hockey-fights.com
 Page 2 of 2 All<12
Username Post: Lost my Dad        (Topic#550224)
tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3358
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-17-18 08:56 PM - Post#1714583    

In response to Hollister

• Hollister Said:
Sorry to hear about your father. My relationship with mine has been bumpy at times, reading this thread wants me to make more of an effort to spend more time with my dad.

I had a great relationship with my dad. I hope you can enjoy your time together while it is available. Dad was 84 and in failing but stable health. We knew it was coming but it is still a shock.

I always found irony that the role of parent to child switches upon becoming elderly. I can remember holding my dad's hand as a child getting ice cream, and then taking him to appointments in Vancouver because he'd get messed up in the traffic of the city in which he used to navigate without peril or concern.

Lamont, You big dummy!

haymaker36
Total Posts: 16080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-18 06:52 PM - Post#1714603    

In response to tmc

Very sorry to hear about your father, tmc. It sounds as if you and your father had a very good relationship, and you don’t have any regrets. The older I get, the more precious time becomes with my dad. I really do appreciate it more every year. RIP Mac...
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-18-18 10:23 PM - Post#1714608    

In response to haymaker36

• haymaker36 Said:
Very sorry to hear about your father, tmc. It sounds as if you and your father had a very good relationship, and you don’t have any regrets. The older I get, the more precious time becomes with my dad. I really do appreciate it more every year. RIP Mac...

Thanks Haymaker36.

My dad was a great guy. In the days after I had some phone chats with my sister. She asked me if I could recall that anyone had ever thought Dad was an asshole, and I said I couldn't.He was always honest in business and personal relationships. That really hit home. He always told me it was better to die a poor man with a rich name than a rich man with a poor name. He lived it.
Lamont, You big dummy!

haymaker36
Total Posts: 16080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-19-18 03:19 PM - Post#1714621    

In response to tmc

• tmc Said:
  • haymaker36 Said:

Thanks Haymaker36.

My dad was a great guy. In the days after I had some phone chats with my sister. She asked me if I could recall that anyone had ever thought Dad was an asshole, and I said I couldn't.He was always honest in business and personal relationships. That really hit home. He always told me it was better to die a poor man with a rich name than a rich man with a poor name. He lived it.

There is a dearth of good fathers in this world, and it’s a problem. Makes the good ones that much more valuable.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

tmc
superstar
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-09-18 07:59 PM - Post#1715315    

In response to haymaker36

Today hit home a bit, I couldn't razz my dad for a Cowboy loss. He'd be on me for the Steelers and Roethisberger tying Cleveland.

One of those memories you cherish.

Dad had a Cowboys jacket he'd always wear and I'd ask him if he was going to donate to the unfortunate.

Miss old Mac.
Lamont, You big dummy!

Page 2 of 2 All<12
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
93 Online Now
0 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 93 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.484 seconds.   Total Queries: 113   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 01:05 AM