hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Trevor Gillies        (Topic#549183)
Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29165
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-11-17 08:17 AM - Post#1702771    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

And the attitude of NHL fans like Dillion
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3001
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:17 PM - Post#1702916    

In response to Johnny_Upton

I don't think Gillies really accelerated any clamp down on fights. I did find his antics after Tangrandi to be unsettling and a little disturbing. I'm really not sure why. Twist'n'Belak is dead right, its the same as the "go to sleep" or the Domi belt..... struck me differently though. But for anyone who was already anti-fitting, it was more ammo, I don't see it turning pro-fight, or ambivalent folks into anti-fight zealots though

Edited by foolish on 08-14-17 04:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37021
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-24-17 11:42 AM - Post#1703387    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
I am a little late to this argument. I actually loved that Isles-Pens game when it happened. PR was the only one on this site who spoke against Gilles's actions and I was confused at first. Isn't this the kind of enforcement we used to cheer for?

I get his point today. In a wussified society, it was bound to create a pushback against fighting. That being said, if that's all it was going to take for fighting to end, then it was going to end soon regardless.

I don't blame Gilles at all for the fall of fighting in the NHL. If anybody deserves blame, it is Todd Bertuzzi. That suckerpunch happened in one of the most intense games I ever seen and got international coverage. If that had happened in the Youtube era, fighting probably would've been banned from the game after the lockout. Luckily, it didn't go viral. It only made it on Jay Leno, a few late news sports shows, ESPN, and the hockey community.

Don't get me wrong - I don't blame Gillies for the downturn in fighting. I blame him for taking the feet out from under what was a nice little uptick in fighting and brawls, which was mostly the doing of the Bruins.

There had been a few game-ending brawls and a few "multi-fight" games...then Gillies went overboard (101%, by today's standards, though I totally get not by 1983 standards) and it immediately, completely dried up. You know there was a memo from the league to cut the shit and then it was done.

What Gillies did wasn't legendarily dirty, but it was legendarily stupid, considering what's appropriate in post-2000 hockey.

-PR

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29165
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-24-17 06:08 PM - Post#1703414    

In response to PuckRogue

Unless said event was started by Cindy or her Shittsburg ballfondlers
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37021
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-24-17 06:55 PM - Post#1703417    

It was all over Blake fucking Comeau.

Like, the Oilers would have left the bench if Conacher had been hit hard...

-PR

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3001
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-25-17 04:50 PM - Post#1703454    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
Unless said event was started by Cindy or her Shittsburg ballfondlers

Can I use "Shittsburg Ballfondlers" as my Fantasy football team name?

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
76 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 76 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.125 seconds.   Total Queries: 130   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 05:24 AM