hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Bitcoin ETF        (Topic#549644)
foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3009
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-17 04:47 PM - Post#1707481    

In case anyone is interested in the cryptocurrency game, but doesn't want to jump it the exchanges and wallets and all that shit, check out "GBTC" . its an ETF mirroring the performance of bitcoin. I bought a little. Its intersting. I think there may be an opportunity to game the system a little as the cryptocurrency trades 24-7 but the ETF is limited to the market hours. So pre-market monday morning, there is 3 2+ days worth of trading that hasn't factored into the ETF price yet...... or maybe not.... just getting my feet wet here..

Hot Soup
veteran
Total Posts: 404
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-04-17 05:19 PM - Post#1707486    

In response to foolish

I checked out that ETF but backed out because the ETF is valued at 2x the value of its underlining assets.

It should work out if the tulip mania continues, but if not, look out below

smooth cold filtered genesee

Mustang27
all star
Total Posts: 1937
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-05-17 11:35 AM - Post#1707512    

In response to Hot Soup

I've got some Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.

I wasn't early to the party, but started getting involved a few months ago. So far so good.

I'd rather be right than politically correct

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3009
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-05-17 11:50 AM - Post#1707513    

In response to Hot Soup

• Hot Soup Said:
I checked out that ETF but backed out because the ETF is valued at 2x the value of its underlining assets.

It should work out if the tulip mania continues, but if not, look out below

Was just reading about that. I only bought 5 shares, so I'll let it ride for a bit, but I tightened up on the stop-loss.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10375
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-06-17 09:52 AM - Post#1707538    

In response to foolish

Too many unknowns in this realm for me. Very geeky and I haven't reconciled this contrived wealth creation mechanism in my head.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 34630
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-06-17 10:35 AM - Post#1707541    

In response to Pete

Just seems odd. Almost fantasy-ish, like a currency based in a video game realm.

The thing with "mining" bitcoins is weird. Like they tried to establish something in the digital world to mimic the mining of gold / silver / etc. But it will never have any intrinsic value like precious metals.

A little too 'pretendy' for me. Feels like one big artificial system just waiting to be hacked whenever the prize gets big enough.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10375
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

12-06-17 04:12 PM - Post#1707556    

In response to NYRfan

Agreed. It's the contrivance that bothers me. I get that there are various cottage industries and secondary markets for stuff like sneakers, watches, etc. But this is akin to mining for precious metals, which virtually anyone could possibly do with the proper equipment vs. a bunch of brainiacs developing ridiculously painful and exotic algorithms to "mine" the supposed finite number of bitcoins. Someone has to know where they're hidden, no?

This just looks like a niche to me. And, by the way, if bitcoins are trackable then the crime world won't have any interest. and what fun is there in that?

haymaker36
Total Posts: 15935
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-07-17 12:10 PM - Post#1707587    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:
Agreed. It's the contrivance that bothers me. I get that there are various cottage industries and secondary markets for stuff like sneakers, watches, etc. But this is akin to mining for precious metals, which virtually anyone could possibly do with the proper equipment vs. a bunch of brainiacs developing ridiculously painful and exotic algorithms to "mine" the supposed finite number of bitcoins. Someone has to know where they're hidden, no?

This just looks like a niche to me. And, by the way, if bitcoins are trackable then the crime world won't have any interest. and what fun is there in that?

You don’t think somebody is going to eventually figure out how to steal bitcoin?

Unless you got into the game super early on, I don’t see the advantage of getting in now. Couldn’t it conceivably be erased causing everyone to lose their investment?
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

NYR_Nutz
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7138
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-16-17 03:54 PM - Post#1707901    

In response to haymaker36

I was skeptical but finally jumped in on this today. Hopefully not too late to the party.

I've been reading a lot about Ripple, which is a cryptocurrency that may take off and is currently valued less than a $1.

A buddy of mine had sent me a link to CoinBase and we each got $10.00 in bitcoin so if you are going to sign up PM me and I'll send you the referral code (unless you guys are fine with me just posting it in this post).

I also signed up for Binance - not sure if there is a benefit for the person signing up if they use the referral code but I assume there is since there is a referral program on there. Different purposes for the 2 sites.

I have my fears about it of course. My buddy put some money in Bitcoin and Litecoin about a month ago and has already more than tripled his money. Of course it could disappear but I assume if you get in at the right time (which I hope this still is), you will still be able to unload for a profit.

Even conservative estimates have Bitcoin going to $60k in the near future, it's currently at $19,400/btc. Of course, I don't believe that anyone has a fucken clue and this could also be a massive hype by the banks in the biggest pump and dump of all time

Edited by NYR_Nutz on 12-16-17 03:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Johnny_Upton
Total Posts: 29211
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-16-17 05:06 PM - Post#1707904    

In response to NYR_Nutz

Do you strictly post to shill referrals?
Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

#Filthystrong

Peatycap
Total Posts: 30034
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
12-16-17 09:11 PM - Post#1707909    

In response to Johnny_Upton

LOL. I jumped in about a month ago. If you want a coinbase code, let me know too.

BTW... if you have a lot of liquid, right now this is so easy to jump in and jump out.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
106 Online Now
3 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 103 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Roy Moore v Doug Jones" with 43 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2017 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 210   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 07:51 AM