hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Alien: Covenant (INCLUDES SPOILERS)        (Topic#548471)
Pagey
legend
Total Posts: 14254
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-29-17 03:53 PM - Post#1699906    

In response to PuckRogue

http://theplaylist.net/ridley-scott-says-nei ll-blo...

So, again, Fox is fucking real Alien fans over.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Pagey
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-29-17 04:01 PM - Post#1699907    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

• KyleFreadrich43 Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
Yeah, I am disappointed to hear that they didn't really tie up a lot of the loose ends. Though, I heard that they did explain how the aliens were engineered.

-PR

Not in depth enough for me though.

That part made no sense at all, especially following what was revealed previously in Prometheus... Maybe we could start a "spoilers" thread to discuss?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36557
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-30-17 02:46 PM - Post#1699929    

In response to Pagey

Edited.

-PR

Pagey
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-30-17 05:04 PM - Post#1699935    

In response to PuckRogue

Remember the murals in Prometheus?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36557
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-30-17 09:37 PM - Post#1699946    

In response to Pagey

Yes...

-PR

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 14482
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-02-17 04:44 AM - Post#1700116    

In response to PuckRogue

I saw it last night. Overall I think it's a very good movie.

The problem is there are so many loose ends that need to be explained. We still don't know who the engineers are. In Prometheus, an engineer swallowed the black goo, then died, then fell into the river and life began on Earth. But why did they want to kill everyone? How can the black goo start life, but then it kill everyone else or mutate people into aliens or whatever? David supposedly created the aliens, but he really didn't because one came out of the engineer's body at the end of Prometheus. How could the black goo make the all the engineers in the city look like sculptures when it mutates everyone else?

The whole story line about David was well done, and my favorite part of the movie. Very clever.

All of these loose ends can be answered eventually, but I have very little faith Ridley Scott will do it. I'm looking forward to the next movie.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

KyleFreadrich43
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7782
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

06-02-17 08:31 AM - Post#1700129    

In response to DoubleJ

By itself, it's a great movie.

In the ALIEN context, it causes more issues than it explains.

If you go on YouTube, there are quite a few videos that describe deleted scenes, and things missing from the book, that would help clear up some of the horseshit surrounding this movie.

One being mentioned that the Engineers did begin the creation of the Aliens, but that David did the work to perfect it.

But when Awakening comes out, it's supposed to connect Prometheus and Covenant. Which means there has to be yet another to connect Covenant to Alien.

I'm going to watch it again this weekend and see if it seems different the second time.
"I don't want to call him scared, but Worrell always seemed to avoid me." -Kyle Freadrich

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10390
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-03-17 11:30 AM - Post#1700176    

In response to KyleFreadrich43

Sums it up for me:

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-03-17 11:37 AM - Post#1700177    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

Spoiler, this is the ENTIRE engineer scene from Alien FAIL:

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-05-17 09:39 PM - Post#1701751    

Man I hope the new predators delivers, after this toilet drop, and HORRIBLE box office, need a pickup.

Hannibal
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9837
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-14-17 01:12 PM - Post#1701976    

Saw this a while back so my apologies if my recall isn't 100% spot on.

I personally thought it was a joke of a movie. Was not impressed at all and had extremely high hopes. I think it was simply a money grab leaving the real fans out of consideration.

The movie was loaded with dumb decision after dumb decision that any normal person wouldn't make. "Let's plan a space mission to go to this planet." "Oh wait, this one looks similar enough - let's go there instead.'

Or how about "This is a cool planet, let's take off all of our protective gear and walk around in this new atmosphere without any consideration for what's out here."

Or even better "Man, everyone who walks away from our huddle doesn't come back - let me break away from the group and take a peek myself."

It was stupid decisions coupled with obvious events galore. Who didn't see the two droids opposing one another and the switchero at the end?

As was said above, the alien attack in the shower was right out of a mid-80's horror movie. The flashbacks left much on the table in an attempt to fill plot.

Even the ending had me pissed. The whole battle scene (ala Ripley in Aliens) with the alien and the chick in the storage lot was predictable. So much so that when it ended, I thought it was to set the stage for the REAL battle/ending. Nope. When the fast forward to the whole "going to space sleep" scene, I looked at my watch to see things were going and realized time was up and that WAS the ending. BS.

Was a waste of a movie ticket and my time. I did get to hang with Peaty and Pops along with my uncle and cousin (guys night out) so I did get to enjoy some beer in wings. Thankfully that aspect saved the night for me.

Oh, and we did pass along internet pics of Katlhleen Waterson from some of her ealier movies. That chick was hot in that Babaysitter movie!
Barney who?

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
73 Online Now
2 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 71 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.187 seconds.   Total Queries: 207   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 11:26 AM