hockey-fights.com
Username Post: Attention hockeyfight.com members, you are welcome here at FC        (Topic#550603)
Cotton
Total Posts: 27963
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-10-19 02:14 PM - Post#1717106    

Many people have been on both forums for years, but with the recent events of new ownership on HF and many of their forums features and past being gutted, I wanted to extend to ANYONE who use to mainly go there a welcome here.

Our hobby has been declining for years due the way the game of hockey is played now, but we at least have our past. Many of us spent the better part of two decades with this odd hobby into hockey fights and I don't want to to see the history vanish in part due to the other set of forums being destroyed. You are welcome here. Any and all past rivalries between the groups is null and void. We need to preserve our hobby and you are all welcome to help do that here and help improve our forums. Thank you.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."
-creed of Texas Ranger Captain W. J. McDonald

Twist 'n Belak
hall of famer
Total Posts: 6507
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-10-19 04:45 PM - Post#1717108    

In response to Cotton

Lol I may have way more posts over there, but FC is still my original home, since I joined here first. I said i would laugh the day FC outlives hockeyfights, considering the latter gets more mainstream exposure in news articles and quips from team commentators.
formerly Belak_2 aka Bleka...

DOWN GOES BRASHEAR!

srehm1
veteran
Total Posts: 471
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-10-19 05:00 PM - Post#1717109    

In response to Twist 'n Belak

When I first signed on to these hockey fight boards back in 2008, I settled in over at hockeyfights.com. Even though I gave both sites a whirl, I just found myself a little more comfortable over there. Every so often I might post something here but I usually just did my thing there. Now we've come to a crossroads... my loyalty has always been to this hobby - not any particular site or forum. I've always enjoyed writing about fights and I will continue to do so wherever I may roam.

Cotton - I remember you mostly at hf but you left after my first few years or so. Welcome back to the hobby. Thanks for reaching out to the other side. This hobby still has a pulse and I'm glad to see there's still some fight left in people to keep this going. I still trade and post and put together shit for the fight fans. I love this shit. It's just a shame what's been going on over at hf. Seems like a bad dream really.

You made some fine comments over there, cotton and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. It's good to know there's still some semblance of 'community' left in this hobby.
R.I.P. Bob Probert - the greatest of all time.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37375
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-10-19 08:09 PM - Post#1717110    

In response to srehm1

Welcome aboard, HFers!

-PR

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 01:20 AM - Post#1717112    

In response to srehm1

• srehm1 Said:
When I first signed on to these hockey fight boards back in 2008, I settled in over at hockeyfights.com. Even though I gave both sites a whirl, I just found myself a little more comfortable over there. Every so often I might post something here but I usually just did my thing there. Now we've come to a crossroads... my loyalty has always been to this hobby - not any particular site or forum. I've always enjoyed writing about fights and I will continue to do so wherever I may roam.

Cotton - I remember you mostly at hf but you left after my first few years or so. Welcome back to the hobby. Thanks for reaching out to the other side. This hobby still has a pulse and I'm glad to see there's still some fight left in people to keep this going. I still trade and post and put together shit for the fight fans. I love this shit. It's just a shame what's been going on over at hf. Seems like a bad dream really.

You made some fine comments over there, cotton and I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us. It's good to know there's still some semblance of 'community' left in this hobby.

I am truly upset over the way people over at HF were treated during this transfer of new ownership. They bought it as a business venture for clicks and ad revenue (nothing at all wrong with that part of it) but failed to understand that attached to it was an online community of over 20 years. From a group of people who have had their hobby pretty much ripped from them by the last decade of this garbage hockey. To the extremes of apathy that set in. Only to have their community, the only thing they had left, totally compromised and for the new owner to show utter disdain for them.

I don't know if trying will help, but I am motivated to do the right thing to save the history of our hobby. To at least fight to keep this weird sub-culture of hockey fans around so at least we can keep our memories alive.
"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right an keeps on a-comin."

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 09:47 AM - Post#1717117    

In response to Cotton

When you say "sub-culture", it feels kind'a dirty...

