hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 13 <2345>» Last
Username Post: Race Relations        (Topic#549262)
PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36679
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:05 AM - Post#1702839    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • Kanrok Said:
The far right and the far left have three things in common.

They are both reprehensible, violent and anti-Semitic.

Agreed.....

The only problem is that a couple of them are in White House....

Like who?

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:09 AM - Post#1702840    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

You can't reason with hate-filled idiots in a mob situation.

What could they have done? They're outnumbered. You can't arrest people for maybe doing something tomorrow.

This is where we slip right into limiting the rights of idiots because they're idiots, which isn't what the country is about.

-PR

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13618
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 10:53 AM - Post#1702844    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
You can't read? I said that race relations got worse under Obama. A black president. How the fuck is that possible?

I didn't blame him for anything going on over the last two days.

The topic wasn't specifically about anything going on now, it was about "race relations".

One of the specific reasons that HRC isn't president is because AA's didn't show up at the polls like they did for Barry and a lot of that has to be hopelessness. What got better for them under a best-case-scenario?

One of the specific reasons that Trump is president is that people were sick and tired of riots and BLM and all their bullshit.

Cops may not be helping, but cops are not the fucking problem in the inner cities.

Antifa has been pulling this bullshit for months, now...where was your post about them?

Hatred begets hatred. The media has everyone whipped up into a fury and the very conscious of the nation is suffering for it.

Do I think Trump and some of his rhetoric is responsible for these recent events? Yes. Do I think he's to blame for shitty race relations and a feeling of hopelessness? Hell no.

People need to stop with the fucking hate. On every side. Stop with the anger with everything Trump does.

A local news station recently posted a story about how Trump was calling for a State of Emergency for opiod abuse...and people were fucking criticizing him for it. What. The. Fuck.

-PR

Excellent post. When Po gets in his "I want to fight the world" moods, there's no reasoning with him. He's a self-loathing, very unhappy person. You were good to try to explain reason to him.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 11:16 AM - Post#1702846    

In response to Badlands92

I think Po is taking the words of some of his friends to heart. While I certainly can't criticize that, I don't agree that cops are the problem.

-PR

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31703
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 11:45 AM - Post#1702848    

In response to PuckRogue

Badlands, what do I personally gain for standing up for what is right? I have tons of cops in my family. I also have lots of liberals. It's a good mix.

But none of you ever talk about the insane levels of corruption and brutality we've seen in this new social media era. Maybe there was something to the inner city's discontent? Just maybe?

You've quick to jump and criticize liberal SJWs, though.

Always one-sided between you two.

I don't feel white guilt. I feel personal guilt for some of the things I have personally done in my life. I hope I am making up for some if it these days.

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 12:03 PM - Post#1702849    

In response to Posux

Who has suggested you NOT stand up for what you believe is right? Heck, keep pointing out the corruption and bad deeds by police - I support rooting out those bad apples as much as you do.

If more of your posts were like the one above, and less calling people you disagree with Nazis, you'd be taken a little more seriously around here.

Whatever you feel guilty about, and whatever steps you are taking to atone for your sins, is between you and your creator. Just don't bring that angry nonsense here and try to demonize everyone you disagree with. It's sophomoric.

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10432
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 12:52 PM - Post#1702851    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

The KKK retards showed up ready for a fight, and again local PD had ZERO idea how to control it.

What could they have done? They're outnumbered. You can't arrest people for maybe doing something tomorrow.

This is where we slip right into limiting the rights of idiots because they're idiots, which isn't what the country is about.

-PR

In respect to manpower, if the KKK is showing up, (black lives matter as well) all cities should be ready to have a national guard presence on had, it is not going to get any better.

All Guard units have a short call list, and can get the bodies really fast for such a situation.

You do have a good point on rights, but local authorities need to have a plan to get enough bodies onsite, to help with keeping the peace.

Edited by HEAVYWEIGHT on 08-13-17 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Peatycap
Total Posts: 29890
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:08 PM - Post#1702852    

White nationalists, KKK, Antifa, BLM, and Muslim brotherhood can all get together and beat the hell out of each other.

If you aren't a part of one of those extremist organizations, stay far away.

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31703
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 01:17 PM - Post#1702854    

In response to Badlands92

• Badlands92 Said:
Who has suggested you NOT stand up for what you believe is right? Heck, keep pointing out the corruption and bad deeds by police - I support rooting out those bad apples as much as you do.

