hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Anaheim vs Los Angeles 2/25/13        (Topic#538979)
Huard28
Total Posts: 30158
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 10:38 PM - Post#1514857    

FIGHT!

S.Souray ANA vs J.Nolan LAK

They stick each other a few times and decide to go. Spirited bout,Souray starts off decent with a couple shots, and knocks Nolan's helmet off. Nolan then gets left free and starts firing away some so-so punches and has Souray in trouble but isn't really landing but it looks good. Souray then comes up and drops Nolan with a left of his own. Tough fight to call on first glance. If Souray landed last punch then he gets the W. If not, probably Draw.

EDIT: Seeing again, it appears Souray didn't land at the end and his early uppercut wasn't as good as I thought and I think only hit helmet causing it to pop off. Nolan was in control firing lefts otherwise so will make my call WIN NOLAN.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Edited by Huard28 on 02-25-13 10:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7329
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 10:41 PM - Post#1514858    

In response to Huard28

Souray - Nolan

Souray opens up with a a couple of shots, but Nolan weathers them, throws a couple of right shoulders and starts landing some big lefts. Several straight shots and upper cuts. Somehow, Souray seems to absorb them and gets 1-2 shots in but the Nolan has a great fight.

Nice win for Nolan
"This ends tonight!"
"It's daytime you douche."

Edited by mtnbiker on 02-25-13 10:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3161
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 10:42 PM - Post#1514860    

In response to Huard28

Nolan with the win. Watching it live didn't look like anything but a slip took Nolan down. Souray with the douche move at the end hitting Nolan while the refs were on top of them. He was pissed because the kid kicked his ass.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Drunk_24-7
legend
Total Posts: 16694
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:08 PM - Post#1514866    

In response to licoricebiscuit

Good scrap. Souray landed a couple of beauties out of the gate but instead of panicing and bailing out when he lost the lid like so many of todays pretenders, Nolan kicked it into high gear and took over the fight landin lefts and rights, uppercuts and a little of everything basically unanswered in the middle to late stages. Souray finally gets free and he's pissed, throws a wild haymaker at Nolan that misses but he ragdolls him off balace and to the ice where he lands the final punch on a downed Nolan but it was too little to late. Nolan weathered the first couple and then dominated to the end untol he slipped. Souray was never hurt or out of the fight but he was clearly out pointed. He put the late comeback attempt all into the one hail mary attempt and when he missed it the momentum ended the fight without giving himself a further opportunity to turn things around and with Nolan stll far enough ahead on the scorecards to secure the clear victory between a couple of heavyweights in stature who are hockey players first but can handle their business when the mood strikes. Loved the tit for tat slash exchange that led to a good spur of the moment tilt. Nolan should have shed the visor though. Thankfully it came off early and didn't seem to impact the outcome significantly, although if the punch that knocked off landed flush, it may have made it a different fight. Regardless, Nolan didn't panic, stood in the pocket and took over the fight from the very moment it looked like he may have been in trouble. Excellent fight. Win Nolan.
"To be honest, even though he lost, Hendricks did a better job of enforcing than most heavyweight enforcers do." - Peatycap

Not only is the NHL totally fucked it's fans are out to lunch now as well

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:09 PM - Post#1514867    

In response to Drunk_24-7

• Drunk_24-7 Said:
Good scrap. Souray landed a couple of beauties out of the gate but instead of panicing and bailing out when he lost the lid like so many of todays pretenders, Nolan kicked it into high gear and took over the fight landin lefts and rights, uppercuts and a little of everything basically unanswered in the middle to late stages. Souray finally gets free and he's pissed, throws a wild haymaker at Nolan that misses but he ragdolls him off balace and to the ice where he lands the final punch on a downed Nolan but it was too little to late. Nolan weathered the first couple and then dominated to the end untol he slipped. Souray was never hurt or out of the fight but he was clearly out pointed. He put the late comeback attempt all into the one hail mary attempt and when he missed it the momentum ended the fight without giving himself a further opportunity to turn things around and with Nolan stll far enough ahead on the scorecards to secure the clear victory between a couple of heavyweights in stature who are hockey players first but can handle their business when the mood strikes. Loved the tit for tat slash exchange that led to a good spur of the moment tilt. Nolan should have shed the visor though. Thankfully it came off early and didn't seem to impact the outcome significantly, although if the punch that knocked off landed flush, it may have made it a different fight. Regardless, Nolan didn't panic, stood in the pocket and took over the fight from the very moment it looked like he may have been in trouble. Excellent fight. Win Nolan.

