hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Home Security Camera's.        (Topic#549062)
HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10506
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-09-17 10:06 PM - Post#1698970    

Please post if you have any info to add about wireless security cameras for home security.

TX!!!!

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37062
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-10-17 09:30 AM - Post#1698983    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

We have our setup though Vivint, a local company here, and it's awesome. All wireless. All connected. I can turn everything on and off from my phone. Thermostats. Lights. Cameras. Doors (I can unlock the front door from my phone). It's pretty tight. I'd be shocked if their kind of service wasn't available everywhere.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3008
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-10-17 01:38 PM - Post#1698999    

In response to PuckRogue

PR - How much of a pain was the installation? Did you have to run wires everywhere?

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37062
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-10-17 05:21 PM - Post#1699009    

In response to foolish

No pain. Only the panel needs to be wired/plugged in somewhere. The cameras can be plugged into regular outlets wherever you place them. Everything else (t-stats, smokes, doorknob, CM detectors and glass break detectors) runs on batteries. It's pretty dang cool.

-PR

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-10-17 10:58 PM - Post#1699033    

In response to PuckRogue

That is exactly what I need, I want to setup at least 4 outdoor cameras to get a perimeter of the house. This is a complete solution, I likey.

Hannibal
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9862
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-11-17 09:00 AM - Post#1699042    

My security system is through Frontpoint and I love them. It's all self installed (and easy). All wireless/no phone line so it's up and running at all times even with no power/phone (until bats die of course). Everything is tied together. Same features as PR noted above - and all accessible and managed through my phone.

I do NOT have the cameras in place yet as I've been kicking it around a bit. I also think there are better/cheaper options available outside of my security package to research. Downside is it wouldn't be through the same app - but it just means I have to hit the app button next to it to view cameras.

The market is flooded with them. One my good friends does "physical security" (which apparently doesn't mean bodyguard BTW) and she recently made a purchase of 3 camera's off a deal she found on Amazon. She said they are all relatively the same when it comes to quality and price. Just depends on what you want in terms of storage capacity for video, B/W vs Color, range of view, etc.
Barney who?

Huard28
Total Posts: 32312
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-12-17 11:47 AM - Post#1699096    

In response to Hannibal

In before one of our internet tough guys says "My fists, my baseball bat, all I need for home security!" LOL.

I am huge on home security. I swear by alarms, sensors etc. I want to upgrade mine currently to cover a few more windows with sensors. It also does police/911 and fire, but most of them do these days.

I have looked into the cameras and do want to get the wireless ones etc like PR mentioned. It is surely worth having.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17191
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-12-17 07:31 PM - Post#1699136    

In response to Huard28

Your ass is getting trolled, stupid.

YOUR MICROWAVE IS WATCHING YOU, ASSHOLE!

Don't you pay attention to what Kelly Anne says!?

You're a pathetic hypocrite.
“I know words, I have the best words.”

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-18-17 12:44 PM - Post#1701037    

In response to Fotiu

I got Netgear Arlo.

(4) wireless cameras with base station.

So far, it is working out like a champ.
The system is a snap to setup, and you can either navigate the website- or use smart phone app.

The wireless units have batteries, no wires needed, and that is a huge PLUS.

Night vision and motion detection, setup to record 10 seconds if tripped. and sends you an email- and notify on phone.

I am using the free service, this allows up to 5 wifi cameras, and I think it has a 7GB limit on video storage.

I am new to using, will report in as I fine tune and and catch any shenanigans.

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-19-17 11:51 AM - Post#1701106    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
I got Netgear Arlo.

(4) wireless cameras with base station.

So far, it is working out like a champ.
The system is a snap to setup, and you can either navigate the website- or use smart phone app.

The wireless units have batteries, no wires needed, and that is a huge PLUS.

Night vision and motion detection, setup to record 10 seconds if tripped. and sends you an email- and notify on phone.

I am using the free service, this allows up to 5 wifi cameras, and I think it has a 7GB limit on video storage.

I am new to using, will report in as I fine tune and and catch any shenanigans.

Funny you mention, I was looking at that exact system at Best Buy recently!

In Canada the price is $549 for the system which is described as NETGEAR Arlo Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Security System with (4) 720p Cameras.

I assume it is probably around $400-$425 US funds?

It got mixed reviews though, and the major problem people have with it, is the motion detection sensors kick the record function on too late and you end up missing the breach. I guess a few seconds before it records motion? So wouldn't be good for outdoor use right?

Like any product, 25% bad reviews, 75% good or good enough reviews, so perhaps it just depends on person's expectations and mood.
"I never participate in the game anymore. It doesn't work. I am too bad. I only fight". - Link Gaetz

ReaperB
all star
Total Posts: 1817
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-19-17 02:46 PM - Post#1701122    

In response to Huard28

I would not recommend Guardzilla camera unless you are just monitoring inside dwelling or outside during day. Night vision is really lame outside.
Its cheap and works with phone app but its a bit of a kluge .

It does go battery or usb 12 volt . Batteries lasted about a week before camera got squirrely.
Its a quick fix if your trying to find out whose stealing your newspaper but thats about it. I give it 2 out of 4 stars.

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-20-17 08:05 PM - Post#1701184    

In response to ReaperB

Huard, it takes about 5 seconds, +- 1 second for it to start to record. Every time I trip the motion, I get a page on my phone in 5-10 seconds, which is outstanding. I have been tweaking and love this setup. They have a siren base station, but for the moment is servers me well at work.

I may buy the service for $100/yr. I can add more cameras, i want about 8 of them, I love being able to see everything. I may want to incrase the video record time if motion is detected.

I paid $400 for the base station and 4 cameras.
Each individual camera is $120

Edited by HEAVYWEIGHT on 06-20-17 08:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brawls16
legend
Total Posts: 13179
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-21-17 03:36 AM - Post#1701196    

I rarely lock my doors, nevermind security systems.

And yes Huard, I do have a bat handy close by.

Benefits of living in the Great White North....and having empty nesters as neighbours.

Clark-Domi-Belak-Orr

Huard28
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-22-17 03:17 PM - Post#1701309    

In response to Brawls16

There is a lot of riff raff losers in Niagara now so you have to be on top of it. My head has always been on a swivel. Always aware, always watching.

I do have 2 bats at my grasp near the bed, also ninja swords I used to collect. Most are dull, a few are sharpened, I know the sharp ones if need be!

I got more sensitive to it once I had kids. A lot of sicko's out there. It's good to have surveillance and security to help out when you are not around.

TGR32
hall of famer
Total Posts: 8673
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-23-17 05:28 PM - Post#1701350    

In response to Huard28

• Huard28 Said:
There is a lot of riff raff losers in Niagara now so you have to be on top of it. My head has always been on a swivel. Always aware, always watching.

I do have 2 bats at my grasp near the bed, also ninja swords I used to collect. Most are dull, a few are sharpened, I know the sharp ones if need be!

I got more sensitive to it once I had kids. A lot of sicko's out there. It's good to have surveillance and security to help out when you are not around.

Meanwhile in Niagara.......

"So happy I decided to become a Seahawks fan."

Kanrok quitting on the Bears November 2016

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-23-17 08:45 PM - Post#1701364    

In response to TGR32

This fat white bitch, voted for Bernie the QUEER.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
99 Online Now
2 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 97 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Roy Moore v Doug Jones" with 30 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.281 seconds.   Total Queries: 285   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 06:34 PM