If more of your posts were like the one above, and less calling people you disagree with Nazis, you'd be taken a little more seriously around here.

Whatever you feel guilty about, and whatever steps you are taking to atone for your sins, is between you and your creator. Just don't bring that angry nonsense here and try to demonize everyone you disagree with. It's sophomoric.

I hear you but it angers me that people don't realize their hypocritical ways. Especially you. I never see you commenting on police corruption yet you hate it and want it stopped. Why?

It took me prodding you to denounce OReilly yet you are so quick to denounce many others on the left.

Don't you have any self-awareness about this?

I don't protest. I hate violent protestors whether they are black or white. I hate Pelosi as much as I hate Ryan. I cringed voting for Hillary.

I donate my time and money to cop and vets groups. Love our military.

Getting any of this?

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:44 PM - Post#1702857    

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:
  • HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
  • Posux Said:
So how is that going?

-PR

In respect to manpower, if the KKK is showing up, (black lives matter as well) all cities should be ready to have a national guard presence on had, it is not going to get any better.

All Guard units have a short call list, and can get the bodies really fast for such a situation.

You do have a good point on rights, but local authorities need to have a plan to get enough bodies onsite, to help with keeping the peace.

I totally agree, but get the feeling that throwing the NG in there is a huge escalation of possible violence. I'm sure that's why that's not common.

-PR

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 02:49 PM - Post#1702858    

In response to PuckRogue

Po,

Surely you understand that your constant criticisms of the right may only mirror those of the majority here.

Outside of Stevie, ovenrat and sometimes Heavy, we don't have many "foaming at the mouth" right wingers here.

This isn't a women's tennis message board. Most of the guys here are going to be conservative types and, yes, you're going to get a lot of the same opinions.

I'm pretty sure that the only thing we disagree on is that police "corruption" that drastically effects 1 out of every 10,000,000 officer/citizen interactions is some kind of rampant plague. I just don't see it and I'm sure it better than it's ever been. This kind of thing will never be perfect when dealing with humanity.

-PR

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10432
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:11 PM - Post#1702861    

In response to PuckRogue

CNN- huffingpuffingcompost headlines:

THREE DEAD AT WHITE RACIST RALLY IN NC. (perfect example of yellow journalism)

Two donald trump supporters wearing MAGA hats, used a military rocket launcher to shoot down a police helicopter KILLING TWO.

unnamed sources witnessed a black presidential limousine pull up to the crowd and pull out something from the trunk. As the crowd of KKK, nazi and REPUBLICAN voters moved away, a man with a MAGA hat fired the rocket launcher striking the heli, in the engine, causing it to crash in a violent explosion.

As cameras moved to the right, you could see the fox news camera crew jumping and cheering the crash, and host Sean Hannity was there shaking hands with the culprits.

Where is rev Jackson, when YOU NEED HIM, more at 6- CNN.

Badlands92
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:56 PM - Post#1702863    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:

I hear you but it angers me that people don't realize their hypocritical ways. Especially you. I never see you commenting on police corruption yet you hate it and want it stopped. Why?

It took me prodding you to denounce OReilly yet you are so quick to denounce many others on the left.

Don't you have any self-awareness about this?

I don't protest. I hate violent protestors whether they are black or white. I hate Pelosi as much as I hate Ryan. I cringed voting for Hillary.

I donate my time and money to cop and vets groups. Love our military.

Getting any of this?

The problem is that everyone has to denounce people on your watch. You have this mindset that no one can criticize Person A if they haven't already criticized Person B. In theory I get what you are saying, but it's a flawed logic. It falls into the ugly world of "whataboutisms".

I'm a pretty logical and rational person, and find these neo-Nazis and white supremacists detestable. The majority of prominent conservative figures - social media personalities, politicians, authors, etc - have come out with strong statements condemning the mess in VA. Trump should have condemned the white nationalist movement by name (it still wouldn't have satisfied the rabid left).

Here's why I feel strongly proud of being conservative: when 200-300 racist white assholes come together, 90% of the right strongly denounces them.

