hockey-fights.com
 Page 1 of 4 1234
Username Post: Stand Your Ground...?        (Topic#550240)
PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37325
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-21-18 02:18 PM - Post#1714655    

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/stand-your -ground-la...

Sorry, but that’s manslaughter...at least.

Just like with Zimmerman (fuck you in advance, Steve), you can run around with a gun...find trouble...and then have “cause” to shoot someone like this...and it’s NOT OK.

He’s accosting this guy’s lady over a FUCKING HANDICAPPED PARKING SPACE...dude comes out to defend his lady and his children, pushes dumbass down, dumbass pulls his gun out...dude makes no additional move toward dumbass and dumbass pulls the trigger anyway, killing him.

There’s no obvious racial motivation, here...but I’m sure that’s how it’s being portrayed by the media and others.

This just isn’t OK.

-PR

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35747
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-21-18 06:23 PM - Post#1714656    

In response to PuckRogue

Fuck accepted, but not agreed upon.

I don't disagree with you on this one.

There is a difference between being shoved away from people you're harassing, and being fully mounted and your head bounced up and down on a sidewalk.

Previous assholery isn't really the issue.

Also, the girlfriend will have to live with it, if she really was bogarting an ADA space without a permit.

Not an excuse for the asshole, but she would have caused it nonetheless.

Kanrok
legend
Total Posts: 22322
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 12:54 AM - Post#1714661    

In response to PuckRogue

Agreed.

The shooter is a nut case.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 14037
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 01:16 AM - Post#1714663    

In response to Kanrok

That's murder. Plain and simple. After getting pushed, there was no more threat when he pulled out the gun. He shot that man in anger.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 09:55 AM - Post#1714668    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
That's murder. Plain and simple. After getting pushed, there was no more threat when he pulled out the gun. He shot that man in anger.

I agree, although it would probably resolve into some form of lesser included offense, like voluntary manslaughter for instance.

Apparently the shooter has a history of challenging people who park in that handicap space.

He allegedly brandished a gun on a trucker once before this.

Terrible reason for someone to lose their life.

The fact pattern would make a decent law school hypothetical.
“The greatest thing we can do just unite and love on each other and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

- K. Perry

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13813
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 10:55 AM - Post#1714671    

In response to Kanrok

I agree that once on the ground, the shooter could have drawn his weapon and that would have ended the situation. He was in no threat. I'd have no problem with charges brought against him.

It's a shame now that this man's three children and their three different moms are left to fend for themselves.

Why are blacks so violent? Does it stem from slavery?
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 07:54 PM - Post#1714680    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

I agree, although it would probably resolve into some form of lesser included offense, like voluntary manslaughter for instance.

Apparently the shooter has a history of challenging people who park in that handicap space.

I've read an interesting take that the "asshole" guy could be presented as a pitiable old disabled guy, who got blindsided by a huge blast from the other guy, that lifted him off his feet and slammed him good. Thus, worried for his life.

Does a motivated, ambitious lawyer make hay of this ?

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 07:59 PM - Post#1714681    

In response to Badlands92

• Badlands92 Said:
I agree that once on the ground, the shooter could have drawn his weapon and that would have ended the situation. He was in no threat. I'd have no problem with charges brought against him.

It's a shame now that this man's three children and their three different moms are left to fend for themselves.

Lol, the "3 different kids by 3 different broads" USED TO BE shady, and less likely to be a positive for the dead guy.

Apparently, not today.

Apparently, today it's known as winning the lottery.

Great culture we have.

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-22-18 08:29 PM - Post#1714682    

In response to NYRfan

• NYRfan Said:
  • Kanrok Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

I've read an interesting take that the "asshole" guy could be presented as a pitiable old disabled guy, who got blindsided by a huge blast from the other guy, that lifted him off his feet and slammed him good. Thus, worried for his life.

Does a motivated, ambitious lawyer make hay of this ?

The stand your ground law already did the heavy lifting.

Apparently no charges will be brought against the shooter.

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 10:02 AM - Post#1714686    

• Badlands92 Said:

I’m honestly not sure if you’re serious with this comment...?

