hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Karlsson to San Jose        (Topic#550298)
Gumper31
superstar
Total Posts: 2950
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-18 01:47 PM - Post#1715345    

Just saw this on another hockey site: Sources say the #Sens have dealt Erik Karlsson to the Sharks in exchange for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, 2020
hockey, my family, working out and having some beers!

haymaker36
Total Posts: 16080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-18 02:56 PM - Post#1715346    

In response to Gumper31

I can’t believe that’s what they gave up for him. No Hertl, Meier, Lebanc, or Merkeley? Crazy, Wilson pulls the train robbery again! This almost makes up for the Raiders trading Mack. Gonna be a fun year in San Jose!
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 14056
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-18 03:20 PM - Post#1715347    

In response to haymaker36

Yup, this trade was pure highway robbery. An absolute robbery.

Colorado management is laughing hardest today, and can probably be heard echoing from some Draculian castle.

ovenrat
all star
Total Posts: 1664
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-18 07:11 PM - Post#1715348    

In response to Canucko29

think the Sharks will be fun to watch
talk about "transition" with him and Burns

Beagle
hall of famer
Total Posts: 7877
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-13-18 08:13 PM - Post#1715349    

In response to Canucko29

• Canucko29 Said:
Yup, this trade was pure highway robbery. An absolute robbery.

Colorado management is laughing hardest today, and can probably be heard echoing from some Draculian castle.

An act of desperation, because they likely had no other options.

haymaker36
Total Posts: 16080
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-14-18 12:00 AM - Post#1715350    

In response to Beagle

If you think about just high stakes GM stuff, has anybody pulled more crazy robbery trades during his tenure than Doug Wilson? Thornton, Boyle, Burns, Kane, and now Karlsson? His team has never reached the promised land, but you can’t say he hasn’t swung for the fences and connected on all of his big trades.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3463
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-15-18 06:11 PM - Post#1715355    

In response to haymaker36

So all my hockey mates at our humble pick up game were saying, "Doug Wilson is the best GM" and wearing their Shark's T's and jerseys, hell I gotta pair of socks I wear with my skates, though I love Chicago. So me and this other grey beard are left changing and I said, "I wish the Shark's would get someone in a trade that was not ten years into his career." Plus the other "old guy" did not know Karlsson has half an ankle on one of his feet. That being said I hope this puts them over the top. My family are Shark fans, it'd be great if they won a Cup. I being a long suffering Black Hawk fan knows Doug's culture in Chicago: Ice a competitive team, get to the Finals once in a while but don't win it, but really want to win it.
I've met Doug he will want you to call him that as opposed to his earned respect of "Mr. Wilson." I hope they do it for my brother, my bro in law, Hay and all the fans in SJ. In fact I am going to 'Vegas in the early part of October and will check the odds for them to win it all. Yeah I know they got Thorton early in his career. I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by HenryHanson on 09-15-18 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tmc
superstar
Total Posts: 3358
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-16-18 06:38 PM - Post#1715358    

In response to HenryHanson

• HenryHanson Said:
So all my hockey mates at our humble pick up game were saying, "Doug Wilson is the best GM" and wearing their Shark's T's and jerseys, hell I gotta pair of socks I wear with my skates, though I love Chicago. So me and this other grey beard are left changing and I said, "I wish the Shark's would get someone in a trade that was not ten years into his career." Plus the other "old guy" did not know Karlsson has half an ankle on one of his feet. That being said I hope this puts them over the top. My family are Shark fans, it'd be great if they won a Cup. I being a long suffering Black Hawk fan knows Doug's culture in Chicago: Ice a competitive team, get to the Finals once in a while but don't win it, but really want to win it.
I've met Doug he will want you to call him that as opposed to his earned respect of "Mr. Wilson." I hope they do it for my brother, my bro in law, Hay and all the fans in SJ. In fact I am going to 'Vegas in the early part of October and will check the odds for them to win it all. Yeah I know they got Thorton early in his career. I am cautiously optimistic.

If I was a Sharks fan I'd be happy if not ecstatic. They never gave up that much, picks and prospects and a couple of ham n eggers. Top two scoring defensemen in the league. I'd be working on signing him quick. The Western conference and Pacific division just received a gut punch. If he walks at the end of the year that's a different story but as for now, what a move by Wilson.
Lamont, You big dummy!

HenryHanson
superstar
Total Posts: 3463
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
09-17-18 05:05 PM - Post#1715371    

In response to tmc

Beat L.A.!!! (Repeat until you realize how dumb it is to say that aloud.) Yeah they got some great D, yet their forwards are getting old/great role players. (insert cliche how one needs to "step up") Who wants to bet that the picks/prospects work out better in Ott than Karlsson in SJ? I've seen Chicago do that with their teams, have 4 Dmen who can play yet only two and a half lines. I've seen SJ think they can roll the puck on the ice and win it all only to disappoint.

Though I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by HenryHanson on 09-17-18 05:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
119 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 118 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.188 seconds.   Total Queries: 178   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 08:24 PM