hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Why the Left Refuses to Talk About Venezuela        (Topic#549088)
foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2693
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 09:18 AM - Post#1699767    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:
That would be inevitable. Obamacare wasn't started as a final solution, but was simply a step ladder to single-payer.

If you must go there, I would suggest people of working age who are able-bodied to work should never get coverage unless they are working or seeking work. But with liberals pushing the envelope, the non-working sponges will probably get the most and best care.

Oh, so now Obama is HITLER!?!?!?!!

I don't think we ever get to real single-payer in the USA. American's value their individualism too much and the perks of the private hospitals are insane (my buddy's wife had a kid on Friday.. there was a jacuzzi tub in their birthing room.... that they had for 5 days!). My hope for America is that we develop a free system that provides basic care without frills and without having everyone use the ER for everything. Basically just an extrapolation of a lot of the programs already available.

"free system". Thanks for the early morning laugh

Sorry - "publicly funded system". Better?

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36523
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 09:41 AM - Post#1699768    

In response to foolish

Much.

-PR

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28805
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 10:35 AM - Post#1699774    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:
That would be inevitable. Obamacare wasn't started as a final solution, but was simply a step ladder to single-payer.

If you must go there, I would suggest people of working age who are able-bodied to work should never get coverage unless they are working or seeking work. But with liberals pushing the envelope, the non-working sponges will probably get the most and best care.

I don't think we ever get to real single-payer in the USA. American's value their individualism too much and the perks of the private hospitals are insane (my buddy's wife had a kid on Friday.. there was a jacuzzi tub in their birthing room.... that they had for 5 days!). My hope for America is that we develop a free system that provides basic care without frills and without having everyone use the ER for everything. Basically just an extrapolation of a lot of the programs already available.

With all of the "Publicly funded systems", We are rapidly approaching a tipping point where entry level employment is going to be a losing proposition.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13214
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 11:36 AM - Post#1699777    

In response to Johnny_Upton

Was just reading the other day that the original purpose of the minimum wage for economists back in the thirties when it was first implemented under FDR was to out undesirables from the workforce, such as black people who used to provide less than market labor, young women and immigrants.

And now all of those three of those segments wave signs in the air begging for it. Oh the irony.

Edited by Canucko29 on 05-25-17 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2693
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 12:20 PM - Post#1699779    

In response to Johnny_Upton

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

With all of the "Publicly funded systems", We are rapidly approaching a tipping point where entry level employment is going to be a losing proposition.

I won't disagree - but I believe strongly that basic heath services are a publicly funded system that should be one of the last to go. I think my Canadian-ness makes me value healthcare a lot more than Americans do..... whether thats right or wrong, who is to judge?

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13214
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 01:00 PM - Post#1699783    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

I won't disagree - but I believe strongly that basic heath services are a publicly funded system that should be one of the last to go. I think my Canadian-ness makes me value healthcare a lot more than Americans do..... whether thats right or wrong, who is to judge?

I am subject to the same bias, but I don't see health care as a right and see it much more as a privilege of living in a country where we are efficient and productive (ty capitalism). If that were to ever change, and we were to downsize, I would expect healthcare to be one of the first budgetary targets.

Edited by Canucko29 on 05-25-17 01:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9627
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-25-17 06:05 PM - Post#1699802    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

It's too bad half the country wants the other half of the country to pay for all of it.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
79 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 78 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "GA-06 Special Election" with 20 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 146   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:54 PM