is fighting in the NHL compared to the types McCarty was fighting when he first came up. Kassian just got worked by Clowe and that would not have happened to McCarty.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 11:31 AM - Post#1513618    

In response to Mike

Yeah, I think Kassian is also hurt by the lack of competition in general, even coming up through juniors. Overall, this generation of fighters just doesn't have the same level as talent as the one before it (obviously).

Hopefully Kassian gets better, but I'm glad to have someone like him on my team going forward regardless.

Edited by Canucko29 on 02-22-13 11:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 13823
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 11:57 AM - Post#1513631    

In response to Canucko29

Real tough by Roussel leaving that visor on. What an asshole. Win Kassian.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Agnew
all star
Total Posts: 1336
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 03:20 PM - Post#1513715    

In response to haymaker36

I was listening to the radio this afternoon and an analyst was saying he heard that Roussel had some sort of tape on his helmet strap, which upset Kassian. I didn't notice this, just passing it along.

Raisy
veteran
Total Posts: 268
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-22-13 08:56 PM - Post#1513821    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
Yeah, I think Kassian is also hurt by the lack of competition in general, even coming up through juniors. Overall, this generation of fighters just doesn't have the same level as talent as the one before it (obviously).

Hopefully Kassian gets better, but I'm glad to have someone like him on my team going forward regardless.

Kassian has always been overrated as a fighter, his real draw is that he is pretty tough for a guy with skill. He came though the OHL during a period when the league had pretty tough guys (Neuber, Peluso, Gazdic, Greenop, Young, Fletcher, Jenner, McDermid, Stevens, Devane), but only went with a couple of them. His hype went through the roof when he came to Windsor and Boughner and Rychel compared him to Probert.

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15118
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-23-13 12:57 AM - Post#1513869    

In response to Raisy

Didn't Kassian smash Eager's face?
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13620
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-23-13 07:51 AM - Post#1513898    

In response to Tim-

Mike- in my opinion McCarty was more of a strong, energetic toughie almost like a Vial ( although Id take a prime Vial on my team over McCarty, to be honest). I'm not disagreeing about his power, because its a hard to thing to evaluate unless he has a lot of TKO's to his name- I think that Tinordi fight was more positioning that sent Mark to the ice, and Russell was just out of his class in that fight, as he was many times in the early 90's- but Cam didnt care, hed go a million more times with the same guy.

Regarding this fight- screw Rousel and his pussy antics. Kasian got old school pissed off and was ready to kill him.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Mike
Administrator
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-23-13 08:16 AM - Post#1513901    

In response to johnz

Johnz- it wasn't positioning that sent Tinordi to the ice. It was McCarty's left hand. Tinordi got a concussion as a result and missed playing time. I remember reading abut this fight in the hockey news where Tinordi's coach or teammates were yelling at him not to fight because he had already suffered a concussion and just came back, and sure enough, he got dropped, suffered another concussion and was out for a while.

ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 3890
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-23-13 08:35 AM - Post#1513903    

In response to Mike

Mike is right, Tinordi was only a couple games back from a concussion, then got tagged and got another one:
  • Quote:

DETROIT (AP) _ The Detroit Red Wings already have their penalty-killing unit running on a record-setting pace. Now, coach Scotty Bowman wants to get their power play going just as well.
Detroit took a step in that direction Thursday night, scoring three times in four man-advantage chances and beating the Washington Capitals 4-3.
``We threw the puck at the net, and that is what you have to do,'' Bowman said. ``We got a couple goals that weren't anything but firing the puck at the net. You do that enough, some will go in.''
``Scotty has really been on us to work on the power play,'' said Keith Primeau, who had a goal and an assist. ``In the last few games, it has really been productive.''
The victory, Detroit's eighth straight at Joe Louis Arena, moved the Red Wings to 9-1-1 in their past 11 games. Washington saw its unbeaten streak end at six games.
``We just didn't play a very smart game,'' Capitals coach Jim Schoenfeld said. ``We must have turned the puck over 20 times at their blue line, and you can't do that against a team that can counterattack like this one. We played right into their hands.''
The Capitals did mount a third-period comeback, but without defenseman Mark Tinordi. He had missed three games with a concussion before Thursday night but got drawn into a fight with Darren McCarty.
One punch later, Tinordi was back on the shelf with a suspected second concussion.
``That wasn't the brightest thing I have ever done,'' Tinordi said. ``I should have known better to fight tonight, or even for the next few games.''
Schoenfeld agreed, but couldn't really blame Tinordi.
``Mark's a brave hockey player, and it is hard to put that on the shelf,'' Schoenfeld said. ``We don't think there is cause for alarm, but with two concussions this close together, we are going to be very careful and get him checked out.''
Even though he landed the only punch of the fight, McCarty also missed the rest of the game.
``I think I cut my hand on his teeth,'' McCarty said after taking between 15 and 20 stitches. ``I didn't mean to give him a concussion.''

And another one:
  • Quote:

With his Washington Capitals teammates yelling "No, no, Mark, don't do it," Mark Tinordi squared off for a fight in his first game back from a concussion. Tinordi was dropped on one punch by Detroit Red Wings tough guy Darren McCarty and likely suffered another concussion. It was uncertain tonight how long he would be out of the lineup.

He ended up missing over a month I believe.
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13620
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-23-13 09:32 AM - Post#1513917    

In response to ILB

My wrongness! I didnt know about the concussion, and the aftermath. I've seen the fight before, but never knew about the damage...Thanks!
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
52 Online Now
4 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 48 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "How many women have you gotten pregnant?" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.339 seconds.   Total Queries: 350   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 09:22 PM