hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: "Past Presidents Never Called Families"        (Topic#549486)
irish_66
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9180
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 07:28 AM - Post#1705421    

To those on the right (and please dont mention how bad Obama was-he was!). A simple question. I talked my stepson this morning who literally had one of his best friends die in his arms in Afghanistan. He was/is an avid Trump supporter and was sickened about the claim made above. He told me Obama himself called and sobbed with the mother of his friend and as far he knew, contacted each fallen soldier. Bush has since come out and said the same. I am not asking you to forsake Trump, just simply be honest and condemn this man who blatantly tells bullshit when it fits him.
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"
Hextall's response:"Who the hell are you?"

Edited by irish_66 on 10-17-17 07:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10343
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-17-17 08:40 AM - Post#1705423    

In response to irish_66

What is the question?

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 11949
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 09:08 AM - Post#1705424    

In response to Pete

I'm sure Trump will correct his lie today!...
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 09:23 AM - Post#1705426    

In response to irish_66

simple question, will you out the president for calling out blatant bullshit?
Gretzky to Hextall after Hexy stoned him on a breakaway in Hexy's first game:"Who the hell are you?"

Pete
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-17-17 10:22 AM - Post#1705430    

In response to irish_66

Trump was, is, and always will be a blow hard. He talks out of his ass. He is not a nice man. This seems to be a particular sensitive topic for you so I can understand your frustration.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 10:42 AM - Post#1705433    

In response to Pete

kudos for saying he talks out of his ass.

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Total Posts: 4178
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 10:55 AM - Post#1705435    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:
Trump was, is, and always will be a blow hard. He talks out of his ass. He is not a nice man. This seems to be a particular sensitive topic for you so I can understand your frustration.

I think almost any sensible person would agree with this, no?

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 36999
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 11:53 AM - Post#1705441    

In response to Marcelino Jeopardy

Trump is a douchebag. A used car salesman. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

-PR

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 12:09 PM - Post#1705443    

In response to PuckRogue

And he was still the best option for president. Sad!

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13715
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 07:02 PM - Post#1705458    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:

AMEN. In addition, he uses poorly formed sentences that skew his meaning (or mask it). This drives the left bonkers because they desperately want to find quotes that leave no doubt he's a horrible monster, but the poorly-formed phrases allow wiggle room for interpretation.

(Not sure this is the way irish wanted this thread to go haha...all these racist, biased righties AGREEING with him?)
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 09:04 PM - Post#1705462    

In response to Badlands92

refreshing to see, couldnt agree more with your assessment.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-17-17 09:08 PM - Post#1705463    

In response to irish_66

I just wish you wouldnt cover for him when he blatantly lies and you call his words "open to interpertation." Thats a shame when he condemns the soldier. How should we interpret "I prefer my heroes to not be taken prisoner." Its sad to see not everyone on the right can call a spade a spade. Slobber on the right is very similar to the slobber on the left when Obama was president.

Pete
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-18-17 09:56 AM - Post#1705477    

In response to irish_66

• irish_66 Said:
I just wish you wouldnt cover for him when he blatantly lies and you call his words "open to interpertation." Thats a shame when he condemns the soldier. How should we interpret "I prefer my heroes to not be taken prisoner." Its sad to see not everyone on the right can call a spade a spade. Slobber on the right is very similar to the slobber on the left when Obama was president.

Not to go off topic, and maybe it's appropriate in this ever changing world, but there seemed to be an unwritten rule in the press to avoid ever calling the POTUS a liar. The Media used to bend over backwards, O'Reilly even did so, to avoid the use of the term "liar". Now it is slung around without a second thought.