-PR

Marcelino Jeopardy
superstar
Total Posts: 4263
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 10:29 AM - Post#1717124    

In response to Cotton

What exactly did they do on that site? I haven't really been on that site in years. I can't even remember if I had an account there.
Anyone who ever posted another poster's quote as their signature is a giant douchebag.

-PR

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 01:33 PM - Post#1717135    

In response to Marcelino Jeopardy

Their older posts, post counts, join dates, PMs, and many of the features they had are all gone. It is stripped down and looks like trash.

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 01:34 PM - Post#1717136    

In response to Cotton

This is what it looks like now:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f28/new-site-l o...

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-11-19 01:35 PM - Post#1717137    

In response to PuckRogue

• PuckRogue Said:

-PR

It sounds better than "weirdos" I guess. lol

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17332
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-19 08:04 AM - Post#1717143    

In response to Cotton

• Cotton Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

I've long since accepted that we are on the same level as Furries and Juggalos.
“I know words, I have the best words.”

Bridgman
Senior Vet
Total Posts: 9399
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-12-19 09:19 AM - Post#1717146    

In response to Fotiu

Vodka did a hell of a lot of good over there. Congrats to him. We have and have here the base of knowledge that always was the mecca for old school hockey fight fans.

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-19 03:05 PM - Post#1717174    

In response to Bridgman

• Bridgman Said:
Vodka did a hell of a lot of good over there. Congrats to him. We have and have here the base of knowledge that always was the mecca for old school hockey fight fans.

That man dedicated his life to this hobby and did a wonderful job. What is upsetting is the people who bought it don't seem to respect the hobby or the people that make it a hobby at all.

Cotton
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-13-19 03:06 PM - Post#1717175    

In response to Fotiu

• Fotiu Said:
  • Cotton Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

It's an odd thing to say. It's almost like if someone who is a NASCAR fan asks someone else if they like it and they say they kinda do but really only watch for the crashes.

PuckRogue
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-14-19 10:13 AM - Post#1717198    

In response to Fotiu

• Fotiu Said:
  • Cotton Said:
  • PuckRogue Said:

-PR

LMAO!

-PR

Canucko29
legend
Total Posts: 14091
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-19 12:27 AM - Post#1717226    

In response to PuckRogue

In the same way Friedrich Nietzsche declared that we killed God, I will say that we have killed machoism and manliness. Hockey fights are slowly going the way of disco.

As for vodka, I remember him contacting myself to write boxing for him, but sports writing wasn’t in my heart and I quit. Vodka was an honorable, and fair man and he worked hard. I’m glad he got something in return for all that hard work.

Edited by Canucko29 on 01-16-19 12:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

juha82
legend
Total Posts: 10519
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-19 02:59 AM - Post#1717229    

In response to Canucko29

I hope some day HF.com takes me back on their site, bec i have improved as a human. My opinion.
HF.com = great site, like this one.
HF.com has a good fightning data-info, but best fightning data-info is showed on the dyg.site.

Baldridge
legend
Total Posts: 12325
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-19 07:01 AM - Post#1717233    

In response to juha82

www.Juha-fIGhts.com...
"I can't prove any of it"-NYRfan

juha82
legend
Total Posts: 10519
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-19 07:33 AM - Post#1717234    

In response to Baldridge

I do like ILB (i like boob) -posters posting style, he posted only pure gold on the Hf.com.

KiddYidd + many else gets a honour too.
I remember so KiddYidd have a crazy sense of humour, we often goes joking together.

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35905
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
01-16-19 10:07 AM - Post#1717242    

In response to juha82

muh-fuggers still gotsta pay the 200.00 membership fee.

send it to my gaypal account ........

KiddYidd, that's funny. There's a guy on HF who uses jew-jitsu a lot.

Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
87 Online Now
1 viewable users and 0 hidden plus 86 guests are online now.
Hot Topic
Most recent hot topic is "Gillette Commercial" with 18 replies.
Ad
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2019 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.328 seconds.   Total Queries: 347   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-6.0). Current time is 01:54 AM