hockey-fights.com
Article by Cotton    (10-16-15 01:00 AM)

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/10/15/954799 3/jam...

Pretty much expect to see more of this kind of stuff as the game drifts away from the game we once loved.

Username Comments
Peatycap
Total Posts: 29996
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-16-15 07:27 AM - Post#1650069    

In response to Cotton

When I look at the yellow site these days, it's always refreshing to see "cheap," "rough," "hit," "scrum" without fights.

DaveRichterfan
all star
Total Posts: 2192
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-16-15 09:43 AM - Post#1650097    

In response to Peatycap

Exhibit 1 on what happens when you don't have guys who are experienced enforcers. Tampa has nothing so they have to resort to this kind of behavior to retaliate. Far more dangerous and will probably cost the Tampa player some money and possibly a suspension. That is type of hit that gets a guy paralyzed. As opposed to having two guys duke it out, maybe get a couple of bruises, head to the box for five minutes and the game goes on with much happier fans and more importantly one less injured player.
Where's the money Lebowski?

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9662
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-16-15 12:45 PM - Post#1650123    

In response to DaveRichterfan

Seems to me that all of that has happened since the beginning of time. There have always been scrums, cheap stuff, roughing, etc. with or without fighting. Some of the worst cheap shots happened in the prime fighting era.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Edited by taz on 10-16-15 12:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11818
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-16-15 07:36 PM - Post#1650156    

In response to taz

Why is it just the NHL's fault?..Isn't fighting down at every level of hockey?It's not like 25 years ago where guys were fighting in junior to possibly get drafted as an enforcer.Watch football over the next 10-15 years.We will see a drop in numbers because more and more parents are making the decision to not let their boys play as more info becomes available on brain injuries.

Junior hockey is much more competitive now and the influx of more Euro's over the last 20 years an has changed the game just as much as the NHL being determined to eliminate fighting,imo.....
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Edited by Baldridge on 10-16-15 07:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27914
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-15 11:30 PM - Post#1650229    

In response to Baldridge

Can't you fucks let me have this? Seriously?
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13424
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-15 11:50 PM - Post#1650290    

In response to taz

• taz Said:
Seems to me that all of that has happened since the beginning of time. There have always been scrums, cheap stuff, roughing, etc. with or without fighting. Some of the worst cheap shots happened in the prime fighting era.

Not on star players you didn't.

shmeegs
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6557
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-19-15 06:10 AM - Post#1650304    

In response to Canucko29

You might have done it on a star but a response was in order at that point. Look at what happened when a teams toughness was considered weak, they brought in toughness. When stars started getting beat up, they signed or traded for enforcers. They added grit. When toughness is concerned now, they just assume that their power play is their equalizer. When the power play isn't useful, the league can still "enforce". There is no necessity to have toughness anymore. All teams and all leagues are at fault now. Fighting is not the only drop of toughness in the game. Every hit is now criticized. I don't have the stats to back it up but stick play is worse now than ever. Stars use their sticks on other players just as much as they do on the stars. The physical nature of the game has changed.
I may be dumb, but I'm an impeccable judge of character. And I have impeccable character. - Johnz

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17151
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-20-15 12:52 PM - Post#1650443    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
Why is it just the NHL's fault?..Isn't fighting down at every level of hockey?It's not like 25 years ago where guys were fighting in junior to possibly get drafted as an enforcer.Watch football over the next 10-15 years.We will see a drop in numbers because more and more parents are making the decision to not let their boys play as more info becomes available on brain injuries.

Junior hockey is much more competitive now and the influx of more Euro's over the last 20 years an has changed the game just as much as the NHL being determined to eliminate fighting,imo.....

It's the NHL's fault because of the trickle down effect. You want to make the bigs? Turtle and turn the other cheek like a wuss and let the refs sort it out. Your coach will be proud.
"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Vile79
superstar
Total Posts: 3512
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-24-15 07:35 PM - Post#1650825    

In response to Fotiu

Just look at the stat sheet of the junior leagues. Boarding, Checking to the head, Cross check, Kneeing majors all over the place.
Sickening the hockey ethos has died.

I is sad!
Life is a joke. "God,is the Asylum of Ignorance."
My Gameworn Collection .
FREE TREVOR GILLIES

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7696
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-25-15 08:15 PM - Post#1650854    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
  • taz Said:

Not on star players you didn't.

Indeed. But if you do it to a star player now, you'll get a 10 game suspension. So who needs enforcers

I attended the Sens-Habs recently and it was like experiencing a pick-up game at the local outdoor rink.

shmeegs
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6557
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-28-15 08:22 PM - Post#1651057    

In response to Beagle

We have said this before, the league is now used as the enforcer. It's the ultimate enforcer. The teams don't have to carry a guy who needs to fight, they can keep just some Euro on the team. They get power plays because the stars all cry now. And there is no bad publicity when some tough guy "goes nuts" and defends a teammate.
I may be dumb, but I'm an impeccable judge of character. And I have impeccable character. - Johnz

steeles21
Total Posts: 19344
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-29-15 09:21 PM - Post#1651116    

In response to shmeegs

I didn't think the Nesterov was that dirty. It certainly wasn't premeditated or a retaliatory hit, imo.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34296
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-25-17 08:52 PM - Post#1694135    

In response to irscarpinonumbe

Haha who's this fuckin asshole ?

Maloney ?

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20993
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-28-17 09:36 AM - Post#1694327    

In response to steeles21

• steeles21 Said:
I didn't think the Nesterov was that dirty. It certainly wasn't premeditated or a retaliatory hit, imo.

I watched it a half dozen times and I agree, it didn't look that bad.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
44 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 44 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is ""Past Presidents Never Called Families"" with 36 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.281 seconds.   Total Queries: 279   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:16 AM