hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Race Relations        (Topic#549262)
Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31861
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 11:42 AM - Post#1702804    

So how is that going?

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11826
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 12:35 PM - Post#1702807    

In response to Posux

This is just the beginning. There are tons of guys in South Jersey with Don't Tread On Me and Confederate flags. They feel emboldened since Trump was elected....

David Duke is in Virginia today and said they are fulfilling Trumps promise of "taking our country back"...

"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13679
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 12:53 PM - Post#1702808    

In response to Baldridge

It's true, Obama damaged race relations in this country for decades to come. You can tell one group of people they are the cause of the world's ills for only so long until you stir up emotions - many of them ugly and counterproductive - from that group.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of being white and being American. Self-loathing types like Baldridge and Posux probably disagree. It's when that pride for your heritage turns to hatred towards others that it takes a wrong turn.

I have as much disdain for Neo-Nazi groups as I do BLM. They are both vile and pointless. As it is, FAR more white people denounce neo-Nazis than blacks denounce BLM.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 04:58 PM - Post#1702817    

In response to Badlands92

It's shocking to see how many people, on both sides, that had helmets on. I'm sorry but if you're wearing helmet at a protest, you're looking for a violent confrontation...

And now a fucking police helicopter just crashed there. This is an ugly day for America...

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13425
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 05:08 PM - Post#1702819    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
It's shocking to see how many people, on both sides, that had helmets on. I'm sorry but if you're wearing helmet at a protest, you're looking for a violent confrontation...

And now a fucking police helicopter just crashed there. This is an ugly day for America...

Agreed. The people who go to these events to shout out the other side have a lot more in common with their foes than they do anyone else.

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 05:52 PM - Post#1702820    

In response to Canucko29

Exactly. Most (not all) people who attend political rallies or protests, either to support or oppose the message, are just there to cause mischief and shake their fists at the sky. These people have way too much time on their hands and are looking for trouble.

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17151
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 06:25 PM - Post#1702823    

Never been better. That's what I'm hearing and what everyone is saying.
"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 21000
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 06:36 PM - Post#1702824    

In response to Fotiu

The far right and the far left have three things in common.

They are both reprehensible, violent and anti-Semitic.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:08 PM - Post#1702825    

In response to Kanrok

I have never protested a thing in my life.

The funny part is I imagined Badlands when I saw photos of those Polo Shirt wearing geeks with tiki torches.

Proud to be white? Are you insane? What did you do to become white?

Proud to be American is cool with me. Proud of your country of origin, sure.

Badlands is blaming Obama for white nationalism. This is the state we are in.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36890
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:34 PM - Post#1702827    

In response to Posux

The fact that we had a black president for eight years and race relations are getting worse and worse is baffling, to me. I'd blame Trump for some of this, but I'd also blame BLM and some of the other riots and bullshit for Trump's rise and the fact that most Americans don't subscribe to that kind of shit.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:36 PM - Post#1702828    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
So how is that going?

I can't believe Trump hasn't fixed race relations in his first six months.

I really can't believe that Obama made it worse, over eight years. Just a complete opportunity for leadership lost.

-PR

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 07:52 PM - Post#1702829    

In response to PuckRogue

You are even more predictable than me. Where is your spine? Are you following any of the police corruption stories lately? Again, cops have my support all the way but the corruption and brutality cannot be ignored. You act like black people just enjoy rioting.

Obama is an incredible man with high morals and a good family. An outstanding American yet he is imperfect. How you blame him for this and. It closet racist white people who now have a platform is beyond me.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:36 PM - Post#1702830    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
The fact that we had a black president for eight years and race relations are getting worse and worse is baffling, to me. I'd blame Trump for some of this, but I'd also blame BLM and some of the other riots and bullshit for Trump's rise and the fact that most Americans don't subscribe to that kind of shit.

-PR

You're blaming BLM for today's events?....What's the bio on that 20 year old punk who plowed his car into that group today?...

Obama didn't make race relations better but don't pretend that Trumps rhetoric over the last two years hasn't made things worse....

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7696
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:48 PM - Post#1702831    

In response to Baldridge

Why does it have to be left to the president to fix race relations? Do it yourselves.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 08:51 PM - Post#1702832    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:

Agreed.....

The only problem is that a couple of them are in White House....

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10489
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 09:14 PM - Post#1702833    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 09:20 PM - Post#1702834    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

That's also a good point. Given what happened the night before, the police seemed unprepared...

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-12-17 10:13 PM - Post#1702836    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

That's also a good point. Given what happened the night before, the police seemed unprepared...

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:58 AM - Post#1702837    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
You are even more predictable than me. Where is your spine? Are you following any of the police corruption stories lately? Again, cops have my support all the way but the corruption and brutality cannot be ignored. You act like black people just enjoy rioting.

Obama is an incredible man with high morals and a good family. An outstanding American yet he is imperfect. How you blame him for this and. It closet racist white people who now have a platform is beyond me.

