hockey-fights.com
Article by Twist 'n Belak    (12-07-16 10:44 AM)

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/john-scott-retire...

It has been a hell of a ride. But I’m done. I am officially retired, as of today.

I scored five goals. I had four kids. And I had one hell of a good time over the years. By my count, I only had 43 fights in the NHL. I only really lost one clean, in my humble opinion. Congratulations, Justin Johnson. You caught me with the left hook. What can I say? Good job.

Can I just make a final confession, though? I don’t care what people remember about me as a hockey player, but please remember this one thing: I didn’t love to fight. The actual 30 seconds of fighting was fine. Your adrenaline takes over and the competition of battling at such a high level is actually enjoyable. The problem is all the anticipation of having to drop the gloves with another very skilled individual who can hurt you. The waiting is what drives you crazy. It’s not very easy on your psyche, especially once you have a family.

Yes, I do think fighting has a place in the game, and that enforcers keep some of the bullshit in check and the stars safe from serious injury (just ask Johnny Gaudreau right now).

Username Comments
haymaker36
Total Posts: 15893
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-07-16 01:57 PM - Post#1687810    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

Great article. Never thought I'd have said this 10 years ago but Scott will be missed!
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Knuckles2
all star
Total Posts: 1236
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-08-16 09:33 AM - Post#1687861    

In response to haymaker36

Good read. Scott handled himself with class and dignity thru the whole all-star game debacle, unlike the media hacks like Cox.

licoricebiscuit
superstar
Total Posts: 3371
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-11-16 11:01 AM - Post#1688038    

In response to Knuckles2

cool read. The guy is very forthright.
Potius Mori Quam Foedari

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
44 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 44 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is ""Past Presidents Never Called Families"" with 36 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 105   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:17 AM