hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Ever Get A Scam IRS Phone Call?        (Topic#550000)
Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 21911
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-21-18 03:01 PM - Post#1711771    

I got a couple in the last few weeks. They call and leave a message saying "There are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment. We will request of you to get back to us so we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you." Then they give you a number to call back.

I had time on my hands this morning returning to my office from court. So I thought I'd have some fun.

The guy who answered the call said (in an Indian accent - the call Center must be in India) IRS, how may I help you? (but you have to imagine an English speaker with an Indian accent).

At first I played along. "Yes, I am concerned about these potential charges against me, how can I avoid them? Can I just send you money to get rid of these charges? "Yes, yes you can!" Can I just give you my credit card information and have the money sent directly to you? "Yes, yes...what is credit card number? 1...4....5..."yes"...8...3...4....FUCK YOU.

It's funny to hear someone swear at you with an Indian accent.

I hung up, then called back a few more times.

I just started yelling at them, calling them scammers, etc. Until they then started calling me a "motherfuck."

I told him it was impolite to bring my mother into it.

He hung up.

I called back and used some old lines from the Exorcist...you'll probably know what I mean.

Then I told him that his mother sucks milk from a dead cow.

Then he swore at me in Indian, though honestly it could be Pakistani.

Now the telephone number is no longer in service.

I guess one of these days I will grow up.

But not today.

“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3407
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-21-18 03:29 PM - Post#1711773    

In response to Kanrok

Fookin Pakis. Maybe Colin Farrell's character in In Bruge would say that.

Seriously, grow up. Nah I'm kidding.

In case one does not know: THe IRS would never call one. It would send a letter in the US Mail.

One of the mentioned types just walked behind me, I am at the PUBLIC Library. He is carrying his lunch, it is half gone, with a fork, I'll give him that, in a pyrex square "bowl." You know it has a lid of white plastic which one can seal up the curry laden food. I might be wrong on that one, the spice.

Yeah "they've" called our house number. She was versed in Ebonics. I am guessing two bills plus.

Edited by HenryHanson on 03-21-18 03:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

phantomenforcer
superstar
Total Posts: 3587
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-21-18 03:46 PM - Post#1711774    

In response to HenryHanson

It's funny that you post this as I just discovered scambaiting videos on youtube where they record stuff like this and tech support scams. Sometimes they just screw with them other times they upload viruses to the scammers computers. Some hilarious stuff.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35255
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-22-18 12:32 PM - Post#1711794    

In response to phantomenforcer

I got one that said (a voicemail that was left) "The IRS has filed suit against you in Washington DC for tax evasion". "Call now for assistance with this".

It was interesting because we were actually behind the curve in getting everything squared away for last year.

I'm guessing some assholes figured out how to get their hands on public data of IRS cases and conditions, and basically does this scam on all those people.

I didn't call the number back for a few days, and the number was already out service. Must have been the guys that Kanrok was fucking with !

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3407
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-24-18 04:50 PM - Post#1711851    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
I got one that said (a voicemail that was left) "The IRS has filed suit against you in Washington DC for tax evasion". "Call now for assistance with this".

It was interesting because we were actually behind the curve in getting everything squared away for last year.

I'm guessing some assholes figured out how to get their hands on public data of IRS cases and conditions, and basically does this scam on all those people.

I didn't call the number back for a few days, and the number was already out service. Must have been the guys that Kanrok was fucking with !

Fookin Pakis

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3275
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-26-18 11:14 PM - Post#1711919    

When we had a landline in our home it used to piss me off with all the telemarketers. Then a friend told me they are not supposed to hang up on you at any cost.

Forward to the next Sunday, having a beer or two, prepping my next weeks lunches, watching NFL. Phone rings, telemarketer.

Would I be interested in life insurance? "I may be." then I start. "Life is funny we live long now but in the 1930's people didn't live that long, did they? I think it was because of all the bull riding because there were way more farms back then. Just imagine how cheap eggs were. I just wish I could have chickens in my back yard damn politicians. Anyway the insurance."

"Yes we have certain policies that may interest you."

"Oh do you have any for bicycles?"

"Bicycles?"

"Yes bicycles, you see I had an unfortunate accident on a bicycle, I could not pass solid stool for almost a year. The ironic thing is as younger child I had a poetry book all about bicycles. Poems about spokes handlebars and especially forks. Tires never interested me, but I'd fly the flag every time I road my bike, which may have confused the motorist....so the insurance?" Needless to say I'd ramble on like Abe Simpson on acid. Totally sidestepping the topic. They would be trying to no end with the call, when all of a sudden Uncle Milan just fell in the tub I have to help him up and unclog the drain from excessive body hair. Please call back.

Within a month or so no more calls.

Lamont, You big dummy!

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35255
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-27-18 11:49 AM - Post#1711928    

• HenryHanson Said:
  • NYRfan Said:

Fookin Pakis

lol, reminds me of that Brit boxer in Trailer Park Boys.

"Fekkin koont.....Fekkin poozie"

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
87 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 87 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Ugly, Stupid Cunt of the Day" with 74 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 145   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 01:40 AM