You can't read? I said that race relations got worse under Obama. A black president. How the fuck is that possible?

I didn't blame him for anything going on over the last two days.

The topic wasn't specifically about anything going on now, it was about "race relations".

One of the specific reasons that HRC isn't president is because AA's didn't show up at the polls like they did for Barry and a lot of that has to be hopelessness. What got better for them under a best-case-scenario?

One of the specific reasons that Trump is president is that people were sick and tired of riots and BLM and all their bullshit.

Cops may not be helping, but cops are not the fucking problem in the inner cities.

Antifa has been pulling this bullshit for months, now...where was your post about them?

Hatred begets hatred. The media has everyone whipped up into a fury and the very conscious of the nation is suffering for it.

Do I think Trump and some of his rhetoric is responsible for these recent events? Yes. Do I think he's to blame for shitty race relations and a feeling of hopelessness? Hell no.

People need to stop with the fucking hate. On every side. Stop with the anger with everything Trump does.

A local news station recently posted a story about how Trump was calling for a State of Emergency for opiod abuse...and people were fucking criticizing him for it. What. The. Fuck.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:04 AM - Post#1702838    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

You're blaming BLM for today's events?....What's the bio on that 20 year old punk who plowed his car into that group today?...

Obama didn't make race relations better but don't pretend that Trumps rhetoric over the last two years hasn't made things worse....

I'm blaming other race riots for the rise of Trump and then the recent bullshit.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:05 AM - Post#1702839    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

Agreed.....

The only problem is that a couple of them are in White House....

Like who?

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:09 AM - Post#1702840    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

You can't reason with hate-filled idiots in a mob situation.

What could they have done? They're outnumbered. You can't arrest people for maybe doing something tomorrow.

This is where we slip right into limiting the rights of idiots because they're idiots, which isn't what the country is about.

-PR

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 10:53 AM - Post#1702844    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
You can't read? I said that race relations got worse under Obama. A black president. How the fuck is that possible?

I didn't blame him for anything going on over the last two days.

The topic wasn't specifically about anything going on now, it was about "race relations".

One of the specific reasons that HRC isn't president is because AA's didn't show up at the polls like they did for Barry and a lot of that has to be hopelessness. What got better for them under a best-case-scenario?

One of the specific reasons that Trump is president is that people were sick and tired of riots and BLM and all their bullshit.

Cops may not be helping, but cops are not the fucking problem in the inner cities.

Antifa has been pulling this bullshit for months, now...where was your post about them?

Hatred begets hatred. The media has everyone whipped up into a fury and the very conscious of the nation is suffering for it.

Do I think Trump and some of his rhetoric is responsible for these recent events? Yes. Do I think he's to blame for shitty race relations and a feeling of hopelessness? Hell no.

People need to stop with the fucking hate. On every side. Stop with the anger with everything Trump does.

A local news station recently posted a story about how Trump was calling for a State of Emergency for opiod abuse...and people were fucking criticizing him for it. What. The. Fuck.

-PR

Excellent post. When Po gets in his "I want to fight the world" moods, there's no reasoning with him. He's a self-loathing, very unhappy person. You were good to try to explain reason to him.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 11:16 AM - Post#1702846    

I think Po is taking the words of some of his friends to heart. While I certainly can't criticize that, I don't agree that cops are the problem.

-PR

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 11:45 AM - Post#1702848    

In response to PuckRogue

Badlands, what do I personally gain for standing up for what is right? I have tons of cops in my family. I also have lots of liberals. It's a good mix.

But none of you ever talk about the insane levels of corruption and brutality we've seen in this new social media era. Maybe there was something to the inner city's discontent? Just maybe?

You've quick to jump and criticize liberal SJWs, though.

Always one-sided between you two.

I don't feel white guilt. I feel personal guilt for some of the things I have personally done in my life. I hope I am making up for some if it these days.

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 12:03 PM - Post#1702849    

In response to Posux

Who has suggested you NOT stand up for what you believe is right? Heck, keep pointing out the corruption and bad deeds by police - I support rooting out those bad apples as much as you do.

If more of your posts were like the one above, and less calling people you disagree with Nazis, you'd be taken a little more seriously around here.

Whatever you feel guilty about, and whatever steps you are taking to atone for your sins, is between you and your creator. Just don't bring that angry nonsense here and try to demonize everyone you disagree with. It's sophomoric.

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 12:52 PM - Post#1702851    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

What could they have done? They're outnumbered. You can't arrest people for maybe doing something tomorrow.

This is where we slip right into limiting the rights of idiots because they're idiots, which isn't what the country is about.

-PR

In respect to manpower, if the KKK is showing up, (black lives matter as well) all cities should be ready to have a national guard presence on had, it is not going to get any better.

All Guard units have a short call list, and can get the bodies really fast for such a situation.

You do have a good point on rights, but local authorities need to have a plan to get enough bodies onsite, to help with keeping the peace.

