hockey-fights.com
 Page 11 of 11 « First<891011
Username Post: Race Relations        (Topic#549262)
PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36670
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:00 PM - Post#1703122    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Posux Said:
The truth is there would have been no violence if Antifa and company didn't show up. But them showing up was the best thing for these nationalists. Any press is good press.

But for many, what they were chanting and saying was enough to make them use violence. I actually don't know what I would do if they marched through my town.

There is something noble about violence in this particular march. Hard and hypocritical to condone violence but these dudes were just asking for it.

Normally these insane far-left idiots are just there to start trouble and get on camera.

I was talking to my dad a few nights ago (who is probably slightly more liberal than I am) about this whole fiasco. He despises Antifa, as any sane person can see that they only make things worse. Berkeley is not far from here and these two groups of dumbshits are beating each other stupid up there, and that is fine by me. There is nothing noble about taking a cause such as standing up against fascism and using it as an excuse to douse people with piss and beat them up.

That being said, counterprotesters have to be ready to respond. I don't know how I would react if these people showed up in my town (they probably wouldn't). I would probably want to show up to support and help drown out their hateful chants. But expecting them to act nonviolently is naive, and one should be ready to react.

Ready to respond? What's the end game? You're going to stop a racist idiot from being a racist idiot by screaming at him?

-PR

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28898
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:06 PM - Post#1703123    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
JU, do you feel super intelligent when you continue to call liberals shitlibs? It's not really funny but do your thing.

The truth is there would have been no violence if Antifa and company didn't show up. But them showing up was the best thing for these nationalists. Any press is good press.

But for many, what they were chanting and saying was enough to make them use violence. I actually don't know what I would do if they marched through my town.

There is something noble about violence in this particular march. Hard and hypocritical to condone violence but these dudes were just asking for it.

Normally these insane far-left idiots are just there to start trouble and get on camera.

Shitlibs are a subset of liberals. I.E. - all Shitlibs are liberals,
but not all liberals are Shitlibs, but thanks for your permission lol

Ignoring them so they can't use it as a recruiting tool (which the mongoloid-FA handed them) would have been a better option
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31697
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:09 PM - Post#1703125    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Posux Said:
What are you not understanding? These nationalists are like Trump and old school Hollywood. Any press is good press. I don't believe that.

Yes, noble violence. How do you think we got our independence? Sometimes it's just the only option.

There are libraries and tons of books to cite history. Statues should be reserved for people liked by both sides. That is subjective of course but hell, I would love a Reagan or Bush statue anywhere.

Where's the line? Is it Reagan and Bush? MANY people despise them and could argue that they are offended by them. Is that the line?

-PR

I don't have that answer. But I feel comfortable treating down statues of leaders of a rebel army who tried to overthrow the United States.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11642
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:12 PM - Post#1703126    

• haymaker36 Said:

This bitch wouldn't say a damn thing to anyone in an inner city.....

"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31697
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:14 PM - Post#1703127    

In response to Johnny_Upton

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Posux Said:
JU, do you feel super intelligent when you continue to call liberals shitlibs? It's not really funny but do your thing.

Shitlibs are a subset of liberals. I.E. - all Shitlibs are liberals,
but not all liberals are Shitlibs, but thanks for your permission lol

Ignoring them so they can't use it as a recruiting tool (which the mongoloid-FA handed them) would have been a better option

But aren't you near 50 years old?

haymaker36
Total Posts: 15880
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:17 PM - Post#1703128    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:
  • Posux Said:

I was talking to my dad a few nights ago (who is probably slightly more liberal than I am) about this whole fiasco. He despises Antifa, as any sane person can see that they only make things worse. Berkeley is not far from here and these two groups of dumbshits are beating each other stupid up there, and that is fine by me. There is nothing noble about taking a cause such as standing up against fascism and using it as an excuse to douse people with piss and beat them up.

That being said, counterprotesters have to be ready to respond. I don't know how I would react if these people showed up in my town (they probably wouldn't). I would probably want to show up to support and help drown out their hateful chants. But expecting them to act nonviolently is naive, and one should be ready to react.

Ready to respond? What's the end game? You're going to stop a racist idiot from being a racist idiot by screaming at him?

