hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Kamloops at Vancouver, 2/22/13        (Topic#538941)
ILB
superstar
Total Posts: 4012
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-22-13 11:05 PM - Post#1513840    

Joel Edmundson vs Mason Geertsen :

Fight starts when the Giants are down by 3 goals and Geertsen is trying to spark his club. Geertsen hits big Edmundson along the boards and wants to fight, but Edmundson isn't interested. Finally to force the issue, Geertsen drops the gloves and cocks his arm back and Edmundson feigns disinterest but tosses his gloves quickly and lands a nice right to the chin. They grapple a bit and both guys try short rights and Geertsen knocks off Edmundson's helmet with a nice punch. Both guys land quick rights at the same time, then Geertsen lands a beauty right. Edmundson answers with a big right uppercut that looked to miss and followed up with a solid right. Then both guys connect with rights at the same time! Both guys tie up at this point and wrestle briefly. Edmundson then tries a right that misses and Geertsen lands a top notch left. Great punch. Geertsen tries for another round house left that hits shoulder pad and Edmundson goes to the ice from momentum. Geertsen lands a weak left as Edmundson is getting up and Edmundson lands a solid short right. What a battle we have going on here! Edmundson grabs on to Geertsen when's he's up and holds on, landing one weak uppercut before the zebras come in... Great fight, great heart from Edmundson who took some solid shots and kept coming. Win Geertsen.
"The Hand is fine, I got a shot of chromosome yesterday."

John Kordic on the status of his hand.

Edited by i like boobs on 02-22-13 11:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-22-13 11:42 PM - Post#1513855    

In response to ILB

With the score 5-0, things start to get chippy and the Vancouver defenseman, Vannieuwenhuizen just levels JC Lipon head first into the boards on a race for the puck. From Behind. Just one of the most vicious and malicious hits I've ever seen. I thought we were going to see Lipon on a stretcher. Of course everyone comes in and it looks like a linebrawl will start but the new official avoid any fight refs break most of it all up. Except Lipon pulls an old school Undertaker move and went after the closet guy to him which was Blake Orban.

Orban vs Lipon:

Lipon is clearly raging mad and attacks Orban with the referee on his back! Orban throws a couple of ugly rights and one decent left and Lipon slips on a stick on the ice but gets up quickly. Orban tries two more rights then Lipon goes to work and looks to land 4 solid lefts, then puts him in a headlock and lands a few weak rights. A ref and a linesmen jump in to end the fight. Poor Lipon after nearly being put through the boards head first gets an Instigator! Officials blew that call IMO, and stopped a brawl.

Vannieuwenhuizen got 5 and a game for boarding. He'll be sitting a few games.

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-23-13 12:00 AM - Post#1513859    

In response to ILB

Arvin Atwal vs Aaron Macklin:

Fight starts away from the play and as the cameras get there, they are squared off and circling each other. Macklin throws a huge right to start that misses and another that misses but puts Atwal off balance and Atwal buries his head in Macklin's chest. Finally Atwal shakes loose and free and starts throwing rights, throwing 5 rights and landing two good shots, knocking Macklin's helmet off in the process. Macklin answers with a decent right that lands but is off balance and Atwal counter punches and lands two big rights and missing with a couple. As Macklin leans away from the onslaught he gets tagged with another big right. Macklin tries to answer with a right but it's blocked and then Atwal gets him bent over swimming a bit as the jersey rides up, Atwal lands two big uppercuts before the linesmen intercepts a third. Win Atwal.

ILB
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

02-23-13 12:32 AM - Post#1513866    

In response to ILB

Late in the third period, JC Lipon lined up Vickerman for a big hit, but Vickerman avoided it and their legs got tangled up a bit. Jackson Houck takes exception and goes after Lipon along the boards and everyone is coming in! Blake Orban goes after Lipon as well but since he can't get there, grabs the closest guy who happens to be Dylan Willick and throws off his gloves and throws 5 rights, 4 of which seem to land on Willick. Willick is trying to avoid Orbans punches (still has his gloves on), and slips to the ice. Orban wasn't stopping though so Joel Edmunson jumps in at the same time a zebra got there. Edmundson fired his gloves off and tied up Orban's arms... He laid off tuning Orban but could have.

Lipon and Houck:

Mostly just wrestling along the boards. They really only grapple. They seemed to watch the other action before wrestling again. Lipon eventually dumps Houck and lands a left to the top of the head as a fuck you more than anything. Nothing much there.

Once again the officials prevented a brawl. Not impressed.

Most86Hated
regular
Total Posts: 125
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-23-13 07:05 PM - Post#1514173    

In response to ILB

damn, this game was on nhl network when i woke up this morning, wish i would have watched it

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10623
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-24-13 11:45 AM - Post#1514371    

In response to Most86Hated

I've been to a few Blazers games this year. It's a wonder they are a top team in the CHL. They have maybe 2 guys who have a legit shot at making the NHL and a lot of guys who will probably never play a game outside exhibition play. The two guys who have a shot are Bozon (3rd round pick) and Edmundson (2nd round pick). Bozon needs to improve his defensive play. Edmundson might have the best shot for what he brings. He likes to hit, fight and he's a big boy. He's the one guy I pay attention to while watching Blazer games.
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
50 Online Now
8 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 41 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "We got ourselves another vote off!!!" with 88 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.124 seconds.   Total Queries: 129   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 05:47 PM