hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 6 <2345>
Username Post: CNN is a messy mess        (Topic#549168)
foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3001
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 05:46 PM - Post#1701502    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:

You specifically called them "liars." So please provide proof of that assertion or retract your fake news!

Commie!

They have faced a lot of felony charges over their shit...all dismissed, but you know better than most that dismissal don't mean innocent.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 05:48 PM - Post#1701503    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:

Most of those "stories" came from the Hannity Show (not a fan either) and they weren't lambasted onto the show 24/7 such that whenever you turn it to the channel, that's all they're talking about. They weren't such hot topics of discussion that they cut terrorist attack discussion in order to continue to pursue the company line of discussion. This is practically unprecedented. You really stretch the limits trying to find equivalency between the right and the left when there is nothing there. You said a lot, but you still couldn't find one comparable example.

The only unprecedented part of this is the admission.

Fox pushed the Seth Rich piece (and not just Hannity) for a week passed debunked.

Fox (not hannity) doubled down on the sweden immigration terror after they were called out on it - and you knuckleheads defended them!

The equivalency is there, you're refusal to see it doesn't change that fact.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13527
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 06:26 PM - Post#1701504    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

Most of those "stories" came from the Hannity Show (not a fan either) and they weren't lambasted onto the show 24/7 such that whenever you turn it to the channel, that's all they're talking about. They weren't such hot topics of discussion that they cut terrorist attack discussion in order to continue to pursue the company line of discussion. This is practically unprecedented. You really stretch the limits trying to find equivalency between the right and the left when there is nothing there. You said a lot, but you still couldn't find one comparable example.

The only unprecedented part of this is the admission.

Fox pushed the Seth Rich piece (and not just Hannity) for a week passed debunked.

Fox (not hannity) doubled down on the sweden immigration terror after they were called out on it - and you knuckleheads defended them!

The equivalency is there, you're refusal to see it doesn't change that fact.

You are beating up on a straw man. I never claimed Fox News wasn't biased to the right. I claimed though that they didn't ignore journalistic ethics by pushing a story that they knew was false, and admitted was false, in order to score ratings. You are focused on an entirely different issue. The claim that I made related to the extent and scope of the coverage that CNN provided. Are you going to deny that Russia collusion coverage hasn't dominated CNN for almost 6 months? The best you can do is some sporadic reporting over six days?

And now James O'Keefe put out another video video showing that one of the leading proponents of this Witch Hunt, Van Jones, admitting on camera that Trump Russia collusion is a "nothing burger?"

Man oh man, if I'm a liberal who was watching CNN over the last six months, I'd be pretty damn depressed. They disregarded journalistic ethics in order to keep me watching their commercials.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 21187
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 06:42 PM - Post#1701508    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

You specifically called them "liars." So please provide proof of that assertion or retract your fake news!

Commie!

They have faced a lot of felony charges over their shit...all dismissed, but you know better than most that dismissal don't mean innocent.

Brought by prosecutors who all received money from PP.

Dismissal means innocent.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 06:46 PM - Post#1701509    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:

You are beating up on a straw man. I never claimed Fox News wasn't biased to the right. I claimed though that they didn't ignore journalistic ethics by pushing a story that they knew was false, and admitted was false, in order to score ratings. You are focused on an entirely different issue. The claim that I made related to the extent and scope of the coverage that CNN provided. Are you going to deny that Russia collusion coverage hasn't dominated CNN for almost 6 months? The best you can do is some sporadic reporting over six days?

And now James O'Keefe put out another video video showing that one of the leading proponents of this Witch Hunt, Van Jones, admitting on camera that Trump Russia collusion is a "nothing burger?"

Man oh man, if I'm a liberal who was watching CNN over the last six months, I'd be pretty damn depressed. They disregarded journalistic ethics in order to keep me watching their commercials.

Wait... you think that this clip means that russia didn't f with the election? Or didn't collude? Based on current evidence I think you have to say that there is nothing proven, but the evidence isn't all in and there is a ton of smoke still.

I firmly believe that (1) Trump is tied to Russia - financially - in ways that he wouldn't like to have made public. (2) that the russians to a greater or lesser degree interfered with the election. (3) Trum himself has no knowledge of any of it and did not actively participate.

Number 1 is highly evidenced, though it is all anecdotal at this point (since no tax returns)

Number 2 is beyond proven, but the degree is up for debate. If it turns out to be spreading BS news, well thats on us for being sheep. if they hacked voting machines or messed with registrations.... well you tell me how that wouldn't matter

Number 3 - I think Trump wants to be a great POTUS. I think he truly cares about this country. I think he's surrounded by snakes and yes men and he doesn't know who is who.