-PR

Ready to respond if someone attacks you. Be reactive, not proactive. Otherwise there is no law against peaceful counterprotest, which is what I would be doing.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20738
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:19 PM - Post#1703129    

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Posux Said:

I would probably wander over and yell at the asshats as well.

If the government does its job there should be no violence.

If the "rally" can't be held safely, then that s a reason to reject a permit.

As I understand it, the city objected to a march and wanted to divert the proceedings to a nearby park that would make it easier to separate the miscreants from the counter-protesters.

That request was denied by the court as being "speculative."

IMHO, the violence could, and should have been mitigated.

BTW, that Vice film was scary.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2856
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 12:39 PM - Post#1703130    

In response to Kanrok

I wonder if private riot control companies might not be the next big thing. I'm thinking analogously to what companies like Blackwater do for the military.

If I'm the chief of police in a town and find out there is a rally planned for the next weekend, I have only a few options:
1) Ignore it and not add staff (Charlottesville-esque)
2) Bring in SWAT and a neighboring forces at overtime pay rates ($$$)
3) Outsource the operation to professional "peacekeepers".

I'm betting at you could create a network of well trained ex-military and police folks, create a minimal training program that leverages the existing expertise but proceduralizes tactics, and have them ready for relatively quick deployments. These protests are generally on weekends, so it could be a part-time gig for the employees. At $80/hr you could scalp $10/hr+insurance costs and probably still pay your people $65/hr or so. And require the employee to maintain their equipment on their own dime.....

...I'm sick of working for a living, get-rich-quick schemes are all I think about.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 15880
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 01:03 PM - Post#1703131    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:
  • Posux Said:

I would probably wander over and yell at the asshats as well.

If the government does its job there should be no violence.

If the "rally" can't be held safely, then that s a reason to reject a permit.

As I understand it, the city objected to a march and wanted to divert the proceedings to a nearby park that would make it easier to separate the miscreants from the counter-protesters.

That request was denied by the court as being "speculative."

IMHO, the violence could, and should have been mitigated.

BTW, that Vice film was scary.

Charlottesville officials really fucked things up before this thing even got started. Same shit in Berkeley, the PD just watches as these two groups maim each other.

The film is indeed frightening, and goes a ways to dispelling the "few bad apples" narriative, IMO. As someone of Jewish heritage, I would be terrified if that shit came to my hometown.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36670
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 01:21 PM - Post#1703133    

• haymaker36 Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:
  • Posux Said:

-PR

Ready to respond if someone attacks you. Be reactive, not proactive. Otherwise there is no law against peaceful counterprotest, which is what I would be doing.

Do you honestly believe that any violence would have been perpetrated here if there were no counter-protestors? Takes two to Tango, eh?

This is where I'm accused of being tolerant of these assholes, which just isn't the same thing. If I'm in a bar and three guys stand up doing Nazi shit, I'm going to stand up and tell them to shut the fuck up or get their asses kicked. But, they're not a mob.

As we've repeatedly seen in almost every angry protest by every group in the last 25 years, these things almost always turn violent when there's a mob situation. You can't reason with a mob. It's lose-lose. Just treat them like trolls: Ignore them and they'll go away. If they get creative and start causing damage or acting criminally, it's much easier for cops to manage one side than two.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2856
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 01:38 PM - Post#1703134    

In response to PuckRogue

If the protesters show up looking for a fight and there are no counter protesters or the counter protesters are peaceful, I don't think its likely that the protesters will not find an outlet for the pent up aggression.

In this case, maybe a synagogue or mosque gets burned?

Here in Portland, after the election the protesters took out their frustrations on various local businesses. I'm not saying that a crowd of pro-trump folks would have prevented that, but in the time since there have been no one-sided protests (that I'm aware of) and no vandalism to speak of.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28898
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 01:55 PM - Post#1703136    

In response to foolish

How many Klan rallies have resulted in the kind of mayhem you see from your typical leftist protest?

The events in places like PDX are what happens when one has no self respect and believes that they are a victim 24X7
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Page 11 of 11 « First<891011
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
94 Online Now
4 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 89 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.344 seconds.   Total Queries: 224   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:14 PM