hockey-fights.com
 Page 11 of 11 « First<891011
Username Post: The BIRTH of FC.......        (Topic#87)
haymaker36
Total Posts: 16040
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
07-11-14 11:08 PM - Post#1604202    

In response to Fotiu

• Fotiu Said:
  • 187 Said:
Passed by 14th year anniversary last month. Forgot to celebrate. This post #4000 for me. Thanks, FC.

When does my gold watch arrive in the mail?

Jesus, me too. I got a box with a turd in it in the mail. The return address was a university in Tennessee.

He must have rerouted the turd I sent him. Sorry about that. I was on a trail mix diet for a week.
"I may be an emotional cripple but am becoming a strong, burly fucking hunk of a man."

-Crowder

Kwig2121
veteran
Total Posts: 403
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-25-17 01:35 PM - Post#1707217    

In response to Neely8

Man I just ran across this post like 8 years too late. But just reading some of the names like Marty 33, Travman, Mike LA, Chuckdgaf, Wensik, Huard, Posux, Cheech, Richter, to name a few, well I had to post.

I started out on Souls and since everybody is coming clean I was the infamous Can_U_Smell_It. LOL. I think when we went to FC i couldn't use that monkier anymore or I lost it at souls...so I just went with the Kwig2121. The 2121 in honor of Dave Brown & Dominque Wilkins.

I even remember how we would trade VHS tapes back then. I could actually purchase many of the old school fights, fighters and brawls, pre you tube, and how exciting it made me feel.

The board wasn't just a message board, it was bigger than a community, it was FAMILY>

I remember rushing home in the early 2000's just to hit the fight board. I would stay on it all day to get educated by Cheech, Richter, Marty33 and some Behn Wilson guy.

Man you throw in Posux, Barnaby, Churla, and we had a civil war. Those days were great and the league was a man's league then. Guys like Probie, Kocur, Domi, Grimson, McSorley, made my young adult days.

Too bad those days are gone. I don't even post or watch hockey anymore. Great game but I miss the physicality. Not just the fights but the hits, the rivalries like Stevens/Lindros, Flames/Oilers, Isles/Rangers or any matchup from the old Patrick Division.

Just want to take time out to thank you guys from Souls, to FC, to Hockey Fights. You guys were such a big part of my young adult years. Thanks to guys like Travman for running the board and all the moderators.

And hats off to Marty33, Richter, Cheech, DGAF, Fotiu, Wensik, the list goes on and on. You guys were scholars at the enforcer game.

Long live those days, those memories, and all the best to you and your families!

Kwig2121

Edited by Kwig2121 on 11-25-17 01:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drewman
superstar
Total Posts: 4688
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       

11-27-17 10:11 AM - Post#1707265    

In response to Kwig2121

Holy living fuck, we have a Kwig sighting!

This thread is always good for a look back. Should be required reading for newcomers (if we have any that aren't just spam accounts at least).
"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." - Paul Simon

Fotiu
Total Posts: 17262
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-27-17 04:44 PM - Post#1707274    

In response to Drewman

Word - 4 years or so Kwig? So happy to see you back. We're trying to keep the torch lit, but it's not easy these days..........
“I know words, I have the best words.”

NYRfan
legend
Total Posts: 35629
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
11-29-17 01:24 PM - Post#1707324    

In response to Fotiu

I remember the birth very clearly.

Trav was screaming like a banshee as octuplets tumbled out.

Several moderators were eating the afterbirth, claiming it to be superfood.

Fotiu was the midwife, screaming at everybody to shut up.

Maloney, Takedown, Plett, Titzgerald wept with joy.

Marty33
all star
Total Posts: 1165
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-12-18 04:33 PM - Post#1713441    

In response to NYRfan

Just wanted to bump this one. Back when FC/Rinkside/Mr. Soul's began, little did we know how good we really had it. Can't believe this thread is still here 17+ years later. A ride to almost enforcer extinction. Reading a lot of these brought back a lot of memories. What a shame, but at the same time, thankful for those memories.
"Yeah, we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money too." Patrick Ewing ('94 NBA Strike)

Edited by Marty33 on 05-12-18 04:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Maguire19
Total Posts: 19286
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-15-18 08:46 AM - Post#1713484    

In response to Marty33

I always wondered if the hobby could live on after fighting no longer exists. Its pretty much where we are now. 95% of the fights we see today couldn't hold a candle to what was the daily norm years ago. Great memories indeed though and Ill still break out a DVD every now and then or scour YouTube to get a fix.

PuckRogue
Total Posts: 37304
Average Post Ranks%:             
User Rank%:                       
05-15-18 03:53 PM - Post#1713504    

In response to Maguire19

Everything will be on YouTube soon then everyone else will drop dead and some idiot with throw away all their hold-outs.

The hobby will always be there and will, I'm sure, occasionally peak interest whenever neo-hockey does have a decent brawl...but the game will never be the same.

-PR

Page 11 of 11 « First<891011
Icon Legend Permissions & Sharing Options Topic Options
Print Topic

Follow
108 Online Now
3 viewable users and 2 hidden plus 103 guests are online now.
Ad
Recent Topics
FusionBB™ Version 3.2 | ©2003-2018 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.172 seconds.   Total Queries: 165   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT-5). Current time is 12:09 PM