When anti-Semites like Keith Ellison, or pro-Sharia Linda Sarsour, or racist BLM or violent Antifa do their thing, the left not only doesn't denounce, they embrace them. Identity politics is a disgusting, dishonest and vile business. There are some bad apples on the right, but the whole left bushel is rotten to the fucking core. How more people don't see (aka admit) that is beyond me.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20744
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 03:58 PM - Post#1702864    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:
White nationalists, KKK, Antifa, BLM, and Muslim brotherhood can all get together and beat the hell out of each other.

If you aren't a part of one of those extremist organizations, stay far away.

If we can protect the innocent, I would love to see the nazis and the communists fight each other on pay for view.

Win-win!
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11647
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-13-17 04:52 PM - Post#1702867    

In response to Kanrok

I actually feel bad for the police in these situations. It's a no win....

Seattle is about to blow...
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28905
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 12:33 PM - Post#1702888    

In response to Baldridge

Anyone find it funny that the Anti-Fascists are Fascist?

The Press never called Obama out on this and didn't demand that he call incidents Terrorism that we're a lot more egregious than this.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 12:44 PM - Post#1702890    

In response to Johnny_Upton

I always thought that the "Obama won't call out radical Islam" or "Obama won't call out BLM" arguments were stupid, as is this garbage with Trump.

There's a Presidential (and common sense) playbook somewhere that says "fanning the flames of hatred only begets more hatred", so you decry the event, not the perpetrators.

While I do agree that some of Trump's rhetoric has emboldened these assholes, I vehemently disagree with all of those who I've recently seen suggest that this is a resurgence of the Nazi political party...

This is 200 angry, stupid assholes who have been doing these rallies at least every year since forever. The difference with this event is that the media gave it full attention based on their desire to blame Trump for it.

There are literally people on Twitter and FB who are afraid that this is the next big thing and saying shit like "we defeated you once..." and bringing up gas chambers. These aren't Nazis with political pull and an army, these guys have no more power than the KKK or La Raza or the Black Panthers. They're just angry, stupid assholes that 99% of Americans would never support in any way.

-PR

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2867
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:00 PM - Post#1702892    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
I always thought that the "Obama won't call out radical Islam" or "Obama won't call out BLM" arguments were stupid, as is this garbage with Trump.

There's a Presidential (and common sense) playbook somewhere that says "fanning the flames of hatred only begets more hatred", so you decry the event, not the perpetrators.

While I do agree that some of Trump's rhetoric has emboldened these assholes, I vehemently disagree with all of those who I've recently seen suggest that this is a resurgence of the Nazi political party...

This is 200 angry, stupid assholes who have been doing these rallies at least every year since forever. The difference with this event is that the media gave it full attention based on their desire to blame Trump for it.

There are literally people on Twitter and FB who are afraid that this is the next big thing and saying shit like "we defeated you once..." and bringing up gas chambers. These aren't Nazis with political pull and an army, these guys have no more power than the KKK or La Raza or the Black Panthers. They're just angry, stupid assholes that 99% of Americans would never support in any way.

-PR

I tend to agree with most of this. I do have a little concern that those 200 angry, stupid assholes seem to be becoming a larger and more open fixture at all conservative rallies (we had 70 year old women doing the hell Hitler salute at recent trump rallies here).

Trump's response was less definitive than I would have liked to have seen, and there was way too much spin and deflect from the conservatives in my social sphere (you probably saw my FB feed), but overall I was really impressed with how some of the right spoke out. I don't often like any thing Ted Cruz does, but this time he nailed it, as did many others.

All that said, those folks who required Obama to say "islamic terrorism" rather than "terrorism" should require Trump to say "white supremacists". I'm sticking with "Christian terrorism".... but only cuz it drives my trolly conservative buddies nuts.

Peatycap
Total Posts: 29890
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:23 PM - Post#1702893    

In response to foolish

Trump names KKK, white nationalists, etc. Doesn't name Antifa, BLM, etc.

Left's response... too late.

My take... late... but he did it and gives a foundation to move forward. Better than Obama who wouldn't say radical Islamic terrorism and Hillary who supported BLMs.

Sessions doing what's right too.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 28905
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-14-17 01:28 PM - Post#1702894    

In response to foolish

You mean like denouncing “the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”?

You want to compare this to say the Ft Hood shooting and Obama's & the Press response?

Both fringe groups are shitbags, but to try ans claim that the Press handling of these incidents are anything similar, is disingenuous at best.
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Page 2 of 13 <2345>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
52 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 51 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Barcelona Attack" with 16 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.313 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 02:57 AM