hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 10 <2345>» Last
Username Post: It's a "New York thing"        (Topic#549455)
Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20992
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 10:30 AM - Post#1705167    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
  • Kanrok Said:
  • ChiBoyinLA Said:
I thought that the ability to entice young actresses into bed was the main perk of being a big-time Hollywood producer.

Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn’t consider whacking off into a potted plant in front of an unwilling female to be a perk.

I mean, to each his own. You Catholics and your morals...

I'm a creepophobe.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10277
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-10-17 10:47 AM - Post#1705170    

In response to Kanrok

Many, many statements coming to the fore.

We have the Judi Dench and Meryl Streep camp.

We have the Donna Karan camp.

We have the fleeing political figures camp.

And then we have the Clintons and Obamas camp.

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 13421
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 11:07 AM - Post#1705172    

In response to Pete

Yeah, this is absolute carnage. And I mean severe carnage.

And I totally call b******* on Meryl Streep. How the hell did she not know? And wasn't this the same woman who stood up and applauded when somebody said it's time to bring Roman Polanski back to the United States?

If Jessica Chastain knew, God bless her for speaking out (regardless of political stripes), then Meryl Streep heard something. And if she didn't, it was probably because everybody knew she wouldn't have had any of it anyways.

Edited by Canucko29 on 10-10-17 11:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 11:36 AM - Post#1705173    

In response to Canucko29

Remember during the #Oscarssowhite year, Lady Gaga came out and performed Till it Happens to You, Joe Biden came out and spoke out against campus rape culture, and every single Hollywood actor and bigwig stood up and gave him a standing ovation while he put out that message. Thinking back to that day relative to recent events, what an atrocious evening. Bunch of grade A f****** hypocrites.

Edited by Canucko29 on 10-10-17 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Peatycap
Total Posts: 29996
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 11:42 AM - Post#1705177    

In response to Canucko29

Rose McGowan tore Damon and Clooney new assholes.

Ahh... Hollywood. The biggest glass house in America.

Jobu
superstar
Total Posts: 4022
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 11:57 AM - Post#1705178    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
Remember during the #Oscarssowhite year, Lady Gaga came out and performed Till it Happens to You, Joe Biden came out and spoke out against campus rape culture, and every single Hollywood actor and bigwig stood up and gave him a standing ovation while he put out that message. Thinking back to that day relative to recent events, what an atrocious evening. Bunch of grade A f****** hypocrites.

Campus rape culture? What the fuck does that even mean?
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 11:57 AM - Post#1705179    

In response to Peatycap

I really don't think this is over by a long shot. Quentin Tarantino is really good friends with Harvey Weinstein. In fact Rose McGowan starred in a Quentin Tarantino movie well after those allegations first took place in 1997.

In fact, what I find troubling, even as a huge fan of his movies in the 90s, is the amount of actresses who were connected to Tarantino. Particularly, Rose McGowan and Rosanna Arquette.

Was a huge fan of Russell Crowe until yesterday. Heck, I even liked Matt Damon's acting.

I find this appalling and disappointing at the same time as a person who loves movies, even if this decade has produced the least impressive retrospective of any decade in my lifetime. There are some real f****** jackoffs in that industry.

I'm not even about to politicize this, I will definitely support Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd in seeking a just outcome to all of this. How many other assholes are there like Harvey Weinstein who have been protected? That's what I would like to know.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 12:03 PM - Post#1705180    

In response to Jobu

• Jobu Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

This is around the time that the Rolling Stone released a damaging article that ruined a Dean's career at UVA for not doing enough to prevent a campus rape culture based on a case where the allegations were made up and the Rolling Stone was eventually forced to retract.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/deepdive/how-ret racted-...

It was a big story for a long time until all these allegations that were being made were found to be false and most of the data claiming women were being raped on campus at a record rate was being debunked continuously by researchers interested in the issue. But, leave it to politics and politicians to jump on the issue in order to score political points with their voters by throwing a whole segment of society, college age males, under the bus for the sake of social justice.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 20992
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 12:18 PM - Post#1705181    

In response to Canucko29

I seem to recall that Corey Feldman made some accusations a couple of years ago about rampant pedophilia in Hollywood.

His problem was that he didn’t name names.

I wonder how much truth there is to that rumor?
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:02 PM - Post#1705184    

In response to Kanrok

Paltrow and Angelina have come forward now.

Just how many Hollywood elitists covered this up for him? Like I said, biggest groupthink in the U.S.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/10/angelina-j olie-g...

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:13 PM - Post#1705185    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:
Paltrow and Angelina have come forward now.

Just how many Hollywood elitists covered this up for him? Like I said, biggest groupthink in the U.S.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/10/angelina-j olie-g...

This is really exploding. Brad Pitt apparently confronted Harvey Weinstein about this as he was dating Gwyneth Paltrow and of course he was married to Angelina Jolie. Yet even he never seem to break ties with him ( Inglorious Basterds was also Weinstein production).

