hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 13 1234>» Last
Username Post: Race Relations        (Topic#549262)
Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31703
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 11:42 AM - Post#1702804    

So how is that going?

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11647
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 12:35 PM - Post#1702807    

In response to Posux

This is just the beginning. There are tons of guys in South Jersey with Don't Tread On Me and Confederate flags. They feel emboldened since Trump was elected....

David Duke is in Virginia today and said they are fulfilling Trumps promise of "taking our country back"...

"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13618
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 12:53 PM - Post#1702808    

In response to Baldridge

It's true, Obama damaged race relations in this country for decades to come. You can tell one group of people they are the cause of the world's ills for only so long until you stir up emotions - many of them ugly and counterproductive - from that group.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of being white and being American. Self-loathing types like Baldridge and Posux probably disagree. It's when that pride for your heritage turns to hatred towards others that it takes a wrong turn.

I have as much disdain for Neo-Nazi groups as I do BLM. They are both vile and pointless. As it is, FAR more white people denounce neo-Nazis than blacks denounce BLM.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 04:58 PM - Post#1702817    

In response to Badlands92

It's shocking to see how many people, on both sides, that had helmets on. I'm sorry but if you're wearing helmet at a protest, you're looking for a violent confrontation...

And now a fucking police helicopter just crashed there. This is an ugly day for America...

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13324
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 05:08 PM - Post#1702819    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
It's shocking to see how many people, on both sides, that had helmets on. I'm sorry but if you're wearing helmet at a protest, you're looking for a violent confrontation...

And now a fucking police helicopter just crashed there. This is an ugly day for America...

Agreed. The people who go to these events to shout out the other side have a lot more in common with their foes than they do anyone else.

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13618
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 05:52 PM - Post#1702820    

In response to Canucko29

Exactly. Most (not all) people who attend political rallies or protests, either to support or oppose the message, are just there to cause mischief and shake their fists at the sky. These people have way too much time on their hands and are looking for trouble.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17124
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 06:25 PM - Post#1702823    

In response to Badlands92

Never been better. That's what I'm hearing and what everyone is saying.
"This is really a bigger job than I thought.' - Donald Trump

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20744
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 06:36 PM - Post#1702824    

In response to Fotiu

The far right and the far left have three things in common.

They are both reprehensible, violent and anti-Semitic.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:08 PM - Post#1702825    

In response to Kanrok

I have never protested a thing in my life.

The funny part is I imagined Badlands when I saw photos of those Polo Shirt wearing geeks with tiki torches.

Proud to be white? Are you insane? What did you do to become white?

Proud to be American is cool with me. Proud of your country of origin, sure.

Badlands is blaming Obama for white nationalism. This is the state we are in.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36679
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:34 PM - Post#1702827    

In response to Posux

The fact that we had a black president for eight years and race relations are getting worse and worse is baffling, to me. I'd blame Trump for some of this, but I'd also blame BLM and some of the other riots and bullshit for Trump's rise and the fact that most Americans don't subscribe to that kind of shit.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:36 PM - Post#1702828    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
So how is that going?

I can't believe Trump hasn't fixed race relations in his first six months.

I really can't believe that Obama made it worse, over eight years. Just a complete opportunity for leadership lost.

-PR

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:52 PM - Post#1702829    

In response to PuckRogue

You are even more predictable than me. Where is your spine? Are you following any of the police corruption stories lately? Again, cops have my support all the way but the corruption and brutality cannot be ignored. You act like black people just enjoy rioting.

Obama is an incredible man with high morals and a good family. An outstanding American yet he is imperfect. How you blame him for this and. It closet racist white people who now have a platform is beyond me.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:36 PM - Post#1702830    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
The fact that we had a black president for eight years and race relations are getting worse and worse is baffling, to me. I'd blame Trump for some of this, but I'd also blame BLM and some of the other riots and bullshit for Trump's rise and the fact that most Americans don't subscribe to that kind of shit.

-PR

You're blaming BLM for today's events?....What's the bio on that 20 year old punk who plowed his car into that group today?...

Obama didn't make race relations better but don't pretend that Trumps rhetoric over the last two years hasn't made things worse....

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7675
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:48 PM - Post#1702831    

In response to Baldridge

Why does it have to be left to the president to fix race relations? Do it yourselves.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:51 PM - Post#1702832    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
The far right and the far left have three things in common.

They are both reprehensible, violent and anti-Semitic.

Agreed.....

The only problem is that a couple of them are in White House....

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10432
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 09:14 PM - Post#1702833    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 09:20 PM - Post#1702834    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

That's also a good point. Given what happened the night before, the police seemed unprepared...

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 10:13 PM - Post#1702836    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

That's also a good point. Given what happened the night before, the police seemed unprepared...

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:58 AM - Post#1702837    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
You are even more predictable than me. Where is your spine? Are you following any of the police corruption stories lately? Again, cops have my support all the way but the corruption and brutality cannot be ignored. You act like black people just enjoy rioting.

Obama is an incredible man with high morals and a good family. An outstanding American yet he is imperfect. How you blame him for this and. It closet racist white people who now have a platform is beyond me.

You can't read? I said that race relations got worse under Obama. A black president. How the fuck is that possible?

I didn't blame him for anything going on over the last two days.

The topic wasn't specifically about anything going on now, it was about "race relations".

One of the specific reasons that HRC isn't president is because AA's didn't show up at the polls like they did for Barry and a lot of that has to be hopelessness. What got better for them under a best-case-scenario?

One of the specific reasons that Trump is president is that people were sick and tired of riots and BLM and all their bullshit.

Cops may not be helping, but cops are not the fucking problem in the inner cities.

Antifa has been pulling this bullshit for months, now...where was your post about them?

Hatred begets hatred. The media has everyone whipped up into a fury and the very conscious of the nation is suffering for it.

Do I think Trump and some of his rhetoric is responsible for these recent events? Yes. Do I think he's to blame for shitty race relations and a feeling of hopelessness? Hell no.

People need to stop with the fucking hate. On every side. Stop with the anger with everything Trump does.

A local news station recently posted a story about how Trump was calling for a State of Emergency for opiod abuse...and people were fucking criticizing him for it. What. The. Fuck.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:04 AM - Post#1702838    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

You're blaming BLM for today's events?....What's the bio on that 20 year old punk who plowed his car into that group today?...

Obama didn't make race relations better but don't pretend that Trumps rhetoric over the last two years hasn't made things worse....

I'm blaming other race riots for the rise of Trump and then the recent bullshit.

-PR

Page 1 of 13 1234>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
50 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 50 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Barcelona Attack" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.453 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:00 AM