Edited by foolish on 06-28-17 06:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13716
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 07:21 PM - Post#1701510    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:

Are you referring to the Ami Horowitz video; the video that Trump referenced in his infamous "last night in Sweden" line and everyone on the right side of mental retardation knew what he was referring to (albeit in a poorly worded manner)?

Or something else?
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Edited by Badlands92 on 06-28-17 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 07:33 PM - Post#1701512    

In response to Badlands92

I'm referring to the aftermath of that - the next several days after Sweden called him out focused heavily on finding people to dispute the doubters - I think that was when they trotted out niles blindt - part time "expert" on Sweden, full time felon living in Virginia!

The outrage! Couldn't they have at least trotted out the bikini team!?!

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10505
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 07:33 PM - Post#1701513    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
Why can't CNN conduct itself with the integrity that Fox does?...

The democrat party is worst than- AIDS, Cancer and muslim immigrants.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-28-17 07:34 PM - Post#1701514    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

I think AIDS showed up under Reagan.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13527
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 12:40 AM - Post#1701520    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

Wait... you think that this clip means that russia didn't f with the election? Or didn't collude? Based on current evidence I think you have to say that there is nothing proven, but the evidence isn't all in and there is a ton of smoke still.

I firmly believe that (1) Trump is tied to Russia - financially - in ways that he wouldn't like to have made public. (2) that the russians to a greater or lesser degree interfered with the election. (3) Trum himself has no knowledge of any of it and did not actively participate.

Number 1 is highly evidenced, though it is all anecdotal at this point (since no tax returns)

Number 2 is beyond proven, but the degree is up for debate. If it turns out to be spreading BS news, well thats on us for being sheep. if they hacked voting machines or messed with registrations.... well you tell me how that wouldn't matter

Number 3 - I think Trump wants to be a great POTUS. I think he truly cares about this country. I think he's surrounded by snakes and yes men and he doesn't know who is who.

There was also a lot of smoke around the Obama birther issue. As a reasonable conservative/libertarian, I demand proof before I would even consider such serious claims. The more serious the claim is, the higher the burden of proof in my opinion. None of the evidence that I've seen, including a lot of it which I suspect was extremely fabricated, is even close to proof of collusion between Trump and Russia. Heck, even CNN admits that now. Diana Feinstein said as much

About the only thing I'll acknowledge so far about Russia is that they definitely had it out for Hillary and did spread a lot of garbage news online (I saw a lot of it, as did even Info Wars admitted), and used WikiLeaks to expose just how fraudulent the whole DNC system is.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 07:32 AM - Post#1701522    

In response to Canucko29

I think I expressly stated I don't think that Trump actually planned something with Russia. So I agree on the direct collusion. I think his supporting cast was/is compromised. But thats my opinion and clearly the investigative leg-work needs to be completed.

Given that the entire intelligence apparatus (and recently DJT - with his accusations against BO) have concluded that Russia did meddle, I think you should upgrade your acknowledgment from "had it in for". I mean his campaign manager just registered as a foreign agent!!!

The birthier thing is a good analogy. I could argue that the specter of the POTUS being a foreign operative (i.e. worst-case scenario) is of a lot more relevance to the country than the birthier thing was - I mean thats a simple constitutional thing... and given DJTs complete trampling of the emoluments clause of the constitution.... we really don't seem to care about those much, do we?

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10343
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

06-29-17 08:01 AM - Post#1701525    

In response to foolish

Using Fox's 7 PM - 10 PM (prime time) progrsmming as evidence of false reporting is disingenuous. These programs are not hard news. They are opinion-based programs on current events. Political? absolutely. Biased towards the right? absolutely. But not hard news. Therefore, they should have some leeway as to floating out an opinion. That means mining conspiracy theories, etc.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 08:19 AM - Post#1701527    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
I think I expressly stated I don't think that Trump actually planned something with Russia. So I agree on the direct collusion. I think his supporting cast was/is compromised. But thats my opinion and clearly the investigative leg-work needs to be completed.

Given that the entire intelligence apparatus (and recently DJT - with his accusations against BO) have concluded that Russia did meddle, I think you should upgrade your acknowledgment from "had it in for". I mean his campaign manager just registered as a foreign agent!!!

The birthier thing is a good analogy. I could argue that the specter of the POTUS being a foreign operative (i.e. worst-case scenario) is of a lot more relevance to the country than the birthier thing was - I mean thats a simple constitutional thing... and given DJTs complete trampling of the emoluments clause of the constitution.... we really don't seem to care about those much, do we?

Seriously.

The emoluments clause?

