hockey-fights.com
Username Post: I feel for Flyers fans...        (Topic#548735)
Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6162
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-16-17 08:58 PM - Post#1693484    

The team is a shell of its former self, and it's only getting worse this year. First, last night, Nick Cousins gets a tap from Alex Chiasson and acts like he'd been shot, even looking at the ref to make sure the ref sees. Now tonight, Brandon Manning has turned down Kassian and just got an embellishment call for going down from a weak slash by Lucic. Last game against the Oilers, he turned down McDavid multiple times. Last year, Manning injured McDavid with an awkward hit and the Oilers have been trying to get him to answer this year.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6162
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-16-17 09:50 PM - Post#1693490    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

Maroon finally forces Manning to fight.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36108
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-16-17 10:48 PM - Post#1693492    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

The Flyers best player is their only fighter. Yikes.

-PR

Gumper31
superstar
Total Posts: 2919
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-17-17 06:45 AM - Post#1693498    

In response to PuckRogue

Twist n Belak: agree with some of what you're saying. The team is painful to watch anymore and if I were Hextall, I'd listen to any offer for just about any player come the trade deadline. The flopping shit is just that, shit! Did Manning go down easy on the slash, possibly.

As far as your comment of "turning down McDavid multiple time in the first meeting" I wouldn't say he turned him down. Manning is no heavyweight but I'd put my money on him beating the hell out of McDavid 10 out of 10 times. McDavid will run his mouth as he has plenty of muscle around him to protect him.

Manning lost the fight last night to Maroon but held his own. With that said, McDavid wouldn't stand a chance against Manning.

As far as injuring him last year, watch the tape slowly my friend. McDavid caught a rut and lost his edge. Any fan who has seen that tape and watched it several times and even in slow motion will tell you he caught a rut and lost it.

Just my thoughts
hockey, my family, working out and having some beers!

Gumper31
superstar
Total Posts: 2919
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-17-17 07:28 AM - Post#1693503    

In response to Gumper31

On further review of the "slash", Lucic took his stick to Manning's nuts!! A slash is a slash but when you whack a guy in the nuts, from behind, that's a dick move.
hockey, my family, working out and having some beers!

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11451
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-17-17 04:50 PM - Post#1693563    

In response to Gumper31

This team has no heart. Giroux continues to regress and we're stuck with him for years with that no trade clause ...

I've seen enough of Hakstol already. If we're in a total rebuild you should fire him at the end of the season. This isn't the guy...
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3172
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-17-17 08:53 PM - Post#1693582    

In response to Gumper31

• Gumper31 Said:

On further review of the "slash", Lucic took his stick to Manning's nuts!! A slash is a slash but when you whack a guy in the nuts, from behind, that's a dick move.

The Luc to the gooch....he's been doing it for a while..

Matt Dillon
legend
Total Posts: 19331
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-21-17 11:25 AM - Post#1693796    

In response to Gumper31

• Gumper31 Said:
Twist n Belak: agree with some of what you're saying. The team is painful to watch anymore and if I were Hextall, I'd listen to any offer for just about any player come the trade deadline. The flopping shit is just that, shit! Did Manning go down easy on the slash, possibly.

As far as your comment of "turning down McDavid multiple time in the first meeting" I wouldn't say he turned him down. Manning is no heavyweight but I'd put my money on him beating the hell out of McDavid 10 out of 10 times. McDavid will run his mouth as he has plenty of muscle around him to protect him.

Manning lost the fight last night to Maroon but held his own. With that said, McDavid wouldn't stand a chance against Manning.

As far as injuring him last year, watch the tape slowly my friend. McDavid caught a rut and lost his edge. Any fan who has seen that tape and watched it several times and even in slow motion will tell you he caught a rut and lost it.

Just my thoughts

Manning may be able to beat McDavis, but watching both of them fight I wouldn't say Manning would hammer McDavid. Manning is actually a lousy fighter.

Cotton
Total Posts: 27900
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-17-17 02:30 PM - Post#1695940    

In response to Matt Dillon

They are brutal. Hextall made an awful move with Weise. He won't even be a pest. Just a healthy scratch most nights and has 2 more years on his contract. Awful. Hopefully they call up Morin. Season is lost.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Cotton
Total Posts: 27900
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-26-17 06:19 PM - Post#1696575    

In response to Cotton

I would love to just see one game now where they say fuck it and start a bunch of fights. They are obviously not going to the playoffs (literally as I am typing this, Pens score) so just fight at least.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

ovenrat
all star
Total Posts: 1604
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-26-17 08:20 PM - Post#1696587    

In response to Cotton

1. they have one decent Dman - #9
2. goaltending has been streaky
3. IMO coach is too strict, no team personality
3b.their best fighter is their best scorer, can't
have that, resign Rosehill for next year trade
Weiss
4. Giroux should not be the Captain, it's too
much weight on him
5. acquire 2 experienced veteran Dmen to kill
penalties.....take #9 off PK
Provy should be on the 1st PP unit.

Edited by ovenrat on 03-26-17 08:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
67 Online Now
0 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 66 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "The NHL will suspend Micheal Haley for rest of season guaranteed!" with 27 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 209   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:45 PM