hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 2 All12
Username Post: Hawaiian Missile Crisis        (Topic#549782)
Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6463
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-18 01:53 PM - Post#1708893    

This morning at 8:07am (local time I'm assuming), Hawaii residents got an Emergency Alert sent to their phones, TVs, and radios saying a ballistic missile was en route. 37 minutes later, another message sent saying it was a mistake. No missile was on its way.

https://twitter.com/PacificCommand/status /95225603...

Now imagine this happened in a place like NYC. 37 minutes of pandemonium in a large city like that.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

Edited by Twist 'n Belak on 01-13-18 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3748
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-18 02:41 PM - Post#1708899    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

I aaw the best tweet about this "thank god the president was golfing". That's gold!

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35686
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-18 11:23 PM - Post#1708919    

In response to foolish

Haha, no other implications but a chance to say something dumb about Trump.

At least a lot of people have a very simple life these days.

Good for them.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 08:32 AM - Post#1708940    

In response to NYRfan

That's just funny shit. Have a laugh for a change.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 12:25 PM - Post#1708946    

In response to foolish

I'm torn between patting you on the head and saying "you have fun my little fella"........ and warning you to come back to adulthood.

Such a delicate balance. But I guess we'll all just stay the course, and be here for you.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 12:28 PM - Post#1708947    

In response to NYRfan

This reminds me of the movie I just saw, The Post.

They lionize Ben Bradley, because he was so dedicated to openness, the press and public's right to know. Nothing should ever be held from the press and public.

So I come home and look up the guy on the interwebs. Turns out his sister in law was killed by the CIA, because she was scrogging JFK and still had a diary of it, that she may or may not keep secret.

So what does Ben Bradley do ? He goes to her house to break in and finds the CIA already breaking in, and helps them look for it. Eventually Bradley finds it, and gives it to the CIA to burn.

Classic liberal "ethics". The press has unfettered rights against Nixon...... and none against Kennedy. Very flexible.

Oh, and the movie has just the cutest, snarkiest jabs at Nixon. He's a totall asshole in the Pentagon Papers saga, after he loses, they show a fictitious shot of him barring the Post from everything forever, then the closing scene is "Watergate". Having absolute zero to do with the previous 120 minutes. Just a "hahahahahahahaha".

Hollywood vs. Trump, Reagan, Bush, Nixon, 24/7/365.

The foolish effect.

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 01:07 PM - Post#1708955    

In response to NYRfan

But were you entertained?

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 14011
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 07:28 PM - Post#1708964    

In response to foolish

I am not big on boycotts due to political beliefs, but a movie has to be pretty f****** spectacular, Gone With the Wind level great, to be directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks and sexual assault enabling hypocrite Meryl Streep all working together in a movie that pushes the Democratic Party and Washington Post agenda.

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 07:47 PM - Post#1708968    

In response to Canucko29

I consider Richard Nixon to be a bad president. When I read the story of how he ignored fiscal conservative Arthur Burns's advice against going the FDR route on a suffering economy, I was quite taking back. In order to maintain his popularity, particularly with Democratic populists who voted for him, he made a dumb mistake that ruined the economy for over a decade.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 09:04 PM - Post#1708970    

In response to Canucko29

Nixon probably kinda sucked as a president, and apparently was a bit of a cunt.

But he did do America a couple of huge solids.

He didn't push it when the Kennedies bought / stole the election from him. He could have. But he let it go for the good of America.

When his own ass was wrong, he resigned. He didn't do a Clinton, and just not care how many times he was caught lying, just keep lying, and wait for political cover he knew democrats would give him.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 09:12 PM - Post#1708971    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
I am not big on boycotts due to political beliefs, but a movie has to be pretty f****** spectacular, Gone With the Wind level great, to be directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks and sexual assault enabling hypocrite Meryl Streep all working together in a movie that pushes the Democratic Party and Washington Post agenda.

It was interesting from a historical perspective, but not great movie making.

Hanks and Streep are always fun to watch, but these roles are nothing special.

First half was boring. Only got interesting when the story finally got to the legal battles.

Mostly focused on making Graham and Bradley look wonderful, poke fun at Nixon, and show lots of fawning, adoring women worshipping Graham as she walks by.

We can see that template in 95 out of 100 movies.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-18 09:37 PM - Post#1708973    

In response to NYRfan

A funny story about "the missile" is that there actually was a missile fired from a rogue US sub, that was shot down by anti-missile systems.

Said rogue sub trying to create a false flag to help out the Clinton-Obama-CIA-FBI schmucks that are about to get destroyed this week.

I'm almost starting to believe this shit. The evidence spilling out is mind blowing. We did have 4 weird fires in the last week or so.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 16074
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 11:35 AM - Post#1708986    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
A funny story about "the missile" is that there actually was a missile fired from a rogue US sub, that was shot down by anti-missile systems.

Said rogue sub trying to create a false flag to help out the Clinton-Obama-CIA-FBI schmucks that are about to get destroyed this week.

I'm almost starting to believe this shit. The evidence spilling out is mind blowing. We did have 4 weird fires in the last week or so.

Where do you read this shit? Seriously, I’d like to have a look.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

foolish
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 01:25 PM - Post#1709005    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:

I'm sort of surprised at you here. You seem like a pretty cerebral guy. I would think you'd be able to enjoy art for what it is. and appreciate something that challenges your positions.

I'll still watch Clint, though I hate his politics.... though his latest work is pretty much "gone with the wind level great"......

Canucko29
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 02:34 PM - Post#1709019    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

I'm sort of surprised at you here. You seem like a pretty cerebral guy. I would think you'd be able to enjoy art for what it is. and appreciate something that challenges your positions.

I'll still watch Clint, though I hate his politics.... though his latest work is pretty much "gone with the wind level great"......

I have never seen Clint Eastwood inject his politics into any movie. Maybe he haa injected his own character into his movies, but not his politics.

I really am not that interested in most political movies. And I don't think I've ever seen one that I actually liked. I'm thinking, but nothing pops out.

I get a steady dose of liberalism from the media, First Nation people, most every other Hollywood movie, colleagues who work for government, you...

Edited by Canucko29 on 01-15-18 02:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 22270
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 02:42 PM - Post#1709020    

In response to Canucko29

I'll just leave this here.

“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Total Posts: 4252
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 03:55 PM - Post#1709027    

In response to Kanrok

Serious question: Did that dude do anything to make himself a woman other than just slap on some lipstick and change his name?

Kind of looks like the laziest transgender around.
Anyone who ever posted another poster's quote as their signature is a giant douchebag.

-PR

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 22270
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 05:04 PM - Post#1709037    

In response to Marcelino Jeopardy

I have no clue, and I’m afraid to research it!
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-15-18 05:50 PM - Post#1709046    

In response to Kanrok

There's a really sweet photo making the rounds, maybe her official campaign portrait.

Plunging open shirt, some righteous boobage, almost a nip slip.

I truly hope she wins, all the way. Let the dem-lib mental illness mushroom and metastasize.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10854
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

01-16-18 09:33 AM - Post#1709094    

In response to NYRfan

Aside from his appearance, the piece has a very ominous soundtrack and his voice is tinged with anger. Strange.

Page 1 of 2 All12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
99 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 98 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Kavanaugh Hearings" with 24 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.313 seconds.   Total Queries: 344   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:26 PM