-PR

FreezingTexan
legend
Total Posts: 12566
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 11:57 AM - Post#1714688    

In response to PuckRogue

That guy murdered him but unfortunately the case is that he was assaulted and had a right to defend himself in the eyes of the law. Yelling at someone is not against the law, putting your hands on them is. Now do I think that guy should have shot? Fuck no, I honestly wouldn't shoot anyone if I came home and saw them running away with my stuff(I have the right to), on the other hand if I'm at home and you break in, you are going to regret it.
Germany, it's like Wisconsin only with a really bad past.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10873
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-23-18 04:03 PM - Post#1714693    

In response to Kanrok

• Kanrok Said:
  • Canucko29 Said:

It is implied in your post that you went and dug up some additional information because I don't know how you could reach such a conclusion without doing so. So...... link?

Kanrok
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 04:17 PM - Post#1714695    

In response to Pete

I got yer link right here:

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas...

- K. Perry

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 04:49 PM - Post#1714696    

In response to Kanrok

Zimmerman Jr

Racist pieces of shit

-PR

Badlands92
legend
Total Posts: 13813
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 05:30 PM - Post#1714697    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
  • Badlands92 Said:

I’m honestly not sure if you’re serious with this comment...?

-PR

Stop clutching your pearls.

The gunshot victim isn't out of the store 2 seconds and the shooter is already on the ground. Do you know many people who violently shove strangers to the ground as a way of STARTING a conversation? I don't.

I already stated I think the shooter was in the wrong, but the gunshot victim didn't de-escalate the situation by any means.
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 06:23 PM - Post#1714698    

So, you’d strike up a conversation with some douchebag accosting your lady and your kids? Where I come from, we call that a big fucking pussy.

-PR

Jax
Total Posts: 12996
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-23-18 08:03 PM - Post#1714699    

In response to PuckRogue

I think the law needs to be tweaked. In this case and the Zimmerman, I believe you have two guys who went looking for trouble, found it, realized they were in over their heads, and turned to a gun to bail them out. Morally wrong, but the correct decisions were made in the eyes of the law, in my opinion. I believe in the stand your ground law, but it needs to be reviewed and amended, imo.
That being said, why do people think it's okay to park in a handicapped spot so they can just run in for a second? I didn't realize the signs said "Parking by disabled permit only, unless you're just going in for a second."

Edited by Jax on 07-23-18 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pete
legend
Total Posts: 10873
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

07-23-18 08:17 PM - Post#1714700    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:
So, you’d strike up a conversation with some douchebag accosting your lady and your kids? Where I come from, we call that a big fucking pussy.

-PR

He didn't deserve to die but he is the sole contributing factor to his own death. The 15 seconds of surveillance film is all I have seen courtesy of k-man's wonderful link. But the deceased was an overly aggressive and impulsive idiot. Why was his first impulse to shove the man down violently and escalate the situation? Am I to conclude that he's an ill-tempered black man who hates white people?

I don't like stand your ground in this instance. But there is no audio. What if the man on the ground warned his assailant that if he took a step forward he was going to shoot him? What if the assailant then stepped forward in a threatening manner? Does it change anything?

NYRfan
legend
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-24-18 10:00 AM - Post#1714706    

In response to Pete

Isn't that interesting ............ It's GOOD to blast the old rickety skeleton dude with a tackle that Dick Butkus would envy; talking / yelling at the guy would be PUSSY .........

But when the silly old bastard shoots instead of talking .... VERY VERY BAD.

There is a strong need to spazz out around here, whenever the opportunity presents itself. Just waiting with baited breath for the next story that resembles this scenario, to come along.

phantomenforcer
superstar
Total Posts: 3632
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-24-18 10:23 AM - Post#1714709    

In response to NYRfan

So an entitled asshole figures it's okay to park wherever she wants, someone calls her out on her bullshittery. Guy comes up and physically assaults him and gets shot. I side with the shooter 100%.

Oh and he was defending me and his children.....from what....you being called out for being in the wrong.

Fuck these "I do what I want" people. They should be called out for shit like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
111 Online Now
4 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 107 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.328 seconds.   Total Queries: 345   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 03:28 PM