hockey-fights.com
 Page 12 of 12 « First<9101112
Username Post: Putting Aside All the Distractions, Trump is Actually Doing A Decent Job        (Topic#550104)
Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10746
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-21-18 02:14 PM - Post#1713745    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
Erik Prince May have perjured himself pretty badly... is he the next to flip?

Who was the first to flip if Prince is "next"?

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10746
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

05-21-18 02:19 PM - Post#1713746    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:
  • foolish Said:
  • Johnny_Upton Said:

Regarding things changing, possibly. Seeing someone as high up as HRC being charged would hopefully give the pigs in Washington pause and maybe make a difference

Do you ascribe her server and non-.gov emails as carelessness?

I'd agree with you on the "high up" if she was still more relevant.... but ok, I suppose thats as logical a reason as we're going to get. It would be a lot more meaningful if the criminal was prosecuted while in office...

As for carelessness vs criminal - thats for the 4+ years of investigation to conclude. I don't know of a criminal motive for what she did. If she was sharing classified info that would be a big problem for me. But thus far there is scant evidence of that.. Even the published pieces damning her have skirted around stating she had a criminal motive.

Again, criminal intent is not relevant. She was grossly negligent. It put people's lives at stake. I'm trying to be patient with you, but it's very difficult.

Its relevant to my opinion as to whether or not she should be prosecuted. How did she put lives at stake? If thats true, throw the book at her, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that this accusation requires a ton of assumptions and is in fact more of a right wing pipe dream.

We cannot speculate on what was revealed because everything is redacted. We do know this (emphasis mine), from the NY Times article from July 5, 2016 when she was exonerated:

"Mr. Comey said the emails included eight chains of emails and replies, some written by her, that contained information classified as “top secret: special access programs.” That classification is the highest level, reserved for the nation’s most highly guarded intelligence operations or sources."

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3735
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-21-18 03:03 PM - Post#1713747    

In response to Pete

• Pete Said:

We cannot speculate on what was revealed because everything is redacted. We do know this (emphasis mine), from the NY Times article from July 5, 2016 when she was exonerated:

"Mr. Comey said the emails included eight chains of emails and replies, some written by her, that contained information classified as “top secret: special access programs.” That classification is the highest level, reserved for the nation’s most highly guarded intelligence operations or sources."

So you can extrapolate that the above passage is proof that "lives were put at risk"..... but you can't see how the guilty pleas in the russia probe amount to indications that people are flipping for lighter sentencing?

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 22080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-21-18 03:46 PM - Post#1713748    

In response to foolish

• foolish Said:
  • Pete Said:

So you can extrapolate that the above passage is proof that "lives were put at risk"..... but you can't see how the guilty pleas in the russia probe amount to indications that people are flipping for lighter sentencing?

Let's say that there is a higher level of confidence for the former than the latter.

I don't rule out that defendants are flipping for lighter sentences.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

foolish
superstar
Total Posts: 3735
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-21-18 04:29 PM - Post#1713751    

In response to Kanrok

I still do not see how the presence of top secret material in the control of someone authorized to view and hold such data is a threat to lives.

That passage doesn't even say that anyone on those email chains lacked authorization to view that material! This is just as likely to be creative writing to infer crisis as a case of the author and/or comey just forgetting to state that these email chains involved unauthorized people.

I will grant that the emails on Weiner's laptop clearly represent a violation, but we also know they were sent by Huma not HRC and Huma (at least at one point) DID have clearance.

Page 12 of 12 « First<9101112
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
107 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 106 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.141 seconds.   Total Queries: 115   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 07:09 PM