hockey-fights.com
Article by DPR4444    (03-26-18 02:03 PM)

https://thehockeywriters.com/quebec-nordiques-beer ...

Username Comments
tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3303
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-27-18 12:14 AM - Post#1711920    

In response to DPR4444

Good read.

I watched the game on CBC. Sleigher really popped him. Cheap shot. I was quite steamed as a Canadiens fan. Great rivalry. Good brawl.

I cannot understand why a team is not in Quebec city. The built in rivalry is a no brainer, brand new facility and a region where people live, breathe and support hockey. I want to see this and I live on the west coast. That building will be sold out for years.
Lamont, You big dummy!

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35557
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-27-18 11:47 AM - Post#1711926    

In response to tmc

Yeah, that's weird how they leave cities like Quebec or Winnipeg empty for long periods, while trying to force it in places like Arizona and California and Florida.

ReaperB
all star
Total Posts: 1840
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-30-18 08:26 AM - Post#1711968    

In response to NYRfan

NHL hockey in Quebec was great , lots of passion up there i think led to the players playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulders .That and Michel Bergeron.

The Canadiens and Bruins hated Quebec as much as each other.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 12193
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-30-18 04:03 PM - Post#1711972    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
Yeah, that's weird how they leave cities like Quebec or Winnipeg empty for long periods, while trying to force it in places like Arizona and California and Florida.

Agreed....

NHL hockey belongs in Quebec before being force fed to cities like Atlanta and Phoenix..
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

COCHRANE29
hall of famer
Total Posts: 5537
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
03-31-18 06:46 AM - Post#1711974    

In response to Baldridge

I remember watching that game/ brawl live... Iv`e always blamed Mario Tremblay for Hamel getting KO`d by Louis Sleigher... & now that I`d watched it again, I blame him even more so.

MT should have minded his own business instead of playing over emotional peacemaker... Hamel was doing just fine keeping his head tucked...
Mario went from jumping & pounding on star player Peter Stastny & breaking his nose... to getting Hamel KO`d by trying to be peacemaker after his licks were in...

SLEIGHER: "Jean was our teammate. He was my roommate on the road. But the thing that made me hit Jean Hamel at the end was because Mario Tremblay came—and you can see on the tape—I didn’t know if he was going to hit me, and he pushed my face into the glass. I said to myself, “Jeez, this is going to get ugly here.” It was just like, in the moment, a reflex to hit Jean. Between him and Mario I wanted to get rid of one."

Nice Write up, DPR
C29

"Truth is Treason in the empire of lies" - Ron Paul

Edited by COCHRANE29 on 03-31-18 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3427
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
04-16-18 03:33 PM - Post#1712291    

In response to Baldridge

• Baldridge Said:
  • NYRfan Said:

Agreed....

NHL hockey belongs in Quebec before being force fed to cities like Atlanta and Phoenix..

It is a crime there isn't a team in Quebec. There are enough transplants in California to support three teams which have been to the Cup at least once and have won three outta six.

Irons
superstar
Total Posts: 3742
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-04-18 10:05 AM - Post#1712987    

In response to HenryHanson

American or non French Canadian players want no part of a career in Quebec City. Ask any of those players if they would rather play in Quebec City or Arizona, California, etc. and they will say those non-hockey hot beds over Quebec City 8 times out of 10, if they're being honest. Ask a junior A kid from Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina, etc. if they'd rather play in Nashville/Miami or Quebec City. Quebec City is NOT a fun place to play, live and bring up a family if you're not French. Most players think it. Lindros said it out loud and I agreed with him 100%.

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3303
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-05-18 12:45 AM - Post#1713014    

In response to Irons

• Irons Said:
American or non French Canadian players want no part of a career in Quebec City. Ask any of those players if they would rather play in Quebec City or Arizona, California, etc. and they will say those non-hockey hot beds over Quebec City 8 times out of 10, if they're being honest. Ask a junior A kid from Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina, etc. if they'd rather play in Nashville/Miami or Quebec City. Quebec City is NOT a fun place to play, live and bring up a family if you're not French. Most players think it. Lindros said it out loud and I agreed with him 100%.

Someone wanting to get to the show may. Is Quebec city that bad? Look at Winnipeg getting their team back Quebec would be the same. If players do not want to step into a hockey market then go to Arizona. A rabid fan base cannot be a bad thing.
Lamont, You big dummy!

Irons
superstar
Total Posts: 3742
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-07-18 10:56 AM - Post#1713094    

In response to tmc

• tmc Said:
  • Irons Said:

Someone wanting to get to the show may. Is Quebec city that bad? Look at Winnipeg getting their team back Quebec would be the same. If players do not want to step into a hockey market then go to Arizona. A rabid fan base cannot be a bad thing.

Yes, its that bad. As English speaking only Canadians we lived it.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
123 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 122 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Sheeple" with 36 replies.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.188 seconds.   Total Queries: 198   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 08:35 PM