Edited by HEAVYWEIGHT on 08-13-17 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Peatycap
Total Posts: 29996
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:08 PM - Post#1702852    

White nationalists, KKK, Antifa, BLM, and Muslim brotherhood can all get together and beat the hell out of each other.

If you aren't a part of one of those extremist organizations, stay far away.

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:17 PM - Post#1702854    

• Badlands92 Said:
Who has suggested you NOT stand up for what you believe is right? Heck, keep pointing out the corruption and bad deeds by police - I support rooting out those bad apples as much as you do.

If more of your posts were like the one above, and less calling people you disagree with Nazis, you'd be taken a little more seriously around here.

Whatever you feel guilty about, and whatever steps you are taking to atone for your sins, is between you and your creator. Just don't bring that angry nonsense here and try to demonize everyone you disagree with. It's sophomoric.

I hear you but it angers me that people don't realize their hypocritical ways. Especially you. I never see you commenting on police corruption yet you hate it and want it stopped. Why?

It took me prodding you to denounce OReilly yet you are so quick to denounce many others on the left.

Don't you have any self-awareness about this?

I don't protest. I hate violent protestors whether they are black or white. I hate Pelosi as much as I hate Ryan. I cringed voting for Hillary.

I donate my time and money to cop and vets groups. Love our military.

Getting any of this?

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:44 PM - Post#1702857    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

-PR

In respect to manpower, if the KKK is showing up, (black lives matter as well) all cities should be ready to have a national guard presence on had, it is not going to get any better.

All Guard units have a short call list, and can get the bodies really fast for such a situation.

You do have a good point on rights, but local authorities need to have a plan to get enough bodies onsite, to help with keeping the peace.

I totally agree, but get the feeling that throwing the NG in there is a huge escalation of possible violence. I'm sure that's why that's not common.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:49 PM - Post#1702858    

In response to PuckRogue

Po,

Surely you understand that your constant criticisms of the right may only mirror those of the majority here.

Outside of Stevie, ovenrat and sometimes Heavy, we don't have many "foaming at the mouth" right wingers here.

This isn't a women's tennis message board. Most of the guys here are going to be conservative types and, yes, you're going to get a lot of the same opinions.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing we disagree on is that police "corruption" that drastically effects 1 out of every 10,000,000 officer/citizen interactions is some kind of rampant plague. I just don't see it and I'm sure it better than it's ever been. This kind of thing will never be perfect when dealing with humanity.

-PR

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:11 PM - Post#1702861    

In response to PuckRogue

CNN- huffingpuffingcompost headlines:

THREE DEAD AT WHITE RACIST RALLY IN NC. (perfect example of yellow journalism)

Two donald trump supporters wearing MAGA hats, used a military rocket launcher to shoot down a police helicopter KILLING TWO.

unnamed sources witnessed a black presidential limousine pull up to the crowd and pull out something from the trunk. As the crowd of KKK, nazi and REPUBLICAN voters moved away, a man with a MAGA hat fired the rocket launcher striking the heli, in the engine, causing it to crash in a violent explosion.

As cameras moved to the right, you could see the fox news camera crew jumping and cheering the crash, and host Sean Hannity was there shaking hands with the culprits.

Where is rev Jackson, when YOU NEED HIM, more at 6- CNN.

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:56 PM - Post#1702863    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:

I hear you but it angers me that people don't realize their hypocritical ways. Especially you. I never see you commenting on police corruption yet you hate it and want it stopped. Why?

It took me prodding you to denounce OReilly yet you are so quick to denounce many others on the left.

Don't you have any self-awareness about this?

I don't protest. I hate violent protestors whether they are black or white. I hate Pelosi as much as I hate Ryan. I cringed voting for Hillary.

I donate my time and money to cop and vets groups. Love our military.

Getting any of this?

The problem is that everyone has to denounce people on your watch. You have this mindset that no one can criticize Person A if they haven't already criticized Person B. In theory I get what you are saying, but it's a flawed logic. It falls into the ugly world of "whataboutisms".

I'm a pretty logical and rational person, and find these neo-Nazis and white supremacists detestable. The majority of prominent conservative figures - social media personalities, politicians, authors, etc - have come out with strong statements condemning the mess in VA. Trump should have condemned the white nationalist movement by name (it still wouldn't have satisfied the rabid left).

Here's why I feel strongly proud of being conservative: when 200-300 racist white assholes come together, 90% of the right strongly denounces them.

When anti-Semites like Keith Ellison, or pro-Sharia Linda Sarsour, or racist BLM or violent Antifa do their thing, the left not only doesn't denounce, they embrace them. Identity politics is a disgusting, dishonest and vile business. There are some bad apples on the right, but the whole left bushel is rotten to the fucking core. How more people don't see (aka admit) that is beyond me.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:58 PM - Post#1702864    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:
White nationalists, KKK, Antifa, BLM, and Muslim brotherhood can all get together and beat the hell out of each other.

If you aren't a part of one of those extremist organizations, stay far away.

If we can protect the innocent, I would love to see the nazis and the communists fight each other on pay for view.