Gwyneth Paltrow's accusations are actually quite damning. She basically says that she was expected to keep silent on it all of these years.

This has shades of the Catholic Church cover up where people were simply expected to keep their mouths shut. It'll be very interesting to see what happens to some of these a-listers who were involved in keeping these allegations from ever coming out.

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17151
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:24 PM - Post#1705186    

In response to Canucko29

Well, Lorne Michaels is not from New York - let me make that perfectly clear.

He wouldn't know what a "New York Thing" is if it hit him in the face, and covering up a douchebag's sex crimes is definitely not part of whatever a New York Thing is, or would be.
"This is an island surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

Posux
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 31850
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:37 PM - Post#1705187    

In response to Fotiu

And still, none of the FC hypocrites called out their hero DT for all of the sexist behavior. Tons of excuses from the group though. Peaty is really angry, though. And it’s funny that you assume that everyone knew about all of this. We actually have proof on tape from Trump and you guys won’t utter a word about DT. Worse than the Hollywood lot.

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:42 PM - Post#1705188    

In response to Posux

So a few words is worse than the sexual assault of numerous women... got ya.

And you want proof? Did you not listen to the audio of Weinstein coercing a woman into watching him shower? So fucking gross.

The fact that you're even attempting to compare the two is disgusting... you sound like an enabler yourself. No surprise, Hollywood.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34296
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:43 PM - Post#1705189    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
  • Jobu Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

This is around the time that the Rolling Stone released a damaging article that ruined a Dean's career at UVA for not doing enough to prevent a campus rape culture based on a case where the allegations were made up and the Rolling Stone was eventually forced to retract.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/deepdive/how-ret racted-...

It was a big story for a long time until all these allegations that were being made were found to be false and most of the data claiming women were being raped on campus at a record rate was being debunked continuously by researchers interested in the issue. But, leave it to politics and politicians to jump on the issue in order to score political points with their voters by throwing a whole segment of society, college age males, under the bus for the sake of social justice.

I think the tagline / buzzword / catchphrase was something like "19 out of 20 female students is raped during college". Something highly respectable like that.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34296
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:45 PM - Post#1705190    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
I seem to recall that Corey Feldman made some accusations a couple of years ago about rampant pedophilia in Hollywood.

His problem was that he didn’t name names.

I wonder how much truth there is to that rumor?

Supposedly he had the goods that would destroy everything. Also something about Corey Haim and how it contributed to his death.

If that comes out, it's probably game over.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:46 PM - Post#1705191    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
And still, none of the FC hypocrites called out their hero DT for all of the sexist behavior. Tons of excuses from the group though. Peaty is really angry, though. And it’s funny that you assume that everyone knew about all of this. We actually have proof on tape from Trump and you guys won’t utter a word about DT. Worse than the Hollywood lot.

Words aren't actions. And as far as I'm concerned, nobody condoned what he said except to say that Hillary Clinton attacking the accusers of Bill Clinton's escapades was probably a lot worse.

What are your thoughts about the culture that created Harvey Weinstein? Are you going to sit here and deflect or are you going to actually speak about some of this crap we're hearing.

Gwyneth Paltrow just said you weren't expected to talk about this stuff. That sounds a hell of a lot to me like what happened with the Catholic Church.

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:50 PM - Post#1705193    

In response to Canucko29

Deflect? It’s terrible behavior and he should be put in jail. But do you think this is just Hollywood? Really? I know it makes all of you guys giggle but this behavior was/ is a part of many industries. It’s like pinning child molestation on just Catholics.

I am glad that the mighty are falling in my town, that’s for sure.

Peatycap
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:52 PM - Post#1705196    

In response to Posux

• Posux Said:
Deflect? It’s terrible behavior and he should be put in jail. But do you think this is just Hollywood? Really? I know it makes all of you guys giggle but this behavior was/ is a part of many industries. It’s like pinning child molestation on just Catholics.

I am glad that the mighty are falling in my town, that’s for sure.

You deflected again...

Posux
Senior Vet
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-10-17 01:55 PM - Post#1705197    

In response to Peatycap

• Peatycap Said:
So a few words is worse than the sexual assault of numerous women... got ya.

And you want proof? Did you not listen to the audio of Weinstein coercing a woman into watching him shower? So fucking gross.

The fact that you're even attempting to compare the two is disgusting... you sound like an enabler yourself. No surprise, Hollywood.

I never said the two are equal. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just want to know why you guys are silent when we have proof against someone you admire and you are huge holier than though types when you hate the person being in the news.

Harvey’s actions are not comparable to what Trump did.

Not the point.

Seems like you are the enabler of this culture. Is that how you want your kids to handle this type of talk from Trump? Silence?

Page 2 of 10 <2345>» Last
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
108 Online Now
1 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 106 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is ""Past Presidents Never Called Families"" with 30 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.344 seconds.   Total Queries: 343   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:39 AM