Do tell!
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 10:07 AM - Post#1701538    

In response to Kanrok

Oh stop it KR, he's hosting presidential events at his properties.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 11:41 AM - Post#1701544    

In response to foolish

Not for nothing, but when the far left all become constitutional scholars at the same time, it kind of makes me smile.

Emoluments I say!

The funniest thing to me is that you breathlessly claim that Trump violates the emolument clause without having a clue what it means.

Let's take a look in the wayback machine...

The framers lived in an agrarian society.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison, etc. were owners of large swaths of farmland.

They grew tobacco and cotton, for instance.

Not surprisingly, they sold this produce, often times *shudder* overseas! Sometimes *oh no!* to foreign governments! Help! Emoluments!

Fast forward to our last president - Obama.

I seem to recall he wrote a book once - Dreams of My Father.

Do you suppose that if his book were sold overseas, and *heaven forbid* members of a foreign government bought copies...emoluments!

Clinton selling nights in the Lincoln bedroom? Emoluments!

JFK getting royalties *oh no! I said ROYAL* for his book Profiles in Courage...emoluments!

Anyway, I'm getting carried away.

If you do a little legal research on the way SCOTUS defines "emoluments" I think you'll find that the way the current crop of red-ass lefties are defining it in their "case" against Trump, it is not one and the same.

Not to say that some red-ass judge somewhere could rule against Trump (See e.g., the 9th Circuit and the 4th Circuit on the travel ban). Ultimately, I think you'll find this is another big, fat nothing burger.

I will say that Trump is often times his own damn worst enemy.

Today for instance, he tweeted some nastiness about Mika Brezinzki. Not a good expenditure of presidential time, and actually counter-productive give the fact that he's had a pretty good week or two.

Sorry for the smarmy lawyer talk.

I just don't have the time to go back and clean it up!

E M O L U M E N T S !!!!!

- K. Perry

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 11:57 AM - Post#1701546    

In response to Kanrok

While I disagree with the merit of the claims, I admire the legal machinations.

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 12:11 PM - Post#1701547    

In response to Kanrok

SO you take a literal approach to the requirements for the POTUS to have the participation trophy that is natural birth citizenship, yet for the case of the clauses having to do with the potential for the POTUS to enrich himself at the expense of the country you ignore the dictionary and start talking all smarmy-like about the times of the framers....

...you may well be completely right, but from a logical standpoint,and for the best interests of the country, you sure should be dead wrong.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 12:39 PM - Post#1701549    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
SO you take a literal approach to the requirements for the POTUS to have the participation trophy that is natural birth citizenship,[Please translate this from far left red-ass dip-shitery to English please!] yet for the case of the clauses having to do with the potential for the POTUS to enrich himself at the expense of the country you ignore the dictionary and start talking all smarmy-like about the times of the framers....Generally speaking, the dictionary is not used to define legal terms when the courts have spoken. So, no, I don't ignore the dictionary, I place definitions that are pronounced by courts, especially SCOTUS above them.

...you may well be completely right, but from a logical standpoint,and for the best interests of the country, you sure should be dead wrong.

I'll keep that in mind.

E M O L U M E N T S!

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 02:06 PM - Post#1701552    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • foolish Said:
SO you take a literal approach to the requirements for the POTUS to have the participation trophy that is natural birth citizenship,[Please translate this from far left red-ass dip-shitery to English please!] yet for the case of the clauses having to do with the potential for the POTUS to enrich himself at the expense of the country you ignore the dictionary and start talking all smarmy-like about the times of the framers....Generally speaking, the dictionary is not used to define legal terms when the courts have spoken. So, no, I don't ignore the dictionary, I place definitions that are pronounced by courts, especially SCOTUS above them.

I'll keep that in mind.

E M O L U M E N T S!

First translation - you red blooded 'mericans are quick to attack the participation trophy culture you have been central to building (though you blame liberals). Participations trophies are awards given without accomplishment, i.e. thanks for showing up awards. Your citizenship is a perfect example. now I have to WORK and ACHIEVE for a US passport... yours was given by accident of birth. Why would that be required for leadership in any merit based organization?!?!? Perhaps it was necessary in revolutionary times?

For the second part - SCOTUS decisions on this issue? LINK!?

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-29-17 02:22 PM - Post#1701553    

In response to foolish

Yes sir, far left red-ass dip-shittery of the first persuasion.

I will provide you with all the legal research you require.

My fee is $500 per hour.

I take debit cards.

- K. Perry

Page 2 of 6 <2345>
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
106 Online Now
1 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 104 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.344 seconds.   Total Queries: 342   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 04:05 PM