hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Who is into cars?        (Topic#549315)
Cotton
Total Posts: 27914
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-09-17 01:43 AM - Post#1703915    

I would say my primary hobby and interest is cars now. Has been for a few years now. I pretty much only use FB for car related stuff.

I have my project Subaru SVX that I take up a lot of my time and I have been learning how to work on them. I have always had an interest in cars, but I never really worked on them until the last year or so. It's very rewarding to learn this stuff.

Is anyone else a gear head?
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29003
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-09-17 10:15 PM - Post#1703930    

In response to Cotton

Spend way too much time on Bring a Trailer

Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Hannibal
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9839
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-17 10:38 AM - Post#1703998    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
I would say my primary hobby and interest is cars now. Has been for a few years now. I pretty much only use FB for car related stuff.

I have my project Subaru SVX that I take up a lot of my time and I have been learning how to work on them. I have always had an interest in cars, but I never really worked on them until the last year or so. It's very rewarding to learn this stuff.

Is anyone else a gear head?

I'm definitely into cars but with family obligations - I've moved on from them in a large way.

Have owned and worked on a couple cars I loved but have since sold:

1. 2001 Camaro SS - built up with heads/cam/rear and all the supporting odds and ends (all N/A). Ran consistent low 11's (best of 11.01) in the 1/4 at around 123-125mph. Was a BEAST on the street in my street racing days.

2. 2009 Pontiac G8 GT - tweaked this a little as I wanted to keep it tame but I loved that car. Big motor in a sporty 4-door. VERY VERY rare. Owned it for about 2-3 years and actually sold it for more than what I purchased it for.

Now, I don't tinker with much as both our cars are daily drivers. I got the diesel truck and with emission laws, I don't want to mess with it much - nor do I want to take anything away from its reliability.

I do have to ask ...... you're a big dude. What drew you to the Scooby? I'd have to imagine it's a pretty cramped ride. And what are you doing with it? You modding it or simply learning how to work on it yourself vs. paying a mechanic?

Barney who?

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 2966
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-17 12:12 PM - Post#1704006    

In response to Hannibal

Wish I could spend more time on cars. Grew up fooling around with cars all the time. Played around in adulthood until I got a Porsche 911. An amateur has no place touching that engine. Got rid of that and now I drive a 2005 Mini Cooper John Cooper Works that is lightly modified (intake, brake systems, replacing wear parts with better stuff as required) and far faster and more fun than the 911 ever was.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
125 Online Now
3 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 121 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.109 seconds.   Total Queries: 101   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:05 PM