hockey-fights.com
 Page 3 of 3 All« First<123
Username Post: Justifying ending DACA        (Topic#549306)
Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10343
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

09-08-17 04:25 PM - Post#1703898    

In response to foolish

Plenty of Dems like war games. It isn't just righties. Although it is an easy, lazy way of differentiation among the two.

Just sayin'

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34529
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-08-17 05:05 PM - Post#1703900    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
I think you're mixing your metaphors here. My objection to your previous post was that you were counting sins of the parent against the child. Being here illegally is a civil offense, not criminal.

The criminal offense is crossing the border illegally. If someone's parents crossed illegally when the kid was 2, are you REALLY holding the 2 year old responsible for that crime? Do you really support expulsion for that child-now-adult now that they've lived here for 25 years when we offer no actual mechanism to grant the right to stay? If DJTs actions force the handoff congress and a legal mechanism is built to allow the dreamers to get real status, and they choose not to, chuck them, but to expel someone for a civil offense for which they had no reasonable recourse to avoid, is excessive. And don't give me the "they don't have rights" bullshit, you know that isn't true.

They don't have American constitutional rights. These are for actual American citizens. Go tell Mexico you have "a right" to do whatever you need to do in their country. All it will get you is a beating. America is the only country that the left thinks should be giving everybody everything, including America constitutional rights. It's basically ridiculous.

Finally, the post you quoted me in was related to birthright citizenship. Which is something I'm fine with removing. It has nothing to do with DACA.

DACA is simply an administrative extension of birthright. Giving a 30-year-old an excuse for waking up in America courtesy of an illegal parent, instead of an infant.

There is nothing your ilk can do to really enrage me. Though simple minded, conservatives who think war and prisons are the answer to everything sadden me greatly.

I don't recall ever saying this...

edit: just noticed I used the f-word in my previous post a few times. Looks angry. Wasn't angry. Get your point though. Its kinda nice to have you back.

You're always angry and mean to me lol.

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3001
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-08-17 06:03 PM - Post#1703901    

In response to NYRfan

Constitutional rights are not limited to citizens or even legal residents. Thats a fact. I promise. I should know. I'm not a citizen and I can carry a weapon or mouth off and expect due process. Though I would highly recommend that we introduce law to require people to prove citizenship (with appropriate photo ID) to purchase weapons... though the NRA won't like it.

Re: the second point - that 30 year old came across as a child, and was never extended an opportunity for citizenship. Most visas would also be off-limits as they require an entry to the country. the 30 year old is already in the country, they can't leave to get their visa. There is no real option for them.

I will be nicer to you, my little snowflake lol.

HEAVYWEIGHT
legend
Total Posts: 10505
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-08-17 07:43 PM - Post#1703906    

In response to foolish

Allow all 1 million DACA KIDS TO be legalized Americans.

BEFORE that, secure the border 100%, can we all AGREE?

This takes a bit from both sides, but at the end of the day, WE ALL WIN.

DaveRichterfan
all star
Total Posts: 2194
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-09-17 10:15 AM - Post#1703919    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
Allow all 1 million DACA KIDS TO be legalized Americans. yet continue to enforce the stipulation regarding criminal acts! Also, no new DACA "entrants". If both parents are illegal, ship them ALL out

This takes a bit from both sides, but at the end of the day, WE ALL WIN.And creating a clear path to citizenship following DJT recent EO regarding immigrants abilities to support themselves or contribute to the overall society. America must get it's own house in order first before we can resume a more "relaxed" standard.

Where's the money Lebowski?

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34529
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-09-17 11:52 PM - Post#1703931    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
Constitutional rights are not limited to citizens or even legal residents. Thats a fact. I promise. I should know. I'm not a citizen and I can carry a weapon or mouth off and expect due process. Though I would highly recommend that we introduce law to require people to prove citizenship (with appropriate photo ID) to purchase weapons... though the NRA won't like it.

Re: the second point - that 30 year old came across as a child, and was never extended an opportunity for citizenship. Most visas would also be off-limits as they require an entry to the country. the 30 year old is already in the country, they can't leave to get their visa. There is no real option for them.

I will be nicer to you, my little snowflake lol.

I agree to a small degree in that the constitution, as a conceptual framework that limits the govt more than it grants things to citizens, does in fact keep the govt from denying ANYONE in the US from being denied the second amendment. Even non-citizens.

The GOVT can not take rights like that away, from any person, in America.

However, people can't just show up from Mexico or anywhere else, and start demanding their "piece of the pie".

The constitution doesn't hand out stuff like you want it to. Thus, foreigners can't just demand various tangible things and announce it's their "pursuit of happiness" because they wandered over a border.

Sorry. There are countries, they have citizens, they create laws to give stuff go their citizens, but not to everyone on the planet. Regardless of endless liberal mental gymnastics.

People from other countries get what their countries are offering. If you want American free stuff, become an actual American citizen.

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3001
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-10-17 03:49 PM - Post#1703941    

In response to HEAVYWEIGHT

• HEAVYWEIGHT Said:
Allow all 1 million DACA KIDS TO be legalized Americans.

This takes a bit from both sides, but at the end of the day, WE ALL WIN.

I'd agree, but I'm not sure if a 100% secured border is even possible without becoming a isolated country like NK. If you mean building the wall and creating groups to actually track visa holders and those whose visas have expired, I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

Especially if you threw in (or DJT throws in) a reasonable path to legal residency for folks who just want to work hard and raise the families in a better place.

Page 3 of 3 All« First<123
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
95 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 94 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 146   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 05:49 PM