Great description Drunk. Right on the mark.
"This ends tonight!"

Tim-
legend
Total Posts: 15137
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:16 PM - Post#1514868    

In response to mtnbiker

Is anyone else really happy to see Souray fighting? I'm a huge fan of his and I'm still bitter that we acquired him and kept him in the minors. I would've loved to see him on the Caps. He's still got a great shot, he fights for his teammates, and he hits a lot.

Beatdown win for Nolan. A lot of those punches landed.
"It is not our fault that the world is bad, and we do not want to die changing it. We want to live- that is all."

-Tadeusz Borowski

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:31 PM - Post#1514871    

In response to Tim-

Nolan is a bad motherfucker, I am telling you!

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 10503
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:52 PM - Post#1514874    

In response to PuckRogue

Wow. A couple of native guys fighting. Been a long time since I seen that! Right on!
-Sedin Playoff Series Wins: 6
-Minnesota Mild Series Wins: 3

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-13 11:58 PM - Post#1514875    

In response to PuckRogue

Souray was hit with the puck on the right eye, and while he was being attended to by the trainer on the bench he had a cut across his nose and a couple on the forehead. Was that from the fight or did he sustain those in yesterday's game? There was was no doubt about the cut on the right eyebrow from the puck, but it looks as if there was some damage from the Nolan scrap.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Johnny Utah
all star
Total Posts: 2232
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 12:07 AM - Post#1514877    

Wow my boy Nolan impresses again. Two of my favorites goin at it. Nolan is looking very good this year.

mtnbiker
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 12:13 AM - Post#1514878    

In response to Johnny Utah

Nolan has been impressive. I'm happy to see Souray on the Ducks' roster especially since we needed another big guy that can play with an edge. He's looked pretty good on D this year as opposed to Allen who's been a disaster. Tonight it was LA winning the battles, the game, and Nolan with a compelling victory showing that LA was there to win in all categories.
"This ends tonight!"

Mike
Administrator
Total Posts: 24458
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 07:14 AM - Post#1514891    

In response to mtnbiker

win Nolan as he was really dominating that fight with the lefts. I couldnt tell if the last punch by Souray landed or if Nolan just lost his balance. Either way, I give it Nolan.

Good to see Souray fighting again. He was always a very underrated fighter.

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 08:31 AM - Post#1514904    

In response to Mike

• Mike Said:
win Nolan as he was really dominating that fight with the lefts. I couldnt tell if the last punch by Souray landed or if Nolan just lost his balance. Either way, I give it Nolan.

Good to see Souray fighting again. He was always a very underrated fighter.

I agree Mike. Souray can be dangerous. Many things can happen or not happen to change the outcome of a fight we all know that, and this fight changed when Souray lost his hold on Nolan. Souray won't forget this, and I'm sure he will be looking for Nolan again April 7th.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 09:04 AM - Post#1514917    

Not a very articulate on my last post, but hopefully my point came across
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

ROBBIE
superstar
Total Posts: 2673
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 09:38 AM - Post#1514935    

Nolan vs Souray and Thornton vs Benn two great fights by guys that dont go to often
"That's right... I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time, or another. And, I'm here to kill you, little Bill. For what you did to Ned."

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1159
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 11:05 AM - Post#1514967    

In response to PuckRogue

Not only did Nolan get a nice win, but that scrap lit a spark in the Kings who scored a goal a few seconds later, and went on to dominate the Ducks in the back half of the game. Darryl Sutter said after the game: "I think Jordan Nolan’s fight gave us a little energy . . . "

I'm not sure what Nolan worked on over the summer, but to me he seems better balanced and more in control during his fights so far this season. Given his wide open throwing style though, I still think he risks getting drilled hard by an experienced fighter.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 31642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-26-13 12:57 PM - Post#1515000    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

Chi,

It seems to me that Nolan is just more confident in everything he's doing, including the scraps.

-PR
Bee-dee Bee-dee Bee-dee

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
69 Online Now
4 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 65 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Stage 1 - Round 5 - Who makes the Top 50?" with 40 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2014 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.279 seconds.   Total Queries: 302   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:34 PM