Win-win!
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 04:52 PM - Post#1702867    

In response to Kanrok

I actually feel bad for the police in these situations. It's a no win....

Seattle is about to blow...

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29092
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 12:33 PM - Post#1702888    

In response to Baldridge

Anyone find it funny that the Anti-Fascists are Fascist?

The Press never called Obama out on this and didn't demand that he call incidents Terrorism that we're a lot more egregious than this.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 12:44 PM - Post#1702890    

In response to Johnny_Upton

I always thought that the "Obama won't call out radical Islam" or "Obama won't call out BLM" arguments were stupid, as is this garbage with Trump.

There's a Presidential (and common sense) playbook somewhere that says "fanning the flames of hatred only begets more hatred", so you decry the event, not the perpetrators.

While I do agree that some of Trump's rhetoric has emboldened these assholes, I vehemently disagree with all of those who I've recently seen suggest that this is a resurgence of the Nazi political party...

This is 200 angry, stupid assholes who have been doing these rallies at least every year since forever. The difference with this event is that the media gave it full attention based on their desire to blame Trump for it.

There are literally people on Twitter and FB who are afraid that this is the next big thing and saying shit like "we defeated you once..." and bringing up gas chambers. These aren't Nazis with political pull and an army, these guys have no more power than the KKK or La Raza or the Black Panthers. They're just angry, stupid assholes that 99% of Americans would never support in any way.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2998
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:00 PM - Post#1702892    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
I always thought that the "Obama won't call out radical Islam" or "Obama won't call out BLM" arguments were stupid, as is this garbage with Trump.

There's a Presidential (and common sense) playbook somewhere that says "fanning the flames of hatred only begets more hatred", so you decry the event, not the perpetrators.

While I do agree that some of Trump's rhetoric has emboldened these assholes, I vehemently disagree with all of those who I've recently seen suggest that this is a resurgence of the Nazi political party...

This is 200 angry, stupid assholes who have been doing these rallies at least every year since forever. The difference with this event is that the media gave it full attention based on their desire to blame Trump for it.

There are literally people on Twitter and FB who are afraid that this is the next big thing and saying shit like "we defeated you once..." and bringing up gas chambers. These aren't Nazis with political pull and an army, these guys have no more power than the KKK or La Raza or the Black Panthers. They're just angry, stupid assholes that 99% of Americans would never support in any way.

-PR

I tend to agree with most of this. I do have a little concern that those 200 angry, stupid assholes seem to be becoming a larger and more open fixture at all conservative rallies (we had 70 year old women doing the hell Hitler salute at recent trump rallies here).

Trump's response was less definitive than I would have liked to have seen, and there was way too much spin and deflect from the conservatives in my social sphere (you probably saw my FB feed), but overall I was really impressed with how some of the right spoke out. I don't often like any thing Ted Cruz does, but this time he nailed it, as did many others.

All that said, those folks who required Obama to say "islamic terrorism" rather than "terrorism" should require Trump to say "white supremacists". I'm sticking with "Christian terrorism".... but only cuz it drives my trolly conservative buddies nuts.

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:23 PM - Post#1702893    

In response to foolish

Trump names KKK, white nationalists, etc. Doesn't name Antifa, BLM, etc.

Left's response... too late.

My take... late... but he did it and gives a foundation to move forward. Better than Obama who wouldn't say radical Islamic terrorism and Hillary who supported BLMs.

Sessions doing what's right too.

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:28 PM - Post#1702894    

In response to foolish

You mean like denouncing “the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”?

You want to compare this to say the Ft Hood shooting and Obama's & the Press response?

Both fringe groups are shitbags, but to try ans claim that the Press handling of these incidents are anything similar, is disingenuous at best.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Gumper31
superstar
Total Posts: 2930
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:29 PM - Post#1702895    

In response to foolish

So Donald Trump shows up 2 days late to the party. TODAY he finally calls it like it is, well as his handlers have told him to read the teleprompter, but why couldn't he have done that on Saturday?

Now I know he signed a bill Saturday in regards to the VA and that's awesome however, he had 2 opportunities to reply to the media asking him to denounce these Nazi fucks and he ignored it.

Also, why was it that during his speech Saturday when all the violence was happening, why the fuck did he have to go and say "how great the economy is doing and unemployment is at all time low?" Is he really that narcissistic that he needs to praise himself even during a domestic terrorist conflict like we had on Saturday?

And lastly, when will he stand in front of the media and answer questions? He gives his speech/talk and runs away and doesn't answer a single question.

OK sorry for the rant. As you can see, in all honesty, I'm not a big politics guy. So when you reply to my questions/comments go gentle. Hike fucked me up years ago and I'm still healing from it.
hockey, my family, working out and having some beers!

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:31 PM - Post#1702896    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:

Maybe/Maybe not, but the "Outrage" for ones response (or lack there of) doesn't match the other.

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:33 PM - Post#1702897    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
You mean like denouncing “the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”?