I'm not arguing that Trump is undeserving of it. He clearly is from a different mold. But the anger, spite, and hatred in the press is palpable.

ajax7
all star
Total Posts: 1226
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 10:38 AM - Post#1705481    

In response to Pete

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that 45 makes about 5 "misstatements" a day would it? The list is well over 1,000 since taking office. But it's the media at fault. For reporting it.

irish_66
hall of famer
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 10:49 AM - Post#1705482    

In response to ajax7

Pete, There is anger, agreed. But Ajax makes a point. Today even, the president says "I have proof" that I said certain things to a grieving widow of a soldier. Where is that proof? He talks so much garbgae and falsehoods. He is the president and the facts are too easy to check. Yet people still believe him. If HRC or Obama would have said any of this, You dont think Oreilly would have gone berserk? Can you imagine if HRC would have said the same thing Trump said about Mccain? Yet the 36% of the country, his blind supporters, simply say, 'Hes different" or "His words are open to interpertation." What a complete bunch of phony BS.
Much like so many other things, I wonder if we will see his "proof" about his talk with the widow. Yet his 36% will believe him.

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 10:57 AM - Post#1705483    

In response to irish_66

Who cares? Nobody in the press cared when everyone from Obama to Hillary to everyone below them lied about Benghazi, that gun running stuff, Iran, Bergdahl, the list goes on. Why should anyone care about Trump's nonstop BS.

Hannibal
hall of famer
Total Posts: 9862
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 12:35 PM - Post#1705493    

In response to Marcelino Jeopardy

I am disappointed by it - I will admit that. Even if he was correct (which he wasn't), it seems to be another statement on par with what my 6-year old would say.

Me: "Did you clean up your room?"
6-Year Old: "No, but she didn't either (referring to 4-year old sister)."

It doesn't matter. There is right and wrong. And using the actions of a predecessor as your cover is bogus ..... especially when inaccurate. It makes you sound more concerned with the CYA aspect than the rightful response.

Hell, he could've said "I have not but I plan to do so when I have a moment to sit down, collect my thoughts and be able to give them my full attention."

I am curious as to how differently he would be viewed if he was removed from social media and removed from having to talk. I wonder how he would be viewed if simply judged on his actions. I get it - you have to be part businessman and part politician to be the President. He's certainly lacking in the latter.
Barney who?

Pete
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

10-18-17 02:21 PM - Post#1705499    

In response to ajax7

• ajax7 Said:
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that 45 makes about 5 "misstatements" a day would it? The list is well over 1,000 since taking office. But it's the media at fault. For reporting it.

I don't recall anyone in the mainstream calling Obama an out and out liar for his "If you like your doctor..." lie. And that, to me, is as egregious as it gets.

Yeah, I know. 4 Pinocchios and all that. But no one had the audacity to say "liar". It's just a very pejorative word.

ajax7
all star
Total Posts: 1226
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 03:39 PM - Post#1705501    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:
  • ajax7 Said:

I don't recall anyone in the mainstream calling Obama an out and out liar for his "If you like your doctor..." lie. And that, to me, is as egregious as it gets.

Yeah, I know. 4 Pinocchios and all that. But no one had the audacity to say "liar". It's just a very pejorative word.

I thought this was about Trump. But yes, I agree. That was his biggest of many whoppers. His apology was hollow (has 45 ever attempted an apology, serious question?).

Joe Wilson embarrassed the entire country by screaming it during the presidential address. So you have that. Fox, Infowars, all those called him a liar many times. CNN, NBC, probably not but I will see if i can find something. I know Fox has called Trump a liar many times. I saw Shepard Smith lay in to him at least twice. Do you think, like Marcelino Jeopardy that, "who cares"?

It looks like he said some bizarre stuff to this Green Beret's wife. Sad if true.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34524
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
10-18-17 04:47 PM - Post#1705502    

In response to ajax7

Does anyone care that this is a classic "he said / she said" ?

As ajax said, sad IF true. I could agree with that, especially the IF.

But this thread sounds like people really KNOW that Trump just evilly spit out the worst thing ever said on earth.

With all the hate and demonization of Trump 24 / 7, I'm not gonna believe just another murky display of outrage and umbrage. Not gonna say I know anything special to support Trump either.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
101 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 101 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.328 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 11:32 PM