hockey-fights.com
Username Post: 2018 World Cup        (Topic#550201)
Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6448
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-16-18 08:48 AM - Post#1714186    

The World (and Euro) Cup are only soccer games I'll watch. For some reason, I like the international games, but can't be bothered to watch club soccer (MLS, English Premier, Champions League, etc).

Is anyone else watching? Who are you going for? Due to my background, I'm always rooting for Germany and England, but mostly Germany. Iceland is my underdog team this year. They are currently tied 1-1 with Argentina as I post this. It is their first World Cup appearance after an inspired performance at the 2016 Euros (also their first appearance), where they knocked out England.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

emmpee1
all star
Total Posts: 1819
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-16-18 04:10 PM - Post#1714188    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

Going for Belgium to win it all.

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 14532
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-19-18 04:58 PM - Post#1714210    

In response to emmpee1

Spain has as much individual talent than anyone else, and has shown they can play as a team. I think they will win it.

This isn't the same German team as 4 years ago. They don't have Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose, Merksacker, and Podalski. Of course they are loaded with young talent, but it's not so easy to just replace them. Also, it's extremely difficult to repeat.

I hope i'm wrong, as I'm rooting for Germany.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

Pibb
legend
Total Posts: 12263
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-22-18 06:32 PM - Post#1714292    

In response to DoubleJ

Only soccer I watch as well. Rooting for Iceland but Nigeria shut em out 2-0 today so they have a tough road ahead of them

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35583
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-30-18 01:49 PM - Post#1714386    

In response to Pibb

I love soccer, played in HS, watching the Uruguay - Portugal match. BEAUTIFUL goal by URU for 1-0. Perfection at each of ~ 5 steps / moves in the play.

But ......... the game and the players are so GAY. Not LGBT gay, but the GAY of our youth. What you would label the outrageous, ridiculous, crazy behaviors of weirdos.

When the guy scored, he did the obligatory run -slide afterwards. All good so far.

Then he starts grimacing, gyrating, pulsating, undulating. Couldn't hear it, but looked like squealing.

Then his mates all start dancing around, embracing. No fist bumps or Hulk poses or " yeeeaahhh mother fucker !!". Nope, they're basically sucking face.

So they start playing again. Big cheap shot. Nope, nobody swings back, no fight, no square up. The obligatory crying and big tearful eyes toward the ref. Laying there like a victim of WW2.

GAY !!!!

But I am loving the game, and the guys are better, stronger athletes than football, basketball, baseball. Probably tied with hockey.

It's just a behavioral thing.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35583
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-30-18 01:58 PM - Post#1714387    

In response to NYRfan

During the endless effort to compose that last post ..... some guy named Suarez goes up for a ball and the other guy totally beats him and gets all ball, giving Suarez a good jolt in the process.

Suarez goes limp and lays on the field for 2-3 minutes, refuses to get up, refs actually ignore him.

Commentators are going "WTF ? Dumbass had better be dead, totally clean play".

And yet he lays there. Finally the play ends, and they go look at the guy ......... not hurt ...... lays there holding his melon crying and making some sort of dramatic speech from his back.

GAY !!!!

emmpee1
all star
Total Posts: 1819
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
06-30-18 05:11 PM - Post#1714389    

In response to NYRfan

Suarez does that all the time. If he can't beat you, he will bite you. Look it up.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10797
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-02-18 08:46 AM - Post#1714407    

In response to emmpee1

I'm by no means an expert, but I know the game well enough and think 3 things need to change:

1. The game is too fast for one referee. I think they should go to one referee per side. Draw back could be more stoppages due to whistles, but better than seeing infractions go uncalled
2. Corner kicks should result in way more chances. But there is so much clutching, grabbing, holding, etc. This needs to be addressed. Corner kicks should be much more advantageous than they are today.
3. The big one. Add a line somewhere between the half way line (midfield) and the top of the penalty area. Perhaps 25 yards out. Call it the attack line. When possession is secured by the attacking team inside this space, the offside rule is suspended and the attacking area must be defended in its entirety. None of this nonsense where you pull your back line of defenders forward and "cause" an offside.

Sincerely yours,
The Ignorant Yank

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3435
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-02-18 04:23 PM - Post#1714424    

In response to emmpee1

• emmpee1 Said:
Going for Belgium to win it all.

Japan was up two nil on Belgium, I go outside for a few and come back and it is two, two. Then Japan just soils itself in the extra time. The Belgium in the crowd gets whacked right on the beak by his girlfriend(?) while celebrating.

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3435
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-02-18 04:26 PM - Post#1714425    

In response to emmpee1

• emmpee1 Said:
Suarez does that all the time. If he can't beat you, he will bite you. Look it up.

There is a photo of Suarez acting like he got punched in the mouth. On the ground next to him is his victim, who isn't faking it, and got bit on the clavicle.

Totally Gay.

DoubleJ
legend
Total Posts: 14532
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-02-18 05:56 PM - Post#1714430    

In response to emmpee1

• emmpee1 Said:

Suarez is a diver, but so 50% of the players.

Neymar is the worst. Every fucking foul he's on the ground like he got slashed by a machete. He's also a douche to opposing players by disrespecting them on the pitch.
Devils John Madden being interviewed:
Interviewer- How does it feel to cover Gomez?
Madden- I don't know. I don't cover 3rd line centers.

Pibb
legend
Total Posts: 12263
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-06-18 10:43 AM - Post#1714463    

In response to DoubleJ

love World Cup, its the only soccer I will watch though, was rooting hard for Iceland even though I knew they wouldn't go too far, I think France will take the cup this year

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10797
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-06-18 08:19 PM - Post#1714465    

In response to Pibb

France-Belgium winner will be the overall victor.

JruGordon
superstar
Total Posts: 3964
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-12-18 03:06 PM - Post#1714508    

In response to Pete

Croatia will win on Sunday

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
121 Online Now
2 viewable users and 1 hidden plus 118 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.234 seconds.   Total Queries: 255   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 05:16 PM