You want to compare this to say the Ft Hood shooting and Obama's & the Press response?

Both fringe groups are shitbags, but to try ans claim that the Press handling of these incidents are anything similar, is disingenuous at best.

I don't want to compare shit. I wasn't all panty twisted over the jargon that BO used for terroirsm or which cop funerals he didn't show up for - you guys were.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:38 PM - Post#1702898    

My white privilege story for the day.

My wife and I went shopping for flooring yesterday. I gave her my wallet and she put it on her purse.

Fast forward to this morning. She and a couple of friends were walking at the local park. My wallet was still in her purse, in her car.

I drove over to the parking lot to get my wallet thinking that I had the correct key to her car.

I parked perpendicular to her car and try the doors on both sides of the car. Wrong key.

A hefty old white lady was walking past and she gave me the evil eye.

I look over to her and say "you think I'm breaking into this car, don't you?"

She says yes and walks away still looking at me.

I yell over "it's my own damn car lady!"

Bit of an over reaction, but WTF?

As a straight, white male of the middle age persuasion, I must say, the struggle is real.

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:46 PM - Post#1702902    

In response to Kanrok

What color was the car?

Edited by foolish on 08-14-17 01:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:47 PM - Post#1702903    

In response to foolish

Which one, my wife's or mine?

- K. Perry

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:53 PM - Post#1702904    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:

I don't want to compare shit. I wasn't all panty twisted over the jargon that BO used for terroirsm or which cop funerals he didn't show up for - you guys were.

Again, you dont have to be panty twisted to note that the response in the press, etc is similar. Hence the inconsistent outrage

#Filthystrong

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:56 PM - Post#1702905    

In response to Gumper31

• Gumper31 Said:

So Donald Trump shows up 2 days late to the party. TODAY he finally calls it like it is, well as his handlers have told him to read the teleprompter, but why couldn't he have done that on Saturday?

Now I know he signed a bill Saturday in regards to the VA and that's awesome however, he had 2 opportunities to reply to the media asking him to denounce these Nazi fucks and he ignored it.

Also, why was it that during his speech Saturday when all the violence was happening, why the fuck did he have to go and say "how great the economy is doing and unemployment is at all time low?" Is he really that narcissistic that he needs to praise himself even during a domestic terrorist conflict like we had on Saturday?

And lastly, when will he stand in front of the media and answer questions? He gives his speech/talk and runs away and doesn't answer a single question.

OK sorry for the rant. As you can see, in all honesty, I'm not a big politics guy. So when you reply to my questions/comments go gentle. Hike fucked me up years ago and I'm still healing from it.

The media's perception/integrity levels (Congress' too BTW) are lower than Trump's. I don't mind that he walks away. Hillary only took questions on her private jet from hand-selected media. Plus a few of those jackaloons are more so activists than reporters these days.

Agree on the lateness. Agree on lacing in other topics. His delivery has always been poor. Of course, actions speak louder than words... always have and always will.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 02:37 PM - Post#1702907    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:

My wife and I went shopping for flooring yesterday. I gave her my wallet and she put it on her purse.

Fast forward to this morning. She and a couple of friends were walking at the local park. My wallet was still in her purse, in her car.

I drove over to the parking lot to get my wallet thinking that I had the correct key to her car.

I parked perpendicular to her car and try the doors on both sides of the car. Wrong key.

As a straight, white male of the middle age persuasion, I must say, the struggle is real.

You do look pretty shady. Just sayin'

-PR

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 02:39 PM - Post#1702908    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:

Middle age?...

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 02:51 PM - Post#1702909    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

Middle age?...

Straight?

- K. Perry

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 02:53 PM - Post#1702910    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

You do look pretty shady. Just sayin'

-PR

You have a point there.

- K. Perry

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 03:46 PM - Post#1702912    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

Middle age?...

Straight?

I'll give you that....

Not to be anti law enforcement but this event clearly could have gone differently if they had prepared with more resources....

But again, just like the old adage nothing good happens after midnight, nothing could possibly have gone right opposing a White Supremist group...

There is a photo that is circulating of a black police officer who was assigned to protect the White Supremist group. Must have been tough for him but by all accounts professionally did so..

Jax
Total Posts: 12867
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 03:48 PM - Post#1702913    

In response to Kanrok

My wife was leaving the tax collector's office today and a guy asked her to sign a petition allowing non-violent felons to vote.
She declined and the guy called her a racist.
Shit like that is why we voted Trump.
As loony as the alt-right is, the far left is no better. They'll throw out that race card any time they don't their way.
That only makes it worse for those who face real racism on a daily basis.
And here's a novel idea: want to keep your right to vote? Don't commit felonies, violent or not.

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 03:52 PM - Post#1702914    

In response to Jax

And by "they" I mean SJWs, the media, and politicians who stand to gain from racial tension. Not just some members of the black community.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:04 PM - Post#1702915    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:

There is a photo that is circulating of a black police officer who was assigned to protect the White Supremist group. Must have been tough for him but by all accounts professionally did so..

