hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Does Cam Russell Have A Win Over Twist??        (Topic#549269)
CRussell
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5122
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-16-17 01:41 PM - Post#1703039    

Discuss and debate!!!

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29386
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-16-17 09:39 PM - Post#1703086    

In response to CRussell

Russell>>preRoid twist
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

CRussell
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5122
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 08:58 AM - Post#1703101    

In response to Johnny_Upton

Honestly I don't know how it should be called. Looks like Cam got jumped. Camera zooms in after some early Twist shots. Cam looks like he landed a good left at the end. Twist reacts to the punch and Cam uses the momentum for the take down.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 12036
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
08-17-17 10:34 AM - Post#1703111    

In response to CRussell

Actually, I always think of Twist in three phases.....

Young Twist. Really made a name himself in the minors and 1st stint with Blues....

Thin Twist/Nordique Twist. He did have some nice wins but much like Domi as a Jet, he just didn't seem as tough...

Lastly, Vitamin Twist. Clearly was the strongest/toughest guy in the league until Laraque came along.....
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

Blues 34
superstar
Total Posts: 2681
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-08-17 01:48 AM - Post#1703866    

In response to Baldridge

From that clip it wasn't really clear who won to me! It looks like Twist may have lost his balance twice but I don't think anyone landed anything big
Take the shortest route to the puck and arive there in Ill Humor

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13795
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-06-18 03:55 PM - Post#1710135    

In response to Blues 34

My buddy Corson, who saw this thread and who I keep in touch with, wanted me to point out that Russell is actually fighting Tom Karalis of Peoria, but points out Peluso and Twist went twice in the playoffs in 1990 in the IHL.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Giz
legend
Total Posts: 10142
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-06-18 05:55 PM - Post#1710137    

In response to johnz

Looks like he's right. The fight with Tom Karalis happened on April 18, 1990.

There doesn't appear to be any sign of Twist and Russell having a proper fight in the IHL or the NHL.

johnz
legend
Total Posts: 13795
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
02-06-18 08:14 PM - Post#1710143    

In response to Giz

1st time I see this thread- there’s no way Cam Russell at any stage of his career, pounds Twister as that video suggested. Even before his supposed Steroid phase, Twist was a dam good fighter, and would destroy or at least beat Russell- especially early on.

Cam didn’t really even develop into an above average fighter until his last year and a half with the Hawks. Always one of the gutsiest players ever- so I’m a big admirer of Russell- he’d fight Dave Brown, Tie Domi or Donald Brashear in their primes and not even bat an eye- and being severely ourskilled and out powered as a fighter. When Russell
Was young he beat Kimble and Kordic as 2 fights that stick with me because I was shocked he won. And the Kordic fight was more of a moral victory and that he didn’t get beat as he did in round 1. Had a lot of highlight film fights where he’d take a licking and answer back, but that was more against the Paul Kruz’s And Kastelic’s of the world, not guys like Twist.

Not a knock on Cam- as I said Ill always appreciate what he gave the Hawks, which was everything he had- but dominating a Tony Twist isn’t reality.
"Pitching is really just an internal struggle between pitcher and his stuff. If my curve ball is breaking and I'm throwing it where I want, the batter is irrelevant." - Steve Stone

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
102 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 99 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "The Gifts that Keep on Giving" with 23 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.156 seconds.   Total Queries: 162   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 01:41 PM