The photo (if its the one I saw - dark blue uniform, shades, no hat, head down like he's sad?) was from a different rally....

I don't think its totally fair - the comparisons begin made between Ferguson's prep for BLM and Charlottesville's prep for the White power folks - but I would be interested to see if the police presence would look different had it been a black org protesting instead of a white one.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:21 PM - Post#1702917    

In response to foolish

You have your answer already.

Look at how the press covered the Ferguson riots.

The whole "hands up - don't shoot" line is a blatant lie.

Yet the press covered it like it were the Gospel truth.

- K. Perry

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:33 PM - Post#1702919    

In response to Jax

• Jax Said:
My wife was leaving the tax collector's office today and a guy asked her to sign a petition allowing non-violent felons to vote.
As loony as the alt-right is, the far left is no better. They'll throw out that race card any time they don't their way.
And here's a novel idea: want to keep your right to vote? Don't commit felonies, violent or not.

You voted for Trump out of spite?....

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:40 PM - Post#1702920    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:

Wow - I was not clear on my point at all, lol. I meant the police response. In Ferguson they had all of the heavy equipment out, the cops came ready for war. In charlottesville they came dressed to chaperone a middle school dance.

And to be clear - I'mn not saying that the cops WOULD respond differently based on race, or that Ferguson was grognto call in SWAT.... just voicing my curiousity.

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:45 PM - Post#1702921    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:

I don't think its totally fair - the comparisons begin made between Ferguson's prep for BLM and Charlottesville's prep for the White power folks - but I would be interested to see if the police presence would look different had it been a black org protesting instead of a white one.

False equivalency

Would there have been violence but for the Pro-FA/SJW's?

#Filthystrong

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 04:50 PM - Post#1702922    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

Wow - I was not clear on my point at all, lol. I meant the police response. In Ferguson they had all of the heavy equipment out, the cops came ready for war. In charlottesville they came dressed to chaperone a middle school dance.

And to be clear - I'mn not saying that the cops WOULD respond differently based on race, or that Ferguson was grognto call in SWAT.... just voicing my curiousity.

Yeah, I dont think anyone was calling to burn the place down if they didn't get what they wanted...

#Filthystrong

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 05:03 PM - Post#1702923    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

Yeah, I dont think anyone was calling to burn the place down if they didn't get what they wanted...

I didn't think SWAT had a brigade of Fire fighters.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 05:17 PM - Post#1702924    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:

False equivalency

sorry - "Pro-FA"?

stockfan
legend
Total Posts: 14994
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 05:35 PM - Post#1702925    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:

There are literally people on Twitter and FB who are afraid that this is the next big thing and saying shit like "we defeated you once..."
-PR

These people are attention whores and believe very little of what they actually type on social media outlets. It's all for the "likes" and "look at meeeee".
Ineptocracy— a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing.

GOON 21
superstar
Total Posts: 2784
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 05:36 PM - Post#1702926    

In response to foolish

Have you guys ever learned anything through the years?.. Seriously ----- The media LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES stirring the pot at ANY chance it can on race relations decades of examples shows this and people still fall for this bullshit..

Fucking FRINGE group of maybe 100-200 people and OMG OMG seriously wake the fuck up and shut off the fucking useless TV.... The media fucking drools all over itself to try and tie Trump into a small USELESS POWERLESS group of yahoooos and people trip over themselves

Fucking joke..

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 05:46 PM - Post#1702928    

In response to GOON 21

well of course!! There is zero fun in ignoring it though. Especially when shit like this resonates with so many.

Under Obama we lost our shit over BLM and the Occupy movement - both fringe. There was also the minutemen militias and those Bundy fuckwits....

stop harshing my buzz!! I'm fighting the Nazis!~

Edited by foolish on 08-14-17 05:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jax
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 06:34 PM - Post#1702929    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • Jax Said:

You voted for Trump out of spite?....

Mainly because he wasn't Hillary. I didn't want to vote for either but picked who I thought was the lesser of the two evils.

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 07:21 PM - Post#1702931    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

I didn't think SWAT had a brigade of Fire fighters.

You're not this dense

#Filthystrong

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 07:22 PM - Post#1702932    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:
  • foolish Said:

False equivalency

sorry - "Pro-FA"?

They aren't Anti-FA. Maybe Anti-Anti-FA

#Filthystrong

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 07:25 PM - Post#1702933    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:

Under Obama we lost our shit over BLM and the Occupy movement - both fringe.

Racist!

And a corporatist!

Don't cha know that these are legit groups? I saw it on the news.

#Filthystrong

taz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9662
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 08:23 PM - Post#1702934    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Kanrok Said:

The violent crime rate in Ferguson is triple that of Charlottesville. The violent crime rate in the surrounding area around Ferguson is much higher as well. The might have something to do with the level of response.
Large Screen Laptop...$600
Internet Service...$50
Reading Johnz's inane homer posts...Priceless

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 08:44 PM - Post#1702937    

In response to taz

Why aren't these White Supremist groups going after Islamic terrorists?.....Wouldn't that serve our country better?

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7696
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 09:19 PM - Post#1702938    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
Why aren't these White Supremist groups going after Islamic terrorists?.....Wouldn't that serve our country better?

Why bother? Wasn't it you who once pointed out that the majority of terrorists who have attacked America are not Islamic/Muslim?

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 09:26 PM - Post#1702939    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:

Why do you hate Muslims?

#Filthystrong

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 09:29 PM - Post#1702940    

So how many inner city gun murders this weekend in the USA?

OOOPs, shuuuush don't fit the narrative.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 09:34 PM - Post#1702941    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Baldridge Said:

Why do you hate Muslims?

Damnable Islamaphobes.

- K. Perry

stockfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 11:05 PM - Post#1702942    

• Johnny_Upton Said:
  • Baldridge Said:

Why do you hate Muslims?

They promote suicide bombings, genital mutilation, the murder of gays and women etc etc etc.
Ineptocracy— a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing.

Johnny_Upton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 06:43 AM - Post#1702945    

In response to stockfan

They're probably anti union as well

#Filthystrong

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10287
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

08-15-17 10:54 AM - Post#1702947    

In response to Gumper31

• Gumper31 Said:

Domestic Terrorism? LOL

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/14/heres-how- the-vi...

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 02:11 PM - Post#1702953    

In response to Pete

I'm interested in following the money on these protests.

Who is funding "Unite the Right?"

Who is funding "Antifa?"

Who is funding "The New Black Panther Party?"

If I were investigating these organizations, that is where I would start.

Who benefits from these protests?

- K. Perry

Pete
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

08-15-17 02:48 PM - Post#1702954    

In response to Kanrok

Kan - You may find this interesting/appalling:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-14/repor t-%E...

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 03:09 PM - Post#1702955    

In response to Pete

Interesting.

Can't draw any conclusions from it, but it sure seems weird.

Something about this whole "Unite the Right" thing smells bad to me.

Who is funding them?

Who, exactly, supports this nonsense?

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 03:12 PM - Post#1702957    

In response to Pete

Even better, from the SPLC...

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremi st-...

-PR

Pete
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

08-15-17 03:19 PM - Post#1702958    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
Interesting.

Can't draw any conclusions from it, but it sure seems weird.

Something about this whole "Unite the Right" thing smells bad to me.

Who is funding them?

Who, exactly, supports this nonsense?

I think the government is so wrapped up in so much bad stuff related to the Clinton Foundation and other globalist causes, that these fringe groups are paid to promote discord and create enough of a distraction to deflect the public away from the deeper issues. And let's face it, they are all fringe groups when you look at their size and influence.

I think Trump was absolutely right with his first statement when he attributed last weekend's trouble to parties on all sides. But it was reasonably contained up until the loon decided to drive his car into the crowd. Until then, it was only morons beating up morons. The young lady's death brought this to a new dimension. I'm disappointed Trump folded to a certain extent.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 03:19 PM - Post#1702959    

In response to PuckRogue

Who writes for SPLC?

Maybe I'm numb from abstracting depositions all day, But I couldn't follow the author's prose.

I'll give it another read after a nice long run.

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 03:46 PM - Post#1702961    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
Who writes for SPLC?

Maybe I'm numb from abstracting depositions all day, But I couldn't follow the author's prose.

-PR

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 04:01 PM - Post#1702962    

In response to PuckRogue

Trump press conference today was a fucking disgrace...

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 05:29 PM - Post#1702964    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:

But the alt=left was charging at the poor defenseless nazis with clubs!

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 05:59 PM - Post#1702965    

In response to foolish

The Left Playbook: we absolutely justify violence if it's what we deem a good cause.

Today's "punch a Nazi" target is an actual Nazi.

Tomorrow it may be the old lady who asks us to stop swearing in front of her granddaughter.

It's amazing what lines can get blurred when you cower and give "a cause" an inch.

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Total Posts: 1404
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 06:00 PM - Post#1702966    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:

Let me fix that for you: Trump press conference today was a fucking disgrace

I will use his own words. He actually said this:

" I've condemned neo-Nazis. I have condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee. And you look at some of the groups and you see—you know it if you are honest reporters, which in many cases you are not. But many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. So, this week it's Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. Is it George Washington next week and is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop? But they were there to protest—excuse me. You take a look the night before. They were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee."

And later, again . . . "You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group—excuse me. Excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down—excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington?"

The "people the night before", were out with torches and swastikas chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil," a phrase invoking the Nazi philosophy of "Blut und Boden."

What the FUCK is wrong with our President that he has to go WAY out of his way to draw moral equivalence between FUCKING NEO-NAZIS and people fighting the neo nazis??!
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." -- John Wooden

Edited by ChiBoyinLA on 08-15-17 06:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 06:03 PM - Post#1702967    

• Badlands92 Said:

Tomorrow it may be the old lady who asks us to stop swearing in front of her granddaughter.

No, you apologist. Today's targets are actual neo-Nazis. Period. End Stop.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 15893
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 06:15 PM - Post#1702968    

• Badlands92 Said:
The Left Playbook: we absolutely justify violence if it's what we deem a good cause.

It's amazing what lines can get blurred when you cower and give "a cause" an inch.

Wow.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 06:44 PM - Post#1702969    

In response to haymaker36

The absolute BEST press conference in the past century, BAR NONE.

TRUMP = MAGA!!!!!

stockfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 07:16 PM - Post#1702970    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

Wow.

Wow indeed.

Pretty disgusting that he's right.

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 07:22 PM - Post#1702971    

In response to stockfan

I live in california, i am hiding in my house, the white racists going to try and steal all my shit, and hurt my family!!!

TRU, just ask alt left.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 07:40 PM - Post#1702973    

In response to stockfan

I am having a hard time understanding how a group called "Unite the Right" would enlist (in this case) real Nazi's and white supremacists.

What benefit is there to any political party to be tied to these mouth-breathing inbred douche-nozzles?

My spidey sense is heightened.

I don't doubt for a minute that there were actual Nazis at this "rally."

I would like to know who was behind the "Unite the Right" group.

And yes, I find them reprehensible.

I also find anarchists and communists reprehensible.

As should any sensible American.

It's not a false equivalency to place blame on both sides.

It's just having good old common sense and the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time.

The whole Charlottesville "protest" seems awfully convenient and more than a little contrived.

- K. Perry

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 07:43 PM - Post#1702974    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Kanrok Said:
Who writes for SPLC?

-PR

LOL.

She edited the piece.

- K. Perry

ChiBoyinLA
all star
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 07:45 PM - Post#1702975    

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/450506/donald...

Donald Trump Just Gave the Press Conference of the Alt-Right’s Dreams

by DAVID FRENCH August 15, 2017 5:55 PM

Let’s be very clear about what just happened at Donald Trump’s press conference. He gave the alt-right its greatest national media moment ever. He even called some of them “very fine people.” Don’t believe me? Watch this key statement:

(link): https://twitter.com/ABC/status/8975552675 87461121

Here’s the quote:

• Quote:
Trump: [Inaudible.] You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me — I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

To understand the significance of Trump’s words, you have to understand a bit about the alt-right. While its members certainly march with Nazis and make common cause with neo-Confederates, it views itself as something different. They’re the “intellectual” adherents to white identity politics. They believe their movement is substantially different and more serious than the Klansmen of days past. When Trump carves them away from the Nazis and distinguishes them from the neo-Confederates, he’s doing exactly what they want. He’s making them respectable. He’s making them different.

But “very fine people” don’t march with tiki torches chanting “blood and soil” or “Jews will not replace us.” The Charlottesville rally was a specific “unite the right” rally that sought to bind the alt-right together with all these other groups. The alt-right wants it both ways. They want the strength in numbers of the larger fascist right while also enjoying the credibility granted them by Breitbart, Steve Bannon, Milo, and — today — the president of the United States.

The most pernicious forms of evil always mix truth and lies. So, yes, there were kernels of truth in some of Trump’s statements. No question there were hateful, violent leftists in Charlottesville this weekend. And on the question of monuments, Trump is right to point out the lack of a limiting principle. We already know that some on the Left have their eyes set on demolishing or removing monuments and memorials that have nothing to do with the Confederacy, but all that pales in importance compared to his stubborn and angry attempts not just at moral equivalence (after all, no one on the Left committed murder this weekend) but at actually whitewashing evil.

What makes this all the more puzzling is that it is so easy to say the right thing here. Do not call anyone at a racist rally a ”very fine” person. It’s not hard to name and condemn an act of alt-right terrorism. It’s not hard to name and condemn the alt-right without equivocation. And it’s not hard to also condemn political violence on all sides. If you think Trump did those things, and sent the right message to the racists, think again. Alt-right Twitter overflowed with gratitude. Richard Spencer declared that Trump “cares about the truth,” and others complimented him for his “uncucking.” This jubilant tweet from David Duke says it all:

• Quote:
David Duke @DrDavidDuke Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa

Donald Trump loves people who love him, and the vile and vicious alt-right has loved him from the beginning. Today, he loved them right back.

Baldridge
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 08:11 PM - Post#1702976    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

It's fascinating to see Fox hosts infighting over this. Dana Pierno and Charles Krauthamer have broken away from the right wing brainwashing/bullshit...

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-15-17 08:12 PM - Post#1702977    

In response to ChiBoyinLA

I don't really think that quoting David Duke does much for your argument.

He also lauded Keith Ellison when it was announced he was looking to chair the DNC.

Why? Because Duke believes Ellison is anti-Semitic.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/13/da...

Strange world we live in.

- K. Perry

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
89 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 88 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Niger" with 45 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.625 seconds.   Total Queries